It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's The Craziest Thing you've ever done?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger
, I once done something many think would be just as crazy (and certainly just as costly). I once got fired because of my principles. The competitor was three states away from where I was originally working (it seems that all the local companies had been contacted by the CEO whom I told off and were told that I was some sort of a "bad guy".)

=========================================

Thanks I needed that. A similar occurance happened to me last August and I haven"t worked since.
I was a consultant on a BLM job for PAR Electric out of Kansas City. They wanted me to use a sub standard product other than the one specified by the government. They were cutting corners cause they left 11 mil on the table in a 60 mil job.
I attempted for a week to negotiate and explain that the inferior product would not work and could jeopardize life, to no avail. So I lost it and walked into a meeting late and told them they were foolish and had no idea what they were doing and said I would be in my hotel room when they wanted to talk about it. The die was cast. Figured I'd get a raise or get fired at any rate there was no way I was going to sign my name to a known sham. I got fired and black listed and all my friends think I am nuts for throwing all that money and a career down the drain for principal
This is going to sound terrible, but I am really happy to hear you lost your job on principal also.' Here's looking at you kid', H. BOGART

tut lol

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
when I left Gateway Computers. They went to using cheap parts, but still charging high prices. Not to mention, Ted left and left the bean-counters in charge, and it all went to hell after that.... Best crazy move I ever made though, as I'm now making more than I did with them, and I believe in my company's product...

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
stick of dynamite
Trash can full of water

It's the most impressive thing you'll ever see... I promise. Just remember to run like the world is ending behind you.... cuz it is.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I was up in Newpoert beach. I am a bodyboarder, therefore I bodyboard. Next to Newport beach there is a jtty(sp) called "The Wdge" It used to be secret when my dad was young, but now it's well known. I've only been there once but. 13foot waves, 2 feet of water. I'm lucky I didnt crash. Lol. And me and my brother shot roman candles at cars once.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Lol. Once we were 2 cars driving on the high way. One of us lighted a pipe, and we all smoked, passing the pipe from car to car, taking turn. Was pretty funny.

Also this time I went body-trashing in a heavy metal show. I had a couple of line of coke just before. I knocked my head several time then wake up on the floor. My face was sticked to the not-so-clean floor.

Geez, drugs make you do crazy stuff.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 02:19 AM
link   
My friend needed someone to take his car back home (he had two...)...so I was the only one available.

It was my first time triving trafficked streets, first time making left turns, first time driving solo, and second time I had ever driven.

I had never had a permit before then, and of course, no license

Good experience though.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven
stick of dynamite
Trash can full of water

It's the most impressive thing you'll ever see... I promise. Just remember to run like the world is ending behind you.... cuz it is.

I dont know why but I find this Hilarious!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join