It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My News Submissions can't be voted on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I've just had yet another person inform me that the second story in a row that I've submitted is unable to be voted on. Is this a bug?

I'm submitting the stories through the form that the sticky links to...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think, as I said in the other thread addressing this issue, that the medal you have seems to block the voting system for some reason...

Maybe a simple coding problem?....

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well that's odd... cause I think the first news submission actually allowed for voting, cause it eventually became news.

Any mods have insight on this they can share?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
also...

you are not anonymous???

when you post something as a news submisssion, you are supposed to be anonymous...

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
you are not anonymous???

when you post something as a news submisssion, you are supposed to be anonymous...

Something tells me that this is a bug, and not intentional...

Where da mods at?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Have you put in a complaint using the suggestion button? That usually gets their attention faster than just posting a thread.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I had asked about this in my first post in the thread, I edited it because I didnt want to come off rude so I kept it on the subject.

[edit on 13-4-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
just do it for the cause

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalki
just do it for the cause

Indeed, I'd post on ATS regardless of whether or not there was a point system or even just a post count. However, as a tech, broken is broken, and someone needs to know...

I'll try the suggestion button as djohnsto77 suggested.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Looking at it another way, Jim, perhaps for a period your submissions are automatically ATSNN news.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
As in real life, TWAT's are big problems online.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
thelibra,
Let me see if I can get an official answer for you

Did this start since you got the awasrd (CONGRATS, by the way), or did it start the last few days?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
DTOM - Just thought I'd let you know...oh, and everyone else I suppose...that you're doing a splendid job as mod!

I remember when your question regarding why the fragile earth forum wasn't showing up in your myATS went unanswered for months!

Looks like you're making up for lost time

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Thanks, Enron,

Yeah, it took awhile but it DID get fixed. It wasn't months, just seemed like it.
Fragile Earth is much more popular now, too.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
thelibra,
Let me see if I can get an official answer for you

Did this start since you got the awasrd (CONGRATS, by the way), or did it start the last few days?

Well, S.O. started looking into it. I haven't heard an answer yet, but I'm confident he/she will sort it out. As for when the problem started, it was a few days ago (when I'd already got the award) but then again, I only started submitting news this week. I didn't realize that anyone could submit, until I saw something about it on one of the threads.

As an update, one of my articles did get an upgrade, I don't know if it fixed the problem though... guess I won't know till the next time I submit news.

PS: Thank you for the "congrats", I really dig this site the most. I haven't enjoyed a forum site this much since X-Forums lost all their old members.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I remember once I checked out thelibra's "Tip of the Pyramid" post just after he/she got the TWATS and every poster in the thread had the TWATS medal in their profile. 'TWAS pretty funky. Shoulda got a screencap...

new topics

top topics

join