It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Sells Daughter for a Car

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
this is off CNN. this woman sold her oldest daughter for an automobile AFTER the daughter age 14 refused to go in to prostitution. the youngest daughter is 12 and was put in to prostitution at 11 and is now PREGNANT.

this absolutely SICKENS ME!! i can't imagine what emotional damage has been done to these poor girls. the youngest one says her mom took them out of school............and now all the little one wants to do is go back to school. she made A's and B's in school.

the girls are OUT of their mother's custody......hopefully they can find good homes for them with loving parents and a stable living environment.

here's the link:

www.cnn.com...

Police: Woman sold daughter for car
Second daughter allegedly forced into prostitution

OKEECHOBEE, Florida (AP) -- A woman was arrested for allegedly forcing her 12-year-old daughter into prostitution and trading a 14-year-old daughter for a car.

The 39-year-old woman was charged with aggravated child abuse and sexual performance by a child. Both girls have been turned over to the Department of Children & Families.

The youngest girl and her mother were living out of their car, and would sell sex for food and an occasional shower at the men's homes, according to a report by Okeechobee County Sheriff's Detective K.J. Ammons.

The youngest daughter is three months pregnant, the report said; she was 11 when her mother first forced her to have sex with a man. The older daughter refused to be a prostitute and was allegedly sold for a car.

"She was sold to a man for a Mercury Cougar," Ammons said. "But he never gave the mother the vehicle." He was arrested in the case.

The youngest girl told detectives her mother took them out of school. "She said she was a good student and made A's and B's, and all she wants to do is go back to school," he said.

this woman just infuriates me!!

angie

Mod Edit: to remove ALL-CAPS title

[edit on 13-4-2005 by kinglizard]

[edit on 13-4-2005 by amb1063]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is so sad. Women like this do not derserve to have children. She should be hung like any witch would be back in the day.
I'd like to do really bad things to people like this woman.
Sooner or later these kinds of stories are going to cause somebody to start a group that just takes care of such people. Anybody up for starting a new secrete society???

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
well, before we can judge her, what year was the cougar ?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
First of all obviously some mental problems are involved here with the mother, also the mother and children were in the streets homeless.

Some more issues are involved in this case, I will put my bet on mental problems with the mother.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I thought only those evil, dastardly French did stuff like this?

Sorry, couldn't resist

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I thought only those evil, dastardly French did stuff like this?

Sorry, couldn't resist

I hope Dr. Horacid is reading this. Maybe he'll tell us that the woman was of French descent?

[edit on 13-4-2005 by Aelita]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ican't find anything to say. My hope goes out for the girls.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Congratulation the consumer society!!

I hope this kind of society.. our, will decrease and change to another form of society like a harmony and love society and not a society where the money rules and who have the biggest house and the biggest car in the country.

So I hate the American dream who is this kind of thing... I'm the richer and I'm the best...
this is stupid.

[edit on 13-4-2005 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Who the hell would pay to have sex with an 11 year old girl

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is just sickening, vile, abhorrent and whatever other adjective you care to throw at this. The mother will hopefully spend a long and not so leisurely spell somewhere. But those 2 girls, good grief, the scars that they'll have especially the youngest. And the lowlife scum that actually had sex with her ...... well I think most folk will know where I'm going with this.

Fiona.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Who the hell would pay to have sex with an 11 year old girl

Who? I'll tell ya who!

Some sicko redneck, long haired truck driver that's probably too ashamed of himself to get laid the old fashioned way (pure sauvey and confidence)

This disgust me....Give me 5 minutes with this sicko...just 5 minutes.

I wanna kill him
...now!! I seriously do

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
Who? I'll tell ya who!

Some sicko redneck, long haired truck driver that's probably too ashamed of himself to get laid the old fashioned way (pure sauvey and confidence)

This disgust me....Give me 5 minutes with this sicko...just 5 minutes.

I wanna kill him
...now!! I seriously do

Kind of a stereotype no? Arent rednecks in Texas not Florida?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Kind of a stereotype no? Arent rednecks in Texas not Florida?

Alabama!!! ok im joking. That's besides the point...yeah I was sterotyping.

Redneck, white collar, pink shirt...I dont care who it was....It's sick and they should dealt with accordingly

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
It's sick and they should dealt with accordingly

You are takling about psychiatric help

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well, if we are going with stereotypes my money is on a black man. There indiscriminate with who or what they have sex with.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Castration is the only treatment these people need and then make them the official prison Whore at the state pen. That would be for first offence, second would be less costley only 10 cents for a bullet.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
the prostitution/selling of the girls is sick. unfortunately i fear all too common. it is unfortunate that these things happen, but you have to do what you have to do to survive. this dosn't by anymeans wxcuse it, but should point out our societies need to change.

at first glimpse you see that the girls are forced into haveing sex for the greed of the mother.but when you read it something comes out. mainly that they were homeless, liveing in a car. the story does not mention this but i would go out on a limb and sudjest that the mother was also selling herself.

so we have homeless mother and children with no home, no money, and no sanitary facilities. why would she not turn to selling the only thing she has her self and her daughters. it is a renewable income source. just put yourself in their shoes. this story does not give anywhere enough information on the WHY's of this happening. we are shown the "defilement", and the "indecency" of the actions. we are only given a glimpse at the hell they must have been liveing, and i am not talking about the sex. the mother is made out to be a cruel exploiter without remorse, a "monster".

as horrible as the entire situation is we must try to look at it from the mother's prospective. she aparently for whatever reason has no job and no home. probably no food. now to try to survive she starts to rent most likely starts to prostitute herself,(we are not told she is but i think it likely). then she gets her daughters involved. the youngest one goes along with it contributeing to the "family income". the money made would most likely pay for food, and "protection", mabe even some was put aside to try to get out of that situation.

now one daughter is refuseing to help out the family income. lets face it at this point the mother is more than likely in full "survival at any cost" mode. she has one daughter helping make things better for all three of them. the other does nothing to contribute. this makes her a freeloader, a taker, not a giver. so she is a drain on resources. an opertunity comes up to trade her daughter for a car. presumibly the car is in working order, a chance to move on and possibly get out of the situation. she has herself, a contributer, and a free loader. so here is a chance for the older daughter to help out the family. she has presumibly been liveing off the prostitution of the other two. so since she has done nothing but take. this is an opertunity to pay back for what she has used (i seriously doubt that the mother or youngest daughter are in the best mental state, the law of the streets is to survive at ANY cost). so they "sell" the TAKER, to get a way out. but they are ripped off, sdo the plan ultimately failed.

i admit that i do not know if this is exactly what happened, as we do not have the full information. but i have talked to street people in the past and this does follow how they think, and survive in at least some of the homeless. so therefore it is not that much of a streatch. for the homeless survival of the fittest is not just a saying it is a way of life. you do WHATEVER IT TAKES to survive.

personaly i would suspect that all three of the victoms need some serious help. but instead of just damming the mother who may have just done what was needed to try to survive. we need to find out why they were put into the possition that made this a necessity. why were they homeless? that is ultimately why this happened. once you are out on the streets it is extreemly difficult to get back into "normal" society.

why were the girls not in school? well what do you suspect would happen if it was found out that they had no home? (and it would have happened at some point). they would have "taken the kids away for safety". have you ever witnessed the scean of a mother when the children are taken away? in most cases the mother will fight to keep the family together, much like a mother bear will kill if there is even the slightest possibility od harm to her cubs. so in this case the takeing of the children out of school would be to save the family.

couldn't the mother get a job? welll we certainly don't know if she is qualified at anything. but once out on the streets it is almost impossible to get a job. for example how can you get a phonecall for a job interview? how likely is a "dirty, possibly smelly, shabily dressed person, to pass an interview and get a job. we all have been told that we need to present a "perfect" picture at an interview, or they will hire someone else. yes looks do count when getting a job. would you get hired for example if you went in with ripped jeans maby a scruffy beard, and haven't showered or even had clean cloths? i doubt it, i doubt that you would even have the interview.

what about trying social services? well mabe she did at some point. but i do not think she would have mentiond the children as she would fear them being taken away. remember a mother will try to protect her children by keeping them safe and will likely not trust that anyone else will be good enough. for those of you with children, how long and hard would you think about where your children should go if you died? a child taken get put with total strangers quite a lot. heck last night we had an amber alert for an 18 month old baby, the abducter was the mother. the baby was taken from child services. i am sure that they had their reasons but no reason is good enough for a mother who loves the child.

while i find the prostitution of young girls to be sick,(and it probably happens everyday, in every city). in this case it just may not have been done out of greed, but out of desperation. yes the mother has blame to bear but she most likely was not thinking like a person from our nice polite society, but as a homeless person who MUST do whatever it takes to survive. in fact it may well be that our society is the one with the ultimate guilt . if people were able to work and afford to provide for themselves, without hardship off a single salery for even unskilled work, just perhaps this woman would not have been put into a possition where it became necisary to prostitute the children. question is why was she homeless to begin with?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Sorry Drogo but that is BS. There are far to many ways to get help and far to many places to get work if you want it bad enough. We need to stop making excuses for these people because there is no reason for something like this to happen.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by krt1967

I'd like to do really bad things to people like this woman.
Sooner or later these kinds of stories are going to cause somebody to start a group that just takes care of such people.

Ever see Boondock Saints?

"They should be in ever major city".

Seriously though, this is just sick. Just sick.

I know plenty of women that would do ANYTHING to be able to have a kid of their own, much less TWO, and would provide for them. It's just such a shame it's the mothers like this that get to have kids.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
For a Mercury Cougar? Man, that's even more sickening....

Ok, just had to bring some levity to this...why does this crap always happen in my bass ackwards state?
Oh, and in Florida, we're called "Crackers"... Only those in Central Florida are called rednecks....

When Amuk sees this thread, he's going to go off the deep end....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join