It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border "Hi-tech" cameras don't work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

"A critical network of cameras and sensors installed for the U.S. Border Patrol along the Mexican and Canadian borders has been hobbled for years by defective equipment that was poorly installed, and by lax oversight by government officials who failed to properly supervise the project's contractor, according to government reports and public and industry officials.

The problems with the $239 million Integrated Surveillance Intelligence System (ISIS), which U.S. officials call crucial to defending the country against terrorist infiltrators, are under investigation by the inspector general of the General Services Administration.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Based on a lot of data, these screwed up systems were probably installed by illegals anyway. It's no wonder they don't work. Typical government screw-up.
Way to go there GW...............

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I heard they used cheap Mexican labor to install the system.....

In all seriousness, it sickens me that the borders are so loose. We TALK and TALK and TALK and nothing happens. I wonder if anything will be done after the next attack from people who crossed that border illegally? Probably nothing.....I bet they get free pirvate flights out of the country too aftwards....

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
They would at least need 20,000 - 40,000 agents to secure the border with Mexico.

I think there are only 2,500.

And the border is 1,500 miles long. 2,500 people guarding 1,500 miles is impossible.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Maybe OT but,
If 1st world countries stop EXPLOITING 3rd world countries ppl would stop immigrating.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krpano
Maybe OT but,
If 1st world countries stop EXPLOITING 3rd world countries ppl would stop immigrating.

It's very OT and... C'mon, not everything in this world is the fault of the US and the West.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krpano
Maybe OT but,

Still amazing, the first scream of the "under-informed" is exploitation. It isn't exploitation that draws illegals across the border in the millions, it GREED and the pursuit of MONEY by the illegals. Better life BS is just BS, its GREED.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Yeah, those greedy bastards snap up all the jobs for $3 an hour and use their fabulous wealth to control the world's financial markets.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Yeah, those greedy bastards snap up all the jobs for $3 an hour and use their fabulous wealth to control the world's financial markets.

Yet again a horribly "Ill-informed" quote. Many, many illegals make upto $15/hr-$20/hr in the construction trades. This is less than the $25-$35/hr for local state professionals in the same trade. But it is not $3/hr. Even wallmart pays minimum wage....................

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Even wallmart pays minimum wage....................

To the people on the books. Don't worry, plenty are making $3 an hour behind the scenes and the few that make $20 an hour in construction are day laborers and lucky to work 2 days a week.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Even wallmart pays minimum wage....................

To the people on the books. Don't worry, plenty are making $3 an hour behind the scenes and the few that make $20 an hour in construction are day laborers and lucky to work 2 days a week.

Sorry dude you can't even get illegals to work for $3/hr. I know many illegals that have worked for years making $15-20/hr in construction, not 2 weeks.........

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Sure, you know all these illegals who tell you how much they're earning. Funny, you don't seem the type to be hanging out with a crowd of "illegals" discussing their finances.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Sure, you know all these illegals who tell you how much they're earning. Funny, you don't seem the type to be hanging out with a crowd of "illegals" discussing their finances.

Doesnt matter wether they are making $3 an hour or $50, its still many many times more than what they are getting at home. And I have to agree with the Dr here a little, its GREED. If it wasnt, maybe they would stay in thier own country and try and improve it.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
C'mon, they're the impoverished class in their own country and if they could do anything about it there they would. We have a class just the same, earning $5.25 an hour for the most menial jobs and how would you propose they 'improve' that. Or would it be greedy if they tried?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
OOOOO!!! Just had an idea:

Why dont we just deport Mexican illegals to Canada? Just drop them off. Canada is always wanting people to come to their "fine" land and enjoy it. We can kill two birds with one stone!! Heck, the Mexican illegals wont even need to worry about medical coverage. The US will avoid catching the same illegals over and over again too. Win win!

Nah.....we couldnt do that, it would be to cruel....TO THE MEXICAN ILLEGALS!

Dissclaimer: The contents of this post do not in any way represent the authors true thoughts, well...not really anyways. The contents of this post are for humorous intents only. If you have not found this post to be humorous, please contact our complaint dept. @ www.gopoundsand.com. Keep out of reach of children . Wash in warm water and tumble dry. Do not touch eyes after handling, rinse if contact occurs and call a physician immediately. Do not store near an open flame. Prolonged exposure may cause irritation. Please wear proper eye protection when handling this post. The author is not responsible for any missuse of this post and any injury that may result. Do not look directly at post as injury may result.

[edit on 13-4-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
OOOOO!!! Just had an idea:

Why dont we just deport Mexican illegals to Canada? Just drop them off.

It's not such a bad idea... trade California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas for Ontario and they can put up a big "Welcome to Canada" sign down south.

Nah, everyone would just migrate to Mexico then...

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Thank you for proving you don't know any illegals, and you are relying on media coverage for your info. Most anyone in the construction industry knows illegals in some trade. But lets think a minute. The "crew" that cuts your lawn, the get paid say $60 to do the lawn. Three of them takes less than an hour, that's over $20/hr each.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Thank you for proving you don't know anything about business. The "crew" that cuts your lawn doesn't get ANY of your $60, they get whatever their boss is paying them. If they own the business themselves, they use your $60 to pay all their equipment and overhead costs and maybe end up with half of that as taxable profit.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Thank you for proving you don't know anything about business. The "crew" that cuts your lawn doesn't get ANY of your $60, they get whatever their boss is paying them. If they own the business themselves, they use your $60 to pay all their equipment and overhead costs and maybe end up with half of that as taxable profit.

The "majority" of landscape crews are independant contractors who paid cash for thier equipment, get paid in cash, and the only taxes they pay is when they buy beer at the end of the day. I do know business, economics, and how illegals work, live, and scam the real taxpayers in America. I also know how hired murderers kill cops and hide back across the border because mexico won't send them back. I know how cities across america "protect" illegals with safe zones so the local cops are not "allowed" to arrest them.

If you take that flashlight out of your eyes perhaps you can see to read and learn a bit about the world you live in.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Hahahahaaaa
I'm having way too much fun learning about the world you are living in.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Hahahahaaaa
I'm having way too much fun learning about the world you are living in.

Dude, my world is a very happy place. The cameras put on the border of my world don't work and terrorist can just walk in anytime they wish.

new topics

top topics

join