It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sportztawk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I was just wondering if www.sportztawk.com... was owned and run by ATS? The same layout just made me think it maybe...

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I believe there's a family connection between the owner of SportzTawk and SO....

Awesome site - I've been neglecting my account HEAVILY and need to return - Lots of great viewpoints on the "wide world of sports" there!

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Jah.

It's a kind of sister site. Cousin, maybe. Your account doesn't carry over, and it is technically separate, but the design is pretty much identical, and a number of the members are the same (ocelot, proudamerica, etc.). I've been directed there a few times, but it's not my thang. From what I hear about it though it's great. The soccer teams look great.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
*Canadian pissed that there isn't any hockey to talk about*

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Not so sure about owned, but there is a connection, yes.

The ultimate sport site, I had a profile there with Dan "The Beast" Severn as avatar. Probably the only troll (Yooper slang for those born in Lower pen. and lower), I would think for a second on before going toe to toe with.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Yes it's a very impressive site which covers so much. A bit like ATS I guess

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The site belongs to SO's son "Ben". If you enjoy sports, go there. SO has really fixed the place up, has a lot of cool features.

-J

[edit on 4-12-2005 by theshadowknows]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I've spent quite a bit of time over there, I must say I enjoy it.

PO'd Canadians aside...

Enron, what's your member name over there?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Yup I hear that! ......... When it/if it gets going again I'll be on there supportin' the Blue and White

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Great site! I go there frequently during the football season to get tips on my fantasy lineup. It's also nice for those that are big fans of soccer as there is a good amount of info available there.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Susquehanna
Enron, what's your member name over there?

Chief Osceola

....Go Seminoles!

You know...It's funny....When I sit back and compare my experiences here and there....

A.) I've never changed my avatar over there b/c it has the most wonderful example of how the letters F, S and U can be prominently displayed on a woman's rear-end

....AND...

B.) Of my insignificant number of posts there, one of them was actually published in a sports column! Unfortunately it was one that degraded our soon-to-be ex-quarterback's ( ) football skills to the likeness of a baboon doing back flips in the Icecapades.....

I remember I started a thread soon after asking how much material we have here at ATS has been published elsewhere.....I was shocked at how much has been filtered down through the web!

Alas, I digress……

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
I was just wondering if www.sportztawk.com... was owned and run by ATS? The same layout just made me think it maybe...

As TSK said it's owned by SkepticOverlords son (Ben). They created it a little over 2 years ago now and slowly we have built up a decent, knowledgable core of regular posters. A few of us first joined, Myself, ProudAmerican, Ocelot, AegisFang, Nyeff.. Followed by a few more ATS'ers who have all stuck around.

The board had a facelift a little while back, more forums added, colour scheme and lots of other features SkepticOverlord and Ben added. In more recent times more ATS/BTS members have been making there way there and popping on every day.

I managed to get a few writers to do articles for the news site www.sportznewz.com who contribute on a weekly basis. Plus we have done some interviews, online chats with a Pro UK Boxer which may result in sportztawk sponsoring him in his upcomming fights.

We do all the fantasy sports on there and they are getting real popular. In some of the upcomming ones were going to have to start running 2 or maybe three leagues. A big jump from our first ever one (fantasy baseball) where there was only four of us doing it...

TRD

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
As TRD mentioned, if you're into fantasy sports, it's a great place to hang out, there are at least 4 different games going on right now...

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
SportzTawk is by far the best Sports forum on the net. I am an active member there under the SN GiantsFan and avidly visit the site for both fantasy sports and regular chat. I'm currently doing their fantasy NASCAR, Baseball, and Basketball. I'm 2nd in both Baseball and Basketball and won our ESPN fantasy Football.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

You can't say "pissed".

Think about it. What if I got pissed that you said "pissed"? Would you be pissed that I was pissed over the "pissed?"

At the end of the day, men must keep their piss to themselves, else the world would be a whole lot saltier, resulting in more water consumption, hence resulting in more piss.

And so the cycle continues.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
SportzTawk is by far the best Sports forum on the net. I am an active member there under the SN GiantsFan and avidly visit the site for both fantasy sports and regular chat. I'm currently doing their fantasy NASCAR, Baseball, and Basketball. I'm 2nd in both Baseball and Basketball and won our ESPN fantasy Football.

hey, quit rubbing it in...

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Sportztawk RULEZ!

Sorry but I just had to.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Things are ;icking up over there..

top topics

join