It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil, Geopolitics and the Coming War with Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
EastCoastKid and your sidekick, mrmulder, question:
Are the both of you factually advocating/predicting that the US and Bush will go to war with Iran over oil based on your sourcings from truthout.org and other like sites?

Sidekick?
mrmulder is a friend and fellow traveler. The sarcasm implied is truly unecessary, if not unbecoming. He deserves a little more respect than that, especially coming from a moderator.

Based on your next comment, you reveal you are either (a)unfamiliar with what is presented at truthout.org, and not qualified to judge it or (b) you want to divert people from seeing what is there. Why exactly is that? Shouldn't the people read all of the available information to be able to make the most informed judgement? I would think you could agree with that. I'll say it one more time (for those who are unaware of its content), it is a NEWS/ANALYSIS COMPENDIUM SITE. It pulls from a multitude of sources, mostly mainstream.

This tactic of propaganda, trying to discredit sources is getting old. You might wanna try a different method.

As for the possibility of the U.S. (or Israel) invading Iran, one of the best available sources is former weapons inspector and Gulf War vet Scott Ritter. He's spoken out in many forums and in many publications. From the late '90's to the invasion of Iraq, he was dead on in his assessment of where Iraq was with regard to WMD. Remember, those phantom weapons you so strenuously argued Saddam had in his possession?
Perhaps you should find new and better sources. Like truthout.org.
That is, if in fact, you're interested in knowing the truth. Perhaps you're more interested in pushing the bu# NeoCon agenda?

Ritter is one person who has come out on the record as saying plans are in the works for an attack on Iran in June. That's not to say that is a certainty. There are always plans and things change. BushCo. may well decide to hold off. Israel may not like that and go ahead with their own plans to strike targets. That would not be good.

You know, just using a bit of common sense and all, why Iran? If the US and Bush are seeking merely OIL then why not go to war with Kuwait, Canada, Venezuela, Jordan, and a few other places that would be ummmm, easier prey?

You know as well as I do that we don't need to invade Kuwait, Jordan or Saudi Arabia.. they have sold their souls to big oil (perhaps minus Jordan). And Canada? Where'd that come from? Some kind of whacked out, Ann Coulter-inspired NeoCon wet dream? The last time I checked, they are one of our greatest allies and trading partners.
As for Venezuela.. do you deny the Bush adminstration's continued involvement in trying to destabilize and overthrow the Chavez government (b/c his policies look out for Venezuela b4 U.S. oil interests)? I don't think you can deny that. You're smarter than that.

Personally and subjectively, your pushing an agenda fed from the alternative sourcings you use. How so? Well as military person as you, please provide some credible sourcing to verify this statement:

As the United States gears up for an attack on Iran...

Please show me where we are "gearing up" for war, k?

As many here will attest, no source I give is acceptable to you; therefore, that claim is invalid on the face of it. You know that.

Your article quotes a 2003 statement made by Bush. Umm, its 2005, ECK. As such, both the US and Israel have publically ruled out attacking Iran.

You're gonna havta back that assertion up with some good sourcing of your own. I do not believe you can. Besides, it really doesn't matter. Bush is about as coherent as my drunk friend in the morning. He doesn't even understand what he sez most the time.
It's also important to note, up until the eve of the invasion of Iraq, BushCo. claimed they were seeking any and all non-military solutions to disarm Saddam, without an invasion. And we all know what a load of bu# that was!

Here's the thing. Iran=lotsa oil/natural gas + OPEC clout. BushCo. needs to control OPEC like never before. I don't care for the Mullahs any more than the NeoCons do; my grievances with them are just as deep; but, there are much wiser ways of dealing with the situation. The whole Iraq fiasco proves beyond a shadow of a doubt the NeoCons don't have a clue when it comes to foreign policy and covert and overt warfare.

BushCo.'s strategy with regard to the middle east is only making things more dangerous.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by Seekerof

As for the possibility of the U.S. (or Israel) invading Iran, one of the best available sources is former weapons inspector and Gulf War vet Scott Ritter.

Ritter is one person who has come out on the record as saying plans are in the works for an attack on Iran in June. That's not to say that is a certainty. There are always plans and things change. BushCo. may well decide to hold off. Israel may not like that and go ahead with their own plans to strike targets. That would not be good.

Blaming anything on Big OIl is ridiculous. There are 26 million Americans who own STOCK in big oil. follow the money. not the propaganda. Using the words BIG OIL as a scapegoat is what keeps the sheeple right where Congress and shareholders want them. confused and panicky.

Looks like Israel is going for Iran now.... I'm not saying it has ANYTHING TO DO WITH OIL- but if Iran can't have nuclear power or nuclear weapons- how can they defend their oil against those who do???? In any case no matter what country does war on another, the results HERE in the homeland will probably be this.......

We are witnessing government response to Peak Oil now. Earlier responses will includes only measures which protect the financial elites and major corporations. They include:

1. Rationing -(not yet)
2. More Coal and Nuclear – Emphasis on Fisher-Tropsch Coal-to-Liquids Conversion. (done)
3. Suspended Environmental and Drilling Restrictions (done)
4. Protection of Critical Infrastructure
5. Strengthening and Reinforcing Domestic Military Operations – Suspension of Posse Comitatus (patriot actIII)
6. Suspension and Relaxation of Labor and Minimum Wage Laws. (done)
7. Changing and Tightening the Bankruptcy Laws Allowing Fewer Distressed Consumers to Discharge Debts. (done)
8. Allowing and Facilitating Population Reduction through Famine and Disease.
9. Strengthening and Giving More Power to FEMA. (federal emergency military agency) Patriot Act III
10. Destroying Demand Through Economic Collapse and Allocating Scarce Resources – by Force if Necessary – to Protect the Interests of the Wealthiest Communities and Interests in the Country.

Good night, and Good Luck!

<< 1   >>

join