It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Hip Hop - British Hip Hop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Do we have any fans of good hip hop? When I say good I mean the likes of;

-Necro
-Ill Bill
-Non-Phixion
-Jedi Mind Tricks
-Pharcyde
-Sage Francis

And is anyone into any British hip hop such as;

-Taskforce
-Braintask
-Jehst

They're all amazing (IMO), check out any Jedi Mind Tricks stuff, amazing.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
What era are we talking about here? Modern or Old School?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Modern. Pharcyde is old school the rest have been around for last 5-10 years.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
All Hiphop is good hiphop.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
All Hiphop is good hiphop.

Indeed. Gets on my nerves a bit when you have 4 minutes of 'F*** you' 'Look at my big gun' 'I'm gonna shoot you' 'Man I'm a bad boy'....

hmph.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

phixion:Indeed. Gets on my nerves a bit when you have 4 minutes of 'F*** you' 'Look at my big gun' 'I'm gonna shoot you' 'Man I'm a bad boy'....

hmph.

Sometimes I almost wish I didn't understand English when listening to hip-hop. The production of alot of popular hip-hop is sooo good and I love the beats, then comes the lyrics with a great flow but lacking anything intelligent to say. It seems I enjoy it better when I don't pay attention to the lyrics.
Except for that song where it talks about not needing 22 inch spinner rims, about how it's ok to have a decent paying job without sipping on Crystal, how you don't need ice'd out hubcaps hanging from your neck and a tee-shirt that looks like a nightgown, how it's empowering learning how to speak proper, and how if someone steps on your new sneakers you don't need to pull out your gat and blow their back away. Oh, wait... that song didn't come out yet. I'm sure there is hip-hop out there with stuff like that to say, it's just too bad it not #1 on the charts and inspiring more people.

On another note, I heard Will Smith's new album is pretty good if you don't want the typical gangsta stuff. I haven't listened to it yet, but a friend of mine just bought it and said it's pretty good. He even covers the content in alot of other hip-hop and rags on them a bit.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I do like UK Hip Hop, and imho, it is far superior to US Hip Hop. My fave UK artists are Ruff Squad. They also do Grime, and their tunes are outstanding.

My three fave Ruff Squad tunes in particular are Heat, Future and 1999.

I also like what I have heard of Jehst, Roots Manuva, and Blak Twang.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Want some good hip hop?

Check out -

Taskforce
Braintax
Jehst
Non-Phixion
Necro
Ill Bill

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Let me let you guys in on little secret........ALL HIP-HOP SUCKS NOW! It's not original anymore. It's all the same WHACK beats and all the video's have all the same WHACK dance moves. So it's totally WHACK!!!!!!

Good hip-hop: N.W.A.
Geto Boys
Beastie Boys
Run DMC
Public Enemy

Old School baby!

Peace

[edit on 26-4-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Let me let you guys in on little secret........ALL HIP-HOP SUCKS NOW! It's not original anymore. It's all the same WHACK beats and all the video's have all the same WHACK dance moves. So it's totally WHACK!!!!!!

Good hip-hop: N.W.A.
Geto Boys
Beastie Boys
Run DMC
Public Enemy

Old School baby!

Peace

[edit on 26-4-2005 by Dr Love]

I think your talking about 'commercial' hip hop. Check out some underground stuff and you may think differently...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
i have all jedi mind
some outer space
all dead prez
all cannibus
and some immortal techniwue and i listen to a lot of 90s westcoast rap and some of the real 90s eastcoasters

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Methinks "real" British hip hop is trip hop.

Massive Attack
Tricky
Nicolette
Martina etc etc etc

Throw in a Portishead and even a Lamb if you must.

top topics

join