It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you had enough yet?...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Why do you guys keep taking about how many people Saddam killed as if that justified the war in Iraq. He gassed his own people, he had executions of the innocent, etc. So did dozens of other dictators in the world. They've done and are doing worse and the hawks and the so-called media aren't saying a word about them.

Why aren't we invading these countries too? Why aren't we liberating countries in Africa where dictators are killing millions RIGHT NOW? Why aren't we liberating Burma? Why aren't we liberating North Korea where the population doesn't have power or running water?

Is it perhaps because they aren't easy pushovers like the Iraqis? Is it because it won't be a quick and easy victory to push up the president's approval ratings and drum up mindless patriotism? Maybe there's no side benefits like...oh....oil?

Anyway, point is. You pro-administration guys (as non-inflammatory of a term as I can think of) can quit talking about how bad Saddam was to his people and how he gassed, tortured, and imprisoned them. He's a pussycat compared to other dictators. You know quite well that had nothing to do with the reasons for this war. And you know damn well you couldn't care less about the Iraqi people.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Great answer Seekerof. If that was in response to my post. Maybe it was because you guys were just...what's the word....OWNED?

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Great answer Seekerof. If that was in response to my post. Maybe it was because you guys were just...what's the word....OWNED?

You don't even have a clue to what "owned" even means!
You think you spilling out what others have stated over and over is "owned"?!
It amounts to no more than "your view" and "my view"...whose right?
Hey, tell ya what....ask Saddam what "owned" means...

Rather pointless as to "conspiracy" reasons to the collapse of Iraq anyhoo, don't ya think.....
I mean, it's fallen!
Grab a tissue.....send Saddam some flowers....send him an apology.....hell, have him over for dinner!
The point is Saddam and his regime is no more...no revival in sight.....never to be in existence again....
You talk about "owned".....sheesh....

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I said you must be owned because I've never gotten an real response (as if one would even be possible) from a Bu#e (so much for non-inflammatory terms) to my question. By that I mean why do you guys cite Saddam's "evilness" as a motive for war when you know very well that it was not. Also why do you pretend that you care about the Iraqi people?

As to Saddam being owned, yeah strongest military in the world vs some poorly armed, poorly paid Iraqis. Bruce Lee vs a toddler. Ooooo.....big victory. Get back to me when ya beat a real enemy.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I said you must be owned because I've never gotten an real response (as if one would even be possible) from a Bu#e (so much for non-inflammatory terms) to my question. By that I mean why do you guys cite Saddam's "evilness" as a motive for war when you know very well that it was not. Also why do you pretend that you care about the Iraqi people?

As to Saddam being owned, yeah strongest military in the world vs some poorly armed, poorly paid Iraqis. Bruce Lee vs a toddler. Ooooo.....big victory. Get back to me when ya beat a real enemy.

We did and have been for many years.......
I really don't care if it was Bruce Lee vs a toddler.....very poor analogy but hey.......the fact is Saddam is NO more....never will happen, never will be again!
The reason for the war are many a varied...even for the term you so used: "Bu#e".....my best speculations would be for you to read or re-read the various threads and you will find my opinions and those of many others.
"Real" response is defined as what? Something you can swallow....feel comfortable with....something in line with your current beliefs and ideas? In your case, as with others, no matter the "real" reason, it won't budge you from believing what you will....will it?!?! So whats the point with all the 'bravado' of still waiting for a "real" response...from a Bu#e.... yeah...ok.....
Wouldn't matter anyhoo...those concrete filled shoes you wearing will keep you anchored in your already formed ideas and opinions...eh?!

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Wouldn't matter anyhoo...those concrete filled shoes you wearing will keep you anchored in your already formed ideas and opinions...eh?!

Yeah like you. Heh.

Already formed ideas and opinions... What does that men? Who doesn't have ideas and opinions? Are you saying you don't? I don't see how that's possible.

But all of this has nothing to do with my question which you've managed to muddle with attempts to analyze my personality or whatever you're doing. You must be an old hand at this. I salute you.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeyer
Unless the Dems can't come up with a viable candidate, I don't see how Bush could get re-elected. Osama and Saddam are still on the run, the economy is still low, the country has a record deficit and high unemployment. Plus as more people become informed the admin's support of the Patriot Act could become a negative as well, and if the "Road Map" steers off course he's screwed. As bad as the Dems are looking for the next election 2004 could be the year of the 3rd Party candidate.

Bush will manufacture a crises and then offer a solution to boost his appeal to the voting public. He will hope that it goes better than the 9-11/invade Afghanistan and Iraq fiasco.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Yeah like you. Heh.

Already formed ideas and opinions... What does that men? Who doesn't have ideas and opinions? Are you saying you don't? I don't see how that's possible.

But all of this has nothing to do with my question which you've managed to muddle with attempts to analyze my personality or whatever you're doing. You must be an old hand at this. I salute you.

Flixx...how many times do I have to defend my position or my opinions?!?! I have probably caught more flak for my beliefs than half of many here.......
Go read past topics and you will see what they are...
What purpose do I see in telling them, again...for the umptenth time.....just for you to counter otherwise!! What is the point!!? You want answers...? GO look in previous threads and you will find them. "Muddle"? Try "cander"....you provoked with the "owned" bit...and you have been currently been getting "owned" since.
Now it's "muddle"? You want my stance...you want answers from Bu#es....go look in the previous threads....this is nothing more than "re-hashing"...for what purpose? Nothing!!!
The result of this war was the removal of Saddam. I don't care to rehash opinions of why, etc. Its over; said and done.....you people crying over spilled milk.....its over, he is gone, regime fallen.....but you still want "real" answers.....sheesh..for what? They are there if you take the time to look for them.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Oh blarrg....

Right. I have nothing better to do that shuffle through pages and pages of crap from months ago. I just post here during the lulls at my job (of which there are alot recently). With all the time you've spent trying to "re-own"
me you could have typed a couple of sentences detailing your view. But I'm tired of reading your drivel and I don't really care anymore. So you win!
Came to this board to read about UFOs, conspiracies, and the paranormal not argue with sheeple, I mean people about politics. Bye.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Oh blarrg....

Right. I have nothing better to do that shuffle through pages and pages of crap from months ago. I just post here during the lulls at my job (of which there are alot recently). With all the time you've spent trying to "re-own"
me you could have typed a couple of sentences detailing your view. But I'm tired of reading your drivel and I don't really care anymore. So you win!
Came to this board to read about UFOs, conspiracies, and the paranormal not argue with sheeple, I mean people about politics. Bye.

Yes, and good day to you.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Why do you guys keep taking about how many people Saddam killed as if that justified the war in Iraq. He gassed his own people, he had executions of the innocent, etc. So did dozens of other dictators in the world. They've done and are doing worse and the hawks and the so-called media aren't saying a word about them.

Why aren't we invading these countries too? Why aren't we liberating countries in Africa where dictators are killing millions RIGHT NOW? Why aren't we liberating Burma? Why aren't we liberating North Korea where the population doesn't have power or running water?

Is it perhaps because they aren't easy pushovers like the Iraqis? Is it because it won't be a quick and easy victory to push up the president's approval ratings and drum up mindless patriotism? Maybe there's no side benefits like...oh....oil?

Anyway, point is. You pro-administration guys (as non-inflammatory of a term as I can think of) can quit talking about how bad Saddam was to his people and how he gassed, tortured, and imprisoned them. He's a pussycat compared to other dictators. You know quite well that had nothing to do with the reasons for this war. And you know damn well you couldn't care less about the Iraqi people.

Flinx

Fair questions all.

Will the US go to Africa or not? What is the risk - financial and military? Yes, there is a military and security risk.

I agree with most of your sentiments, but the motives behind the war, which are publicly known by few, are more than WMDs and removing tyranny, more than oil and illegal war profits, more than patriot-stirring, and less than a war on terrorism.

If I am a 'foreigner' with an interest in world affairs reading the types of arguments presented in response to you (not just here), and then I assume that the majority of Americans think that way, then I feel real pity for the America of today and the future.

Denial, dismissals, cliches, taunts and insults. And no substance at all.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

I like the way you stand your ground. My first time reading this thread...interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join