It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow - I'm new and ATS is overwhelming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hello everyone (or at least the four people who wander by this post because they clicked in the wrong spot)!

I'm stunned -- stunned, I say -- that I haven't found ATS previously.

I love conspiracy theories, alternative versions of history, and anything that has to do with the "usual suspects" (e.g. the Masons, the Templars, the Illuminati, the Cathars, etc.). Frankly, I do hope someone is running everything because at least then there would be a plan -- as opposed to the entirely random stupidity that in my darker moments I suspect actually explains most of history. I read Holy Blood, Holy Grail years and years before Dan Brown figured out how to make a killing on it.

I am a member of one secret organization -- no, I'm not saying what it is. It's a secret. And I'm a member of another (and various parts of it) that other people might see as a secret society, but isn't. And, no, I'm not a Mason (that should make guessing more fun, no?).

I'm glad I've finally found a place where everyone agrees on everything and consensus is rapidly reached on every topic. What? That's not what ATS is like? What a huge suprise!

See you inside all those big, scary boards.

-- Driley
-- I am the Unknown Superior that They told you to obey.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hi driley, welcome to ATS!

I hope you glean something valuable to you and contribute to the community.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Zedd's handbook Try this out it may help you a little or alot.

Welcome and enjoy your long stay here at the great ATS!

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Nice intro driley, and welcome to ATS. I think you'll like it here.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by driley
I am a member of one secret organization -- no, I'm not saying what it is. It's a secret. And I'm a member of another (and various parts of it) that other people might see as a secret society, but isn't. And, no, I'm not a Mason (that should make guessing more fun, no?).
*snip*
I'm glad I've finally found a place where everyone agrees on everything and consensus is rapidly reached on every topic. What? That's not what ATS is like? What a huge suprise!

Welcome, driley. A member of a secret society who also has a sense of humor

It must be the end time

Here
is a hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have about stuff on ATS

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me, or any other staff member.

Also, for avatar info, here are kinglizard's avatar instructions

Also, here's a great link to help you organize your favorite forums. It will also keep threads you post in as favorites: www.abovetopsecret.com...
This link is also up at the top as myATS

And, don't forget to check out PTS and BTS. You can log in to these other two forums with your ATS login information.

Have a good time here

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Thank you very much for the welcome and, more especially, for the pointers to helpful information.

I begin to see why this place is so popular (and, hence, so huge). It isn't just a collection of wonderful topics. It's a collection of great people.

Oh, okay, and a few trolls. (I've wandered through the forums, can you tell?) But mostly, great people.

Again, many thanks.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Yes.........your brain will be absorb to the point of not return this place will take your soul away.

Have fun and welcome.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Heh, it certainly can be at times, no? That's why there's lots of forums, it can narrow your focus if need be. Also, and only use this rarely, you CAN signoff. Insane, I know, it's a brand new feature.

If you've any questions, u2u any mod (myself included) but I suggest the above reading if you wanna stay in one piece.

Also, a handy tool:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hi Driley,
Do not be overwhelmed lol....we are just a bunch of 'hearts & flowers' pussycats anyway!
Welcome to the ATS boards

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS,

If you feel you have any questions visit my thread
Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Below is A hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have, ie, what are points ect....
ATS hand book

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me

You will find your u2u's in the member center

and also there is a message when you recieve a u2u

also need help getting your avatar up (or pic in your profile) check out this link

Want to post a pic in your thread.
how to post a pic on a thread

Asala

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hey, look! Nice shiny pics in threads.

That's pretty dang nifty.

Thanks for the hints and tips. It's obvious this place has more useful code than Bill Gates.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by driley
Thanks for the hints and tips. It's obvious this place has more useful code than Bill Gates.

Yeah, but so does tic-tac-toe.

Tic-tac-toe never crashes...

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Yeah, but so does tic-tac-toe.

No, no. You see, Gates has a tremendous amount of useful code. He just doesn't sell it to us.

It's a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS driley!

There is lots of information and discussion here on many topics.

Take some time to look around and familiarize yourself with all of the boards including ATS for alternative and conspiracy related discussion; BTS for lighter subjects and chit chat; PTS for political discussion; and our very own news portal ATSNN.

Each board has several forums with it’s own assigned moderators. Whether your just reading or want to jump right in, we only ask that you follow the site's terms and conditions.

If you have any questions you can check these handy resources:

Zedd’s Handbook of ATS Links
The Frequently Asked Questions page
And my very own: Answers to FAQs not in the FAQ page

Also very handy is the search feature (on the tab menu just bellow the banner at the top of every page) to make sure you are not double posting something already being discussed.

If you still have questions, don’t hesitate to U2U a moderator anytime. There is always somebody online and you don’t need a minimum of points or posts.

Have fun and see you around the boards!

Now I dare you to tear yourself away from your computer!

new topics

top topics

join