It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More US troops questioning Iraq duty

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I am not against the people in the war (far from it) but I opose the war itself!!!! Is that clear enough.

What I am getting at is this war is not a war at all, it is a couple hundred thousand angry americans (among others) going to murder innocent people that have nothing to do with Afghanistan, Al-Q etc. etc. and they posed no significant threat to ANY nation of the world. This invasion is VERY VERY questionable.

And when Michael moore tried to get senators sons/daughters to join the army guess what happened they listened then they ran inside they're big fortress of capital hill.

Ok so like you say, you sign yourself to the devil. Well I DEF. would not be one of these people, don't get me wrong we need an army but to attack another "Defenseless" country and that only 20-30% of the country have weapons. While we hit Iraq with everything we got even depleted uranium missiles.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Theres always cry-babies in the ranks. We used to give them "blanket parties" when I served, but now I guess we have to be more compassionate to them. This sissy should be beaten within an inch of his life.

Soldiers should not question our countries foreign policy, its not our place to do so. We're there to follow orders and engage our enemies.

That all.

Maximu§

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I relise questioning the war wich your fighting is wrong and will demorilse troops and yourself but one has to ask, shouldnt they have the freedom to do so?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
"Soldiers should not question our countries foreign policy, its not our place to do so. We're there to follow orders and engage our enemies."

That sounds very similar to what was said at Nuremberg in defense of the Nazis and their foreign policy.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Exiled One

"Soldiers should not question our countries foreign policy, its not our place to do so. We're there to follow orders and engage our enemies."

That sounds very similar to what was said at Nuremberg in defense of the Nazis and their foreign policy.

I couldn't have said it better myself. We ARE human beings as human beings we should look after ourselves and each other.

Soldiers should not question the powers that be. This is just human programming at its worst, Kill without compassion. You should ALWAYS question motives and especially the people that want to send you to war with a country that poses no thread to you as people.

The army sounds like the perfect place for a bully. Pick on the scrawny ones and beat 'em to within an inch of their life, I really hope you were joking as when your all alone and have nobody because you bullied them too much, maybe you will be the one that is picked on as a billy-no-mates.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11

3 out of 30 people were armed in their unit? Now that is pathetic! Only 10% of the soldiers were able to defend themselves with guns? Really weird...

Umm, might wanna re-read that...

Think he means, that out of the 30 people his unit killed, only 3 of those "bad guys" were armed.

[edit on 14-4-2005 by C0le]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth who refuse military service"
- Albert Einstein

"you destroy their country and charge them to have it rebuilt"

So true, they destroyed serbia, and sided with islamic rebels kosvars, now they are fighting them 10 years later. The whole serbian war was about control of serbia, not about kosvar's.

I suspect this guy go his information from the internet and finally woke up about this captilistic, illumanti government.

[edit on 14-4-2005 by TheTruth123]

[edit on 14-4-2005 by TheTruth123]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Theres always cry-babies in the ranks. We used to give them "blanket parties" when I served, but now I guess we have to be more compassionate to them. This sissy should be beaten within an inch of his life.

Soldiers should not question our countries foreign policy, its not our place to do so. We're there to follow orders and engage our enemies.

That all.

You mean; you the "good marines" tied the poor guy up - most of the time with a blanket over him - and then hit him with soap in a stocking? Nice. Very effective to inject Fear in the already confused head. These kind of people then tend to be sucidial - or worse; these "blanky parties" tend to get so violent sometimes, that the subject of this party end up dead. But then again, he needs to be, and I quote beaten within an inch of his life!

Yes, thats the way to solve problems - with Fear and Pain.

Keep them afraid and the will Obey!

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
LA_Maximus:

This sissy should be beaten within an inch of his life.

That all.

You would make an excellent Nazi, if there are any FBI watching this site for any reason, they ought to be setting up wiretaps on your phones right now if they are smart.

Should insurgents "just follow orders"?

What about a car bomber? Isn't he just in fact unquestioningly following orders?

"Abdullah, go kill some Americans"
"Why"
"Don't ask, just do!"
"Ok"

Is this somehow heroic?

Your brand of heroism is my brand of cowardice.

jako

ps. I notice you suggest he be beaten. Guess who also did this? Think 1939, Europe. You would have fit in marvelously.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
LA_Maximus:

This sissy should be beaten within an inch of his life.

That all.

You would make an excellent Nazi, if there are any FBI watching this site for any reason, they ought to be setting up wiretaps on your phones right now if they are smart.

Should insurgents "just follow orders"?

What about a car bomber? Isn't he just in fact unquestioningly following orders?

"Abdullah, go kill some Americans"
"Why"
"Don't ask, just do!"
"Ok"

Is this somehow heroic?

Your brand of heroism is my brand of cowardice.

jako

ps. I notice you suggest he be beaten. Guess who also did this? Think 1939, Europe. You would have fit in marvelously.

Calling me a Nazi now are you Jakomo? Thats the party line that most Liberals fall back on when their arguments run outta gas. I was a soldier....were you? Do you know what goes on in a platoon of front line soldiers?

No?? Allow me to educate you.

1) We don't like complainers, they get beat up in the field and in the barracks. If they keep complaining...it gets worse. Thats just the way it goes.

2) We don't question "why" we're doing what we do, because it hurts morale. Most of us are already Homesick and B***hing about our foriegn policies sure does not help the situation. We do what we're ordered to do (within reason) and try to make a good impression at the foreign country your serving in.

I hope you put your hatred for me away for a minute and try...really try and read what I posted here right now.

Maximu§

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Please play nice boys, no snide comments and personal attacks.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
LA_Maximus: Despite the fact I appear to have been given a warning from a Mod in my mail for this thread, I stand behind it.

We don't question "why" we're doing what we do, because it hurts morale. Most of us are already Homesick and B***hing about our foriegn policies sure does not help the situation. We do what we're ordered to do (within reason) and try to make a good impression at the foreign country your serving in.

It's the (within reason) part that I am talking about.

What about those German soldiers in WWII who lined up in firing squads to fire bullets into the bodies of Jewish civilians, gypsies, and the mentally challenged? Is that within reason?

If your CO tells you to do something morally reprehensible and you do it because you are "only following orders" it makes you a coward and a morally reprehensible person yourself.

No exceptions, sorry.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It is not ok for any service personel to desert their country for any reason, they should never have signed up they were not prepared to take orders. Just cowards looking for an easy way out.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
this is a load of bull. US troops are proud of their service. Your one and only source is aljerza, the most anti american network on air. No one should believe such bull.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join