It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barret to kick H&K XM-8 ass.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm all for the Barrett solution.

I think Barrett is perfectly capable of designing and producing a solution to the problems inherent to the M16 upper reciever. I mainly consider the cost. I don't really want to have to spend another 8 billion dollars on an entirely new rifle especially when an entirely new rifle is not absolutely necessay.

Yeah, the XM8 looks pretty cool, and it's probably a good weapon, but there isn't all that much wrong with the M4 the way it is now. It has its drawbacks and its flaws, but if those minor flaws could be mitigated simply by attaching a new upper receiver to the lower, then I'm all for it.

We're into the current conflicts in excess of $300 billion right now. Why spend another dime when its not necessary? And who's gonna pay either way? You and me, that's who.

M6D

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
the upper reciever just doesnt look like it could fill the roles the XM-8 can, and personnaly all these small advntages id probably pay for :p

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by M6D
thats what the guy with the M249 does...the rest of the guys shoot accurately...unless your army

u dont spray and pray, u aim and shoot, this aint no rambo style shooting where u fire yer gun from the hip, but u shoulder the gun and aim. u fire as many rounds until the enemy is dead or to ceasefire.

M6D

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
believe it or not, unless youve lost your sense of humour, i was joking

somthing liek M249 isnt the most accurate thing in the world but it has the ammo, thats why i said it, geeze, dont take everything seriously

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
HOW DOES THAT HAVE JACK TO DO WITH THIS???? Look, I'm saying that 30 rd mags SUCK.

They indeed suck if you don't aim.

No, not CS, not Halo, NO GAMES!!! Real life: 1st 1 shot does not always equal a kill, unless you have a HUGE caliber rd, but, 6.8 is soooooo much better than sucky .22.

Not necesarilly, if you hit your target with a 6.8mm round, he's more than likely going down.

That has been proved time and time again. Probally the biggest example was in Somalia, even better, the CAR-15 with the Green Tip Rds. 2nd: Less Ammo = More times to reload. 3rd: You want to talk about combat: 2 rds less could screw you. I've got some time till combat, but in REAL LIFE, these are true.

It wouldn't screw you necesarilly, but in all reality, all a bigger round needs is a bigger magazine, I understand they want to simply modify the M16 STANAG mags, but IMO that's crap, they should just expand the magazine a little, the AK-47 can hold 30 7.62 rounds in a mag, and the mag isn't that much larger.

Plus, what's with the no SEAL=no name crap

Ehhhh, just saying, someone was argueing if you were a SEAL or not, but I doubt SEALs would come to this site anyway, you'd be more likely to encounter them on AR-15.com or such.

I meant no personal attack on you or to insult you.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
HOW DOES THAT HAVE JACK TO DO WITH THIS???? Look, I'm saying that 30 rd mags SUCK.

They indeed suck if you don't aim.

No, not CS, not Halo, NO GAMES!!! Real life: 1st 1 shot does not always equal a kill, unless you have a HUGE caliber rd, but, 6.8 is soooooo much better than sucky .22.

Not necesarilly, if you hit your target with a 6.8mm round, he's more than likely going down.

That has been proved time and time again. Probally the biggest example was in Somalia, even better, the CAR-15 with the Green Tip Rds. 2nd: Less Ammo = More times to reload. 3rd: You want to talk about combat: 2 rds less could screw you. I've got some time till combat, but in REAL LIFE, these are true.

It wouldn't screw you necesarilly, but in all reality, all a bigger round needs is a bigger magazine, I understand they want to simply modify the M16 STANAG mags, but IMO that's crap, they should just expand the magazine a little, the AK-47 can hold 30 7.62 rounds in a mag, and the mag isn't that much larger.

Plus, what's with the no SEAL=no name crap

Ehhhh, just saying, someone was argueing if you were a SEAL or not, but I doubt SEALs would come to this site anyway, you'd be more likely to encounter them on AR-15.com or such.

I meant no personal attack on you or to insult you.

"I meant no personal attack on you or to insult you."

No problem man.

And yeah, like the AK-47 Mags, their not so much bigger, but they have enough rounds and stopping power. The only real problem there is it's accuracy.

Yeah, they're trying to upgrade the M16, but they screwed up by "solving" the weight problem by taking off much of the stock[not the length, but how strong it is]. And yeah,if they could extend the mag, AT LEAST the .22 could survive.

"2 rds less could screw you." Yeah, all I meant is the last thing you want to hear is click, click, click, when all you might need is 1-2 more rds.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join