It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about The Necronomicon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
There have been over several Necronomicon's in print, one of the most Famous is available online.

Pretty much anyone can make one, in fact, if you are a Cthulhu Cultist, or a Deep One, it is much encouraged to create several Necronomicons to throw investigators off your trail, be sure to include really nasty summoning spells in all the wrong places.

I believe the first story that mentions the book is "The Dunwhich Horror"
For anyone seeking to more of the Lovecraft experience, your local video store will most likely have several movies based on his works, and many more inspired by his works. The list is humongous.
Seriously, a new one is coming out soon: "Beyond the Wals of Sleep"

Or you can stay up all night reading HP LOVECRAFT LIBRARY, be sure and make a 1d6 Sanity roll per story. His works are in the public domain but the "mythos" is owned by someone now, el sucko!

Lovecraft's works are available in known form of publishing, there are even plush toys of his gods to snuggle up with on a cold Apocalyptic Knight.

Enoch is an entirely other topic, although the Enochian Magick of John Dee, is about as close to a good Necronomicon as one gets, a good source of material if you are going to build your own book of ancient knowledge.

[edit on 26-4-2005 by Legalizer]

[edit on 26-4-2005 by Legalizer]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
www.fantasticfiction.co.uk...

That is a complete list of Lovecraft's works. There isn't any 'necronomicon' among them, which surprised me, since I've also heard he wrote it, or at least one version of it.

(slightly off topic, now) BTW, fantasticfiction is a *fantastic* website for fiction books, any author who is anybody is listed there with all their books.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
www.geocities.com...

Dan Clore is a researcher, and gets to the heart of questions concerning the Necronomicon.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I have read some of the Necronomicon, it was so poorly written I couldn't continue reading it, so I decided to get rid of it, besides it felt eerie. Well I did, had a near fatal car accident the next day... Coincidence, maybe.

The Book of Enoch is indeed a book from the Apocrypha, as is the Book of Tobit which details the stories of Tobias and his relationship with archangel, Rafael. Both were removed from religion because they both empower man with the knowledge that we can indeed call upon the archangels, which would in fact take power away from prayer at church, paying tithes to the church, and it would give us a purpose more than just mere sheep powerless in a world of evil.

I am still looking into the Enochian Language. The Keys to Solomon outlines some of the things King Solomon did with the language, the sigils, amulets, etc...

Dee and Kelly say it was archangel Rafael, who is said to have closest relationship to humans, who delivered the language to them. The same occurences must have occured to Tobias, thus causing for the "Book of Tobias". I believe his book was removed around the year 745 AD

There is really no absolute truth but the truth you feel within yourself. I believe doubt is the father of truth, and the belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unknowledge.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I'm sure some of you must have seen Sam Raimi's Evil Dead trilogy.Cult classic movies now and Raimi is now currently doing a remake of the original 1980 Evil dead with Bruce Campbell back as "Ash"Was a really funny but gorry film based on the book of the dead"Necronomicon" saying words from the book would raise the dead posessed by evil Demons.The same idea in "The Mummy" and I saw the HP Lovecraft movie based on his Necronomicon book,was a spooky movie too.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The Necronomicon is a quoted in some of Lovecraft's works, but he actually never wrote it, though some people goes far and say he knew about Crowley and Dee, by the name of the dreaded tome, some authors published grimoires that contained more or less of the "Chtulhu feel" on them (like when humans have no chance).

Simon's is a mix of sumer/Babylonian with the mythos taken from Lovecraft's works, though it doesn't really feel that much Lovecraftian, it is quite dangerous to work with, specially because those ancient Gods, language, spells and stuff (sumer) is really bad researched and could use some more work... But it works nonetheless, but I would prefer going with the Goetia, its older

en.wikipedia.org...

The Necro by Simon shouldn't be that hard to find XP

I'm trying to find the others, I heard there was one that was more loyal to Lovecraft's stories, and quite possibly its dreader = more fun

[edit on 23-2-2007 by Raziel89]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I found a PDF version of the Necronomicon on my computer. It doesn't seem to have an author. It's 147 pages long.

The first 20 pages or so compare the works of Lovecraft, Crowley, and ancient Sumarian texts. The rest of it is a compilation of ancient texts such as "The Text of Urilia" (The book of the worm), etc. As well as lots of spells and sigils thrown in for good measure.

The last paragraph of the book:

The stars grow dim in their places, and the Moon pales before me, as though a Veil were blown across its flame. Dog-faced demons approach the circumference of my sanctuary. Strange lines appear carved on my door and walls, and the light from the windows grows increasing dim.

A wind has risen. The Dark Waters stir. This is the Book of the Servants of the Gods.

Doesn't sound like something you want to mess around with.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
Hey guys,

Ive heard of the necronomicon before and have always wondered what it is about..... the history of where and who it came from and what it contains...that kind of stuff. Someone on here said it contains some really eery stuff which i kinda gathered already. Im not intrested in being involved in anything that has to do with it since im christian but i just really like learning about things. So if anyone can tell me their thoughts, views knowledge about The Necronomicon i'd really appreciate it.

Kind Regards,
Digital Grl

the necronomican if im not mistaken was writen by an arabic prophet that was given visions by an angel that was nether good or evil and that had nothing to do with a good god nor a evil satan. this angel told him that the information that it was going to give him was to much for a human to comprehend and that and the end of writing these visions the prophet would die. now it is said thatanyone that tries to read the orrigianal copy that their eyes will explode.

the necronomican reportedly states how to control anything and everything, but also says how the world will end, what the meaning of life is, where you go when you die, etc.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Do you know who Lam is?

All I know of him is apparently he appeared before Adolf Hitler.

Interesting about this book. I have a copy buried in my shed somewhere that I have never read...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Simon's necronomicon is a bit of a joke around the Lovecraft community. If one really wanted to learn about the fact behind the necronomicon a good place to start would be "necronomiCON", It's a semi-annual convetntion dedicated to the study of Lovecraft the fact and myth behind his work (shouldn't be confused with the science fiction convention of the same name).

The reason people want to believe Lovecraft so desperately was simply because he was one of the best horror writers of all time. He understood it perfectly. He knew how to be terrifying without being unrealistic, even when he's talking about elder things and giant unspeakable eldritch horrors at the bottom of the seas.

If something Lovecraft wrote about was real I'd say the bloop is the best evidence
www.bloopwatch.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DigitalGrl

I would say read the Key of Solomon also.
It contains spells and majick and is a great read.

More info and some free ebooks can be found

HERE

[edit on 10/9/08 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
it was said that the original necronomicon was burned a long time ago and the actual method to raising the dead was lost

top topics

<< 1   >>

join