It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reverse Debate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
OK, I think that this could work out to be very fun and very informative.
Here are the rules:
This is an open debate, anyone can join. HOWEVER, you have to argue the side that you are against. For instance we all know Colonel is completely anti-Bush. Therefore any argument he poses must be in favor of Bush, and telling us why he is not a crook.
This could eventually get us some very good information, because with people trying to prove a point they are against requires them to do research.
It will take facts to win. The fuel for the debate will be the will to learn, since you will be against what you normally believe.
P.S. Don't try pulling any fast ones by going for the side you believe in. If you have been here any time at all we know which side you would go with.
P.S.S. There can be more than one debate going on at a time and they do not have to be political. For instance if Illmatic wanted to argue that ancient Egyptions were white then he could as we all know he is completely against that.(Sorry Illmatic your name was the first that popped in my head).

Ok guys, the floor is open!

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
How are you supposed to debate in favor of something you don't believe in? More, importantly, WHY?

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The only white Egyptians you see are on TV.

There, that's my whole debate.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hey guys, just for the record, we are putting together a "Grudge Match" debate subforum for those who are rather passionate about issues, and who have a favorite arch nemesis with whom they would like to hash it out.

Still working on details, will make an announcement when we get it set up.

Everyone, please find your favorite adversary and think on topics...

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Illmatic -

Stylish.

Banished -

I'm not a participant if I am foremost against corruption and stupidity, unless I am forced to make corrupt and stupid statements... maybe that is a thought.

But I would suggest firing this over to dragonrider who looks after the Debate Forum, and ensuring it will conform in measure to the established ATS Debate Rules.

[Edited on 23-7-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
The only white Egyptians you see are on TV.

There, that's my whole debate.

....whew...!

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
How are you supposed to debate in favor of something you don't believe in? More, importantly, WHY?

The answer to your first question is research, find points that prove your side. As to why, in order to win your side, you have to research, upon doing this research you may uncover conspiracies that have not been found. Most people that discover conspiracies are looking for something they believe in, now imagine researching without having your emotion get in the way.

P.S. Illmatic, just used you as an example because of your posts I have read.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Yet again, a Moderator chimes in and starts talking over the top of me when I am talking about referring this to dragonrider.

J/K

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Sorry, should have ran it past Dragonrider first. So Dragonrider what do you think?

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banished
P.S. Illmatic, just used you as an example because of your posts I have read.

It's cool with me, dude.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I dont have the forum set up in the Fight Club yet, and have been after William to set me up with code to run it (still havent been granted those powers yet). However, if we have 2 willing participants and we can have a decent debate without interruptions from outside parties (I dont have the power to restrict a thread to just the participants yet), I have no problem with it.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
What can you do dragon?

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I like the idea of Grudge Debates, because it affords two posters the chance to slap the $hit out of the other ones' ego. As for the reverse debate, i still don't see its validity in pursuit of achieving anything. As far as uncovering conspiracies, i think they've all been reviewed in these boards

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
What can you do dragon?

Normal mod stuff. Warn/applaude posters, edit/move/delete threads, ect.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I think it's awesome idea...

It'll leave room on the Conspiracy related forums for Conspiracy related threads.

No more of this polical and religious hammering.

Amen...

Thumbs up dr.

Good Luck,
Tassadar

[Edited on 23-7-2003 by Tassadar]

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Banished

I hope you are not banished and you can take an active part in the debates too.

What was it that gave you the exile sentiments/motivation?

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Banished

I hope you are not banished and you can take an active part in the debates too.

What was it that gave you the exile sentiments/motivation?

Sorry MaskedAvatar, I missed your post or I would have replied earlier. To answer your question, no I have never been banned nor warned. I took this name because of my feelings towards society, since I can't banish them all I banish myself. As for the debate, I'll be glad to join.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   

As I believe it is stated in the debate intros... It is a sign of a true debater, when he can argue a side which he himself does not believe. You see, it is a reflection of debating skill, not a reflection of the issue. A skilled debater needs to be fluent in BOTH sides of the issue, to be effective, otherwise, you'll be caught off guard, and be unable to counter it...

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Unfortunately I don't have a nemesis on this board. Altough Thomas Crowne is a f**king idiot, he really boils my blood sometimes.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   
JN

Interesting ambiguity.

It reads as though TC is what you say he is (in the most friendly fashion), and in spite of that, he still boils your blood.

'Although' I suspect that's not what you meant.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join