It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Seekerof
EastCoastKid and your sidekick, mrmulder, question:
Are the both of you factually advocating/predicting that the US and Bush will go to war with Iran over oil based on your sourcings from truthout.org and other like sites?
You know, just using a bit of common sense and all, why Iran? If the US and Bush are seeking merely OIL then why not go to war with Kuwait, Canada, Venezuela, Jordan, and a few other places that would be ummmm, easier prey?
Personally and subjectively, your pushing an agenda fed from the alternative sourcings you use. How so? Well as military person as you, please provide some credible sourcing to verify this statement:
As the United States gears up for an attack on Iran...
Please show me where we are "gearing up" for war, k?
Your article quotes a 2003 statement made by Bush. Umm, its 2005, ECK. As such, both the US and Israel have publically ruled out attacking Iran.
Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Originally posted by Seekerof
As for the possibility of the U.S. (or Israel) invading Iran, one of the best available sources is former weapons inspector and Gulf War vet Scott Ritter.
Ritter is one person who has come out on the record as saying plans are in the works for an attack on Iran in June. That's not to say that is a certainty. There are always plans and things change. BushCo. may well decide to hold off. Israel may not like that and go ahead with their own plans to strike targets. That would not be good.
Blaming anything on Big OIl is ridiculous. There are 26 million Americans who own STOCK in big oil. follow the money. not the propaganda. Using the words BIG OIL as a scapegoat is what keeps the sheeple right where Congress and shareholders want them. confused and panicky.
Looks like Israel is going for Iran now.... I'm not saying it has ANYTHING TO DO WITH OIL- but if Iran can't have nuclear power or nuclear weapons- how can they defend their oil against those who do???? In any case no matter what country does war on another, the results HERE in the homeland will probably be this.......
We are witnessing government response to Peak Oil now. Earlier responses will includes only measures which protect the financial elites and major corporations. They include:
1. Rationing -(not yet)
2. More Coal and Nuclear – Emphasis on Fisher-Tropsch Coal-to-Liquids Conversion. (done)
3. Suspended Environmental and Drilling Restrictions (done)
4. Protection of Critical Infrastructure
5. Strengthening and Reinforcing Domestic Military Operations – Suspension of Posse Comitatus (patriot actIII)
6. Suspension and Relaxation of Labor and Minimum Wage Laws. (done)
7. Changing and Tightening the Bankruptcy Laws Allowing Fewer Distressed Consumers to Discharge Debts. (done)
8. Allowing and Facilitating Population Reduction through Famine and Disease.
9. Strengthening and Giving More Power to FEMA. (federal emergency military agency) Patriot Act III
10. Destroying Demand Through Economic Collapse and Allocating Scarce Resources – by Force if Necessary – to Protect the Interests of the Wealthiest Communities and Interests in the Country.
Good night, and Good Luck!