It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moloch/Owl?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The word moloch is thought by some to be, like baal, perhaps not a word for a specific god, but just a word for a god, like 'the lord' or somesuch, also.

Most names in those days were not only a name like it is today, but it actually had a meaning. The native americans had (still have?) names in this fashion like Wounded Knee and Red Feathers and the like.
I think translators make a mistake when they don't translate the names they encounters in ancient writings as that is how it orginally was read.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The drawing is of a "Splotch".

It is an hommage to early american abstract expressionism,
which frankly, comes as a refresh to the otherwise
boring post-imperialist influence of the rest of the design.

It could also be the head of Caspar The Ghost,
if you ask me.

But it does look like more like an owl hiding behind
than a spider.

What s the official version ?

There's no museum of money in America
that can provide an answer ?

120 years of life sounds so short to my ears
for a man to waste it on conspirating.

Whatever...

Cedric Alawa

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Well, after reading this thread all I can say is that, if our "leaders" really do these things then they are ineffective unless we allow them effectiveness.
The owl is seen as a symbol of wisdom only by the Europeans (and their American decendants) but, the Native North Americans (of which I am Cherokee) know the owl to be a symbol of stupidity.
So we have nothing to worry about from those dolts.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Owls are awesome. Once I went into a cave and an owl flew right over my head. It was awe inspiring. They are extremely well adapted predators. So economical in their movement.

As for Molech, the Jehovah Witnesses's believe that the "cannanites" worshipped Molech by tossing their kids into a fire, just as you say. Their peddled books have pictures of such tomfoolery. But then, it seems common for each culture to accuse the other of doing this because I have heard this ascribed also to secret Hebrew black cults.

I am 97% certain children are sacrificed in ritual fashion today, and know persons who are 97% credible to me, who've observed this and given me their testimony of how it goes down. There are childrens camps globally (follow the money) where penniless and nameless children are bred/used/killed. Any real researcher knows this anyway. You've got to do human research and talk to real people, not just read books or Internet.

These are deep cults, where you essentially sell your soul and the rite of passage is to do/observe [insert horribleness here]. Yes, rest assured, when people sell their souls by doing/observing [insert horribleness here] the group is bonded and forms into a human-mental-pyramid structure, naturally. The people fall in line, according to their fear or dominance, and a cult is formed. Their crystalline bond with each other is the event. The pyramid is formed basically on who is the most casual about it. So if a person reads 101 days of Sodom and thinks "P'shaw, that ain't nothin'" ...this sort of person will find others and they will consolidate power, and so on.

Kurt Vonnegut said this in some magazine I have somewhere [I am paraphrasing]: "I have learned that there are certain people out there who know what they want, and are willing to do absolutely anything to get it. They have the charm, the natural ability, and the moral abjectivity." ..He's speaking about real life here. You can believe KV when he talks like this. He's saying people like Patrick Bateman in "American Psycho" are out there and they find each other (of course). Now what do you think they're gonna do together?

I am not as enlightened as to the lighter side of things. I don't know if there's some savior or whatnot, because I meditate and basically don't worry about it much. Death, the way I see it, is like when you're dreaming and you fall, hitting the ground, and then wake up suddenly in your bed. That sick but relieved feeling you have is precisely what I know/feel/think is what I will feel after death. Sickness like maybe you want to puke or panic, but then abiding peace and calmness.

So really, all pain is transitory and there's nothing to worry about.

But yes, all types of pain have been experienced by all types of humans at all types of ages --and at all levels of capacity to process that pain.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I work under the logo of this German company...

How's that for you?
An owl inside a "pyramid? ...and it's "bavarian"

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
nice find mazzy007

im trying to find the street layouts of certain buildings in America, cause i recall reading the theory that Moloch symbol is used on certain layouts
WTC was one of them i think, not sure.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzy007
An owl inside a "pyramid? ...and it's "bavarian"

[conspiracy nerd alert]Thats awesome.[/conspiracy nerd alert]

And its not your avatar!

Infinite, aren't you thinking of washington DC?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Infinite, aren't you thinking of washington DC?

i am, but thats freemasonry symbols if i recall, Moloch is supposed to be all over the place...remember reading about it and watching a program about it aswell.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

And its not your avatar!

Good idea!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Supposedly the owl representation is of a "horned" animal just as the bull that was used in ancient times was horned. Like some have said, the owl can see in the dark, has almost a 360 degree view(all seeing), is wise, and is a predator.

If I'm not mistaken, I once heard Alex Jones say that Molech or Molach also Malak is the actual ritual and not the god deity. The god deity is supposedly a representation of Horus, an egyptian deity. You will see that many depictions of Horus (the falcon) looks similar to an owl, especially the original ancient egyptian sculptures.
www.egyptair.egyptguide.net...

Google Images of Horus References:
images.google.com...

As far as Bohemian Grove being evil, usually pictures are worth a 1000 words.

Statesman near Egyptian falcon(Horus) or owl? 1 Guy giving a subtle diablo sign

Other New photos at Bohemian Grove
infowars.com...

Owl etched in the streets around US capitol

Why do they call the "the owls" at National Press Club?
" National Press Club -- About the Club: The Record - 3/24/05
A panel of Owls and legendary reporters will comment on the "Press Club and the
Press Corps" as the Owls recognize new members and honor inductees into the ...
www.google.com...

Probably because the National Press Clubs logo has a Owl, not to mention the middle eastern Alladins Lamp

Frost Bank Building in Austin Tx (Big Owl)?
www.elfis.net...

2000 National Reconnaisance Office logo

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student
I once heard Alex Jones say that Molech or Molach also Malak is the actual ritual and not the god deity.

Its possible that someone corrected him.

The god deity is supposedly a representation of Horus, an egyptian deity.

This is simply inaccurate. Moloch is only ever described as being bull-like.

not to mention the middle eastern Alladins Lamp

Both symbols of wisdom and knowledge. I doubt that the press club is a baby-firing baal cult.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
BG is just a retreat for poweful guys who like to party. Nothing more.

I like Owls too, does that mean i'm some kind of "evil" person? No.

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I usually give the diablo sign at rock concerts and think of Emily Rose so I am evil

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Does anyone know why Moloch has come to be connected with this owl? I'm beginning to think someone somewhere made a mistake, and others have followed unaware of the original error. Wherever I look I can only find reference to Moloch as a bull headed idol.

Moloch was represented as a huge bronze statue with the head of a bull. The statue was hollow, and inside there burned a fire which colored the Moloch a glowing red. Children were placed on the hands of the statue. Through an ingenious system the hands were raised to the mouth (as if Moloch were eating) and the children fell into the fire where they were consumed by the flames. The people gathered before the Moloch were dancing on the sounds of flutes and tambourines to drown out the screams of the victims.
Source.

Therefore, I thought I would attempt to bring this thread back from the dead in a quest for answers.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Anyone think this building looks like a spider?

www.flickr.com...

The symbols of the occult elite are all around us if you have eyes to see. There are at least a dozen buildings in Dallas that are so patterned.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
Therefore, I thought I would attempt to bring this thread back from the dead in a quest for answers.

From the discussion itself, it looks like there is nothign to actually suggest that the ammonite god moloch is associated an owl. The closest seems to be that some owls are 'horned owls' (have feathers that look like horns). The other is that the creamation of care ritual invovles fire and human sacrifice (a stuffed mannequin representing worldly worries is burned), and that that is probably why jones calls it moloch, becuase in the bible, the ammonite hebrews offer humans as burnt sacrifices to their god moloch.

It looks like it starts with Jones then.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
What comes to my mind is the notion of the Peacock Angel, or Melek Taus the King of the world according to the Yezidi people. I understand that the peacock isn't native to that area (Kurdish) and that possibly another bird originally symbolized Melek or Malik which you must admit sounds alot like Molech.
Melek or the King of the World was also vulcan and maybe Lucifer and Fire and the Sun.
Just guessing

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
What comes to my mind is the notion of the Peacock Angel, or Melek Taus the King of the world according to the Yezidi people.[...]Melek or Malik which you must admit sounds alot like Molech.

Both words are derived from the same root apparently. Moloch is what the bible calls the god of the ammonite isrealis, buts its thought that this is just a title, rather than a proper name, similar to how the bible talks about a god named "Baal", where the word also means "Lord". Malik Taus is literaly "King Peacock" or alternatively "Angel Peacock", Malik/Molech/Moloch are all apparently words for "King/Angel/Lord" etc. Its a semitic word.

As far as the peacock not being native to northern iraq, it is thouhgt by some that the yezidi religion originates from far away india, in the extremely distant past. Others think that that yezidis are carrying on the ancient pre-islamic assyrian religion, and still others think that they are in fact muslims who've 'fallen' into 'confusion'.

Melek or the King of the World was also vulcan and maybe Lucifer and Fire and the Sun.

The "taus" means 'cock' as in a male bird apparently, not 'world'. The yezidi religion is a secret religion, but it is thought that Malik Taus, the Peacock Angel, is the greatest of Seven Angels, and thus rules over the material world.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Nice clarification, thanks

It seems that all clues lead to the same path..........such as mentioning fire, divine flame, baptism by fire something of that nature and abruptly ending. Or does it just get too hot?

Owl Lilith(lucifer)molech Melkizadek
peacock lucifer melek Forever Young Boy azazzal

Where does it go from there? It seems there are several factions of the Fallen running the show and we don't seem to get it. At least I don't. You can get real close and then it goes in circles and disappears through what? Confusion, yes. At least for me

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Nygdan,
I would agree that you will find it difficult to find actual representation behind Moloch as an owl, but the most I could offer would be this. In many occult rituals, I know that the depiction of a God can be both male and female in form. This was done for various reasons, harmony of the duality...etc. But I've noticed that the Owl is generally associated with the feminine:

The owl is a symbol of wisdom and often considered magical. Connected to night and the moon, it is also a feminine symbol. Because it can see in the dark, the owl is linked with clairvoyance and the revelation of unseen truths. Therefore people with Owl medicine are thought to be able to see what others try to hide and to hear what is not being said. The appearance of an owl in one's life may be a sign that it is time to open one's eyes, to watch and listen in silence and figure out the situation at hand. It may also signify the need to study one's shadow self, to try and find out what lies hidden within. Owl may help in finding the truth when we have deceived ourselves, and in accepting things we already know in our hearts. Owls are also associated with prophetic powers and are said to bring messages through dreams and meditation.

The bull is also generally accepted to be a symbol associated with the male parts of nature. Yin and Yang. It doesn't really matter which culture you ask, nature has to have balance. This is also apparent when comparing a medieval demonology and chinese myth. In the first, Moloch is often depicted as stealing children from their mothers and eating them, whereas in a particular chinese myth the owl is seen as a demon that "gobbles up the mothers of children". Here is a quick reference, just off hand:

In Ancient China the owl was thought to be a terrifying creature that had devoured its own mother. It was a symbol of superabundant yang and as such was believed to cause drought. Summer solstice was the Day of the Owl and children born on this day were thought to have a certain natural violence. Such children might even murder their own mother or father. Lei-gong, the Chinese god of thunder, has the beak, wings and claws of an owl, on the body of a man.

Source

Basically, the only thing that I could come up with is that in certain rituals Moloch might be represented as Owl-headed in order to accentuate the female attributes of the god, the yang side, so to speak. It's as good a reason as any, I suppose. I'm actually quite surprised that this thread went on for so long without any real answers. It took a while to read through them all. Half of them aren't even on your topic!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join