It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel presents Iranian nuclear sites to Bush at conference

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well I think the Israeli complaints about Iran's nuclear program are hypocritical at the very least.

I also think that despite all the huffing and puffing, there is very little to be done about it. Israel might be able to launch an airstrike and knock out part of the program, but the Iranians are likely to take some form of retaliatory measures. Similarly the US could launch a strike, but at the risk of Iranian retaliation against US forces in Iraq. I think a nuclear Iran is simply a fact we will have to live with, much like a nuclear North Korea.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Similarly the US could launch a strike, but at the risk of Iranian retaliation against US forces in Iraq.

Very good point!

Majority of Iraqis are Shiites and have spiritual connections with Iran. Also, major ayatollas in Iraq are actually from Iran. They have the power to get people out in the streets and make the US position untenable.

So paradoxically, the US is now an Iranian hostage in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Incidentally, Israel is no.1 in the middle east in almost everything except oil.

The fact that it's a nation of less than seven million people that gets more foreign aid from the US than all other nations combined might just have something to do with this. It's easy to be successful when you have the richest country in the world paying your bills.

When the Agenda is Israel bashing even truth will not stand in the way.
files.abovetopsecret.com...
This data is from:
hutchison.senate.gov...

Note: Iraq receive than Israel did in the last 5 years. Egypt receives almost as much as Israel.

Your statement just shows how ignorant you are of Israel. US aid had nothing to do with its military superiority what makes Israel militarily superior is that Israel cannot AFFORD to loose a single war. It would mean Israel's end. This is a luxury Israel cannot afford.

Economically, Israel is oil-less and makes its money from it high-tech, Bio-tech, pharmaceutical and military Industries - No other country in the regions even hopes to reach Israel's level.

Next time check the facts before you post. It will just make you 'seem' more intelligent.

An apartheid-style "democracy" where only one ethnic group has a say is not a democracy in any real sense.

Again ignorance:
Did you ever hear of Hadash Ta'al, National Democratic Assembly, United Arab List? or how about the Arab parliment members in Likud or Labor.

Arabs have their say and those Knesset members say a lot. Israel provides them with the freedom to say whatever they want wherever they want to.

Palestinians - A different country is at war with Israel even though Israel attempts to make peace with them since 1993. The Palestinian National Authority is responsible for those Palestinians and provides them with their 'freedoms'.
They are the parlimentary factions in the Israeli knesset representing the Israeli Arabs

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It seems some of the forum members are actually looking forward for a Nuclear Iran. Some people never learn and cannot have enough foresight to see the danger in this. This is not an threat against Israel but a threat against anyone not Muslim.
I guess with time this lesson will be learned.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
This is not an threat against Israel but a threat against anyone not Muslim.

no its not. Unless you can back up that statement perhaps?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Your foreign aid figures ignore loan guarantees, which account for the hidden bulk of US aid to Israel. A $2 billion handout every year, structured so it looks like a loan, but a loan that never has to be repaid. Never mind that direct handouts to Israel each year amount to about $540 for each US citizen.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sal88

This is not an threat against Israel but a threat against anyone not Muslim.

no its not. Unless you can back up that statement perhaps?

In a nutshell:
www.insiderreport.net...
www.worldsecuritynetwork.com...

What convinced me was my discussion with a Iranian student studying for his Masters in Nuclear Physics in SUNY at Stonybrook in 1992 - He exposed me to the fundamentalist Iranian/Muslim thinking which was the reestablishment of the Islamic caliphate in the middle east - For starters.

I know there are many Iranians who do not subscribe to this but the current Iranian government does.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Your foreign aid figures ignore loan guarantees, which account for the hidden bulk of US aid to Israel. A $2 billion handout every year, structured so it looks like a loan, but a loan that never has to be repaid. Never mind that direct handouts to Israel each year amount to about $540 for each US citizen.

I provide proof - You provide talk.

Iraq received a huge sum just in 2004 which this is more than Israel receives in a total of over 5 years. Egypt and Afghanistan a close 2nd and 3rd to Israel.

The US population is 300M that makes US annual handouts to Israel $162,000,000,000 according to what you say.

Do you make a habbit of making up stories?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Actually I do owe you an apology on that, I misread the figure.
It's $540 per Israeli citizen, not per US citizen. A big difference indeed.

Still, it's a lot of my tax money going to a country with an awful human rights record.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hey XMotex:

Where (exactly) did you get the "200" nuke figure for Israel?

Officially, of course, the State of Israel "denies"(!) they even have a nuclear program at all (which of course is a "state lie", howbeit...no one knows for absolute sure if the actual working number of Nukes is 50 or 100 or more for that matter...much less the number of actually working-ready nukes, etc.)

Keeping 200 working nukes would probably bankrupt their economy anyway---what are they running at, $15 Billion in debt this year? Unless you are referring to the larger number of US nukes "at their disposal"?

Of course, if you think about it, all it would take is ONE single nuclear bomb dropped smack on the middle of Tel Aviv from,say, Tehran to ruin their whole day (and a single nuke could easily be bought from Red China or "cash-starved" Russsia------- both of whom have many many more than 200 "loose- nukes" to sell to the highest bidder, by the way).

I can't see Israel's having 200 nuclear weapons would be any more of a deterrent than a country having say, only 5 nuclear weapons, like North Korea for example. One Nuke, one would think, would be more than enough to do serious damage to a country as tiny as Israel (which is smaller than the state of New Jersey by the way...)

What do you think of the argument that the ENTIRE Middle East should be nuke free, including lil ol' Israel?

Syria and other nations in the region keep complaining (ad nauseam) to the UN that the US has a double standard when it comes to Israel especially on this touchy little subject of Nukes in the Negev: i.e. that Israel should be made as nuclear free as the rest of the middle east--an argument which got pres. John Kennedy shall we say a little hot under the collar with the then Israeli prime minister Ben Gurion in 1963.

Just wondered where you pulled your info from...and how good your sources might be...one never knows these days who to believe--what with all the dis-information floating around the Middle East from every side !

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Disarming Israel of its nukes will actually intensify violence in the middle east rather than calm it down. Its like having a 90lb weakling roaming in a ghetto full of thugs. He'd get hs ass kicked everyday. One day he gets an Uzi then he gets respect and no-one bugs him.
Israeli nukes where around since the 60s but it became known in the 70s. Since Israel experienced less wars. There is a reason for this. It is called deterence.
In comes Ahmed in the Ghetto who decided that the Ghetto is for 150lb people and above. Now to kick the 90lb weakling out he tries to get an UZI too. Would you let him? You know whats gonna happen.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Disarming Israel of its nukes will actually intensify violence in the middle east rather than calm it down. Its like having a 90lb weakling roaming in a ghetto full of thugs.

Didn't Israel have a very large and best equipped army in the Middle East? What are you talking about?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Actually I do owe you an apology on that, I misread the figure.
It's $540 per Israeli citizen, not per US citizen. A big difference indeed.

Still, it's a lot of my tax money going to a country with an awful human rights record.

Egypt gets an load of assistance as well and there human rights records is just as awfull if not worse.
What about Afghanistan?
Should Israel be replaced by a Palestinian state?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Disarming Israel of its nukes will actually intensify violence in the middle east rather than calm it down. Its like having a 90lb weakling roaming in a ghetto full of thugs.

Didn't Israel have a very large and best equipped army in the Middle East? What are you talking about?

Not at the beginning. Israel was severly underequipped. The fact that they became nuclear is what gave them their 'life insurance'.
In war people fight differently when defending their homes. That is what gave Israel their edge at the start. Now it is that plus the fact that the Israeli army is advanced, experienced and relatively large. Incidentally, in terms of Israels Air force hardware they are equivalent to that of Saudi Arabia.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join