It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure WHAT happened....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well, I'm not really sure if this is the right place for this, because I am not really sure what happened, but I have a very strange story to tell, about what happened to me last night. I was lying in bed reading, about 2:30 am. The next thing I know, its 4:50 am, and I'm lying on my back, and the lights are out. Now you all at this point are probably thinking oh, he fell asleep reading...but here are the anomolies. Firstly, I didn't "wake up" at 4:50....I was fully awake, just became aware, sitting straight up in bed as if in shock. The first thing I became aware of was that my right contact was missing. The second, that my light was out. Neither fit the bill of falling asleep while reading, no? but its more than that, still. upon turning my light on, I found no contact lying about, and it was not still in or anything. Where did I end up finding it? IN THE BOOK I WAS READING. On the page I had been reading. I remember right up to the last line I read. Did I just fall asleep taking my contacts out? Not likely, since I am right handed, and was leaning on my right arm while reading, so how could I have taken my contact out. Also, why would I have turned the light out, and if I was aware enough to turn out the light, wouldnt I have taken out BOTH contacts? That I had still been on my right side when I stopped reading is also confirmed by the fact that my book was laying on the right side of the bed. The entire thing baffled me, and made me very uneasy. Twice in the last six months I have seen "ufos," but not thought that much of it. Now I am rather concerned....any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Wow. Sounds frightning. Does your bum hole hurt? j/k

If you could I would carry a camera around to capture UFO pictures and maybe setup a camera before you sleep at night to record what goes on. I have had lost time before but can't remember anything from any of the situations. Oh well.

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hey Saturnine....

First of all..Yes, its in the right forum.....
Second of all...i'll pass u to someone who is better at this alien stuff than me!

Welcome to ATS by the way...Nightwalker.....careful!

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It is possible for your contact lens to have fallen out into your book through movement while you were possibly "asleep".

Someone else in the house may have come into your room while u were asleep, moved the book and turned out the light.

Was there somebody else in the house?

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by saturnine_sweet
Well, I'm not really sure if this is the right place for this, because I am not really sure what happened, but I have a very strange story to tell, about what happened to me last night. I was lying in bed reading, about 2:30 am. The next thing I know, its 4:50 am, and I'm lying on my back, and the lights are out. Now you all at this point are probably thinking oh, he fell asleep reading...but here are the anomolies. Firstly, I didn't "wake up" at 4:50....I was fully awake, just became aware, sitting straight up in bed as if in shock. The first thing I became aware of was that my right contact was missing. The second, that my light was out. Neither fit the bill of falling asleep while reading, no? but its more than that, still. upon turning my light on, I found no contact lying about, and it was not still in or anything. Where did I end up finding it? IN THE BOOK I WAS READING. On the page I had been reading. I remember right up to the last line I read. Did I just fall asleep taking my contacts out? Not likely, since I am right handed, and was leaning on my right arm while reading, so how could I have taken my contact out. Also, why would I have turned the light out, and if I was aware enough to turn out the light, wouldnt I have taken out BOTH contacts? That I had still been on my right side when I stopped reading is also confirmed by the fact that my book was laying on the right side of the bed. The entire thing baffled me, and made me very uneasy. Twice in the last six months I have seen "ufos," but not thought that much of it. Now I am rather concerned....any thoughts?
Dude i was reading this and i kinda felt freak because that happen to me, it's kind of similar what u gone through, but believe me, NO ALIENS WERE INVOLVED(it's preposterous)! Well let me begin, it deals with the mind actually, the reason u don't remember all the stuff that u now knew is that u were asleep but awake, ur mind that keeps track of every thing that u do or ur consciousness(i guess that's how u spell it) was shut off and ur body was doing all the work. I guess u can say that it needed sleep, so u refused, and ur mind shut down, i know it sounds crazy but that it how sleep walking is related, if ur incident was major u could have sleep walked right out the window,lol read up on some guy that did that.

Now for my story, of coarse like all incidents it happen around midnight, like around 12:00 or so. I was watching late night tv, the kind of shows that don't air during day. Well i was hungry so i made my self popcorn to satisfy my urge. So i started on a bag. By the time i was done (and all of my awareness was focusing on the popcorn) after i was done I looked at the program it was off. i turn it on and a pop up menu appeared and stated it was off for more than 2 hours, i looked at the clocked by F%^&ing freaky coincidence it was two hours, like 2:00 am. I didn't panic instead i investigated. I saw my remote and it was greasy, espeacially the area on the power button. then i look at my couch that i was laying and it had popcorn all over, then i notice i wasn't eating popcorn (my hand was doing the motion of putting food in ur mouth, even though that their were none) So u can say i was eating air. I wondered when did i start doing this because now i was freaked. So after the heart pouding i clean up and went to bed.

[Edited on 22-7-2003 by hellfireburns]

[Edited on 22-7-2003 by hellfireburns]

[Edited on 23-7-2003 by hellfireburns]

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Firstly, thanks for all the quick feedback. now, to answer the questions posed...

Hellfire....I dont think this was a case of sleepwalking...if it were, I would have taken both contacts out at least, I would think, and there would have been signs of my having done other things. Nothing was disturbed, save the book was closed and beside my bed, my right contact was out, and the light was off.

Hades....I live alone, so no one else that should have been here could have been involved. Also, the contact couldnt have come out while I was "sleeping" because the book was closed and beside my bed...

Nightwalker...I have actually been trying to think of a way to record while I am asleep, but obviously, I am limited by tape times.....considering getting a motion-sensitive webcam, since my PC is in the same room. Also, no, bum's fine...lol...right eye hurts, and was very bloodshot at 4:50, and I actually thought the contact was behind my eye at first, because I thought I could feel it there, it was only in a last place to look kind of deal that I checked the book. My friend who really is into the whole alien bit so nicely suggested perhaps something was placed behind my eye.....and thus the reason for the eye irritation and the contact being out....

Beyond that, I am more than happy to supply any other details...the entire event makes me very uneasy, and any light anyone might be able to shed is welcome....

[Edited on 23-7-2003 by saturnine_sweet]

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
First I'd like to thank Hellfire for clearing up the fact that midnight is synonymous with 12:00.

Saturnine_sweet:

Are there windows in your room?

(There's obviously a door) but do you lock it?

How long had you been up when this occured?

Are you prone to sleep disorders? (or in your family history)

What floor of your house is your room on?

Do you live in a very populated area or rural?

To test if you're sleep walking:

A severe change in the atmosphere of the room or a large sensory stimulation can often 'wake' people who are sleep walking.
My suggestion would be to set up a motion detector attatched to either a very bright light (halogen or a strobe... strobe would work better) or a really loud alarm (siren/alarm clock sound) (If you wake up well to your alarm clock, use something with a similar sound... if you're like me and your alarm clock sound is IGNORED by your sleeping brain, use another sound... just make it loud).

DON'T aim the sensor right at your bed because it'll go off every time you move in bed... rather, point the light at your bed (and another toward the room just in case) and aim the sensor into the room to cover the window, door and the lightswitch.

This will do two things... it'll go off if someone/thing enters the room and it'll also go off if you're sleepwalking and get up to turn the lights off. (suggested place to put it would be your night table.

Another possible way to test if you're sleepwalking is to rearrange your furniture in your room. ESPECIALLY THE BED! Since most sleep walkers don't open their eyes, but rather move about through the long embedded memory of where things are in your house, if you change this, especially your starting point (bed)... you may walk into a wall and wake yourself up. (I don't want you to get hurt.... but....).

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Greyhaven-
There are five windows.....two are blocked, three not. There is no door to the room, I live in a trailer, and my bedroom is my living room. lol However, I do lock the front door, and while its easy enough to force open still, its very loud and would wake me if forced.
I had gotten up at 11 that day, but had also taken a two hour nap that afternoon. I was quite awake, as I had only put my ice cream back in the freezer while reading the previous page of the book.
No, no sleep disorders in the family.
Its a trailer, so only one floor

Very, very rural, like as in the sticks as you can get, I live on a private road, my only neighbors on the road a few relatives.
Sleepwalking I doubt, firstly because it doent cover everything that happened all that well, secondly because I have a couple of pieces of furniture that I move about daily in my living room/bedroom, and the space between these is too small to not run into them, really. However, I will look into testing it, in any case.
hope my answers might lead to some more conjectures, and thanks for the suggestions

[Edited on 23-7-2003 by saturnine_sweet]

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
guys, the whole sleepwalking thing is great but i thought of that, i have had the pleasure of him sleeping here twice, he does no such thing. And even if he did then he would have taken both contacts out, that is what i would have done and he is more careful than i am. not only that but he found it a short ways away from the last line he had read. yes it could be sheer coincedance (sorry for spelling go to nokomis).

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Sorry, but the obvious answer is you were tired and forgot what you did before you dozed off.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I dont know.

But that sounds pretty scary. The first thing i thought about was "Lost time".

You were doing something and weird stuff ahppened and u dont know how.

the light was off (u live alone...thats scary enough).

You were reading so u need the light to read..u woulnd't turn it off unless you had stopped reading.

your contact was out and u were leaning on ur right arm and u use that arm to take ur contact out.

So waht we have here is u dontk now how ur contact got out, where the time went, who turned off ur light.

So me that sounds scary.

Now i've read alot of abduction books when i was young.

And THAT sounds too freaky and close to things some people have said.

Have oyu had any nose bleed lately? Any weird things in ur body? around ur neck?

Anyways....If something like that happened to me, the first thing i'd do is go to the chiropractor or doctor, tell them you want X-Rays. And get some X-rays done and tell them to look for anything metallic or something thats not meant to be in ur body (a foreign object). And i'm not talking dirty here ;P

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
thelostsoul-
I see you picked a good name for you...
But I concur, I really dont see it as a possible sleepwalking episode. Is there some other rational explanation for it? I hope so.....lol
DaRAGE....I have had no nose bleeds, but I have had major sinus problems my entire life, and up until a couple years ago, would have frequent and excessive nosebleeds...just a little odd fact
I guess I am sort of getting resigned to it now, whatever happened...its still freaky, and very unsettling, but at the same time, what can I do about it? As for going to a doctor or something, well, I dont want to sound like a nutcase...I'd rather have a better idea of what went on first....

overall, I am glad for the feedback I have gotten so far, and hopefully it will continue. Last night i set my camcorder up to record, though, obviously, it only gets an hour and a half before the tape runs out...but, for now, that is what I am going to do, and hopefully if something like the occurs again, I will catch whatever happens on tape, then I will have a better idea of what is going on.....untl then, keep the comments coming

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Now for my story, of coarse like all incidents it happen around midnight, like around 12:00 or so. I was watching late night tv, the kind of shows that don't air during day. Well i was hungry so i made my self popcorn to satisfy my urge. So i started on a bag. By the time i was done (and all of my awareness was focusing on the popcorn) after i was done I looked at the program it was off.

Sometimes when you feel hungry all you need is water

Till Next Time,
BlackRose

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hades final thoughts:

Wierd. Get a shotgun.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
hades.....its on the list, soon as I've got the money...lol..something I woudl like to have in any case, living way out here in the middle of nowhere and by myself like I do.....

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
What you need is a nice solid .45. More shots than a shotgun, more range, and if you hit em right, alot nastier.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 01:22 AM
link   
with a shotgun, you pretty much don't have to aim

just kidding.

I suggest sturdier locks and some kind of alarm system. (Mechanical rather than electrical, cuz we know what the lil buggers do to electricity.)

And while we're on the topic of guns, you may consider boobytrapping your house (as long as you're sure you're not sleepwalking) using something like a claymore mine... a bunch of C4 explosives that throw fire and hundreds of ball-bearing fifty yards... sure kills for anything alive in that general direction. (course... the local PD may frown on this... so maybe not)

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
A bunch of them inbred locals got you while you were sleeping. Did you happen to hear dueling banjoes as you drifted off?

No, seriously man, I believe you. Some of the stuff I saw out there when we were kids, turn your hair white and make your butthole clench. Remember the night Jay was hanging out and he started screaming "There's a face in the window!"? Don't get a shotgun, something semi automatic...

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I have lost time in the past usually to do with drink/drugs.

But the point is I have still to all appearances been conscious to others and then I come to/wake up in a different club/pub or whatever.

If your brain can do this under influence it probably can sober too.

just a thought

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Move to a city
and/or allow yourself be hyptnotized by a doctor to vaguely assemble what you did during that lost time.

Also what you said about having severe nose bleeds might mean they have been experimenting on you for some time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join