It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking Jesus Dolls To Go On Sale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Another way to cash out on faith, now you can own your own talking Jesus, Mary and soon more bible characters.

A talking Jesus doll is due to go on sale in May, along with versions of Moses, the Virgin Mary and David, as a teddy bear maker tries to find a market with churches and religious families.

Also Moses will recite the ten commandments.

I guess now is the best time to target churches and religious families to profit from them.

Will this venture be a success? I don't think so.

money.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I dont know, you can never start to early to inculcate your young.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Will this venture be a success? I don't think so.

We're talking about the biggest blockbuster selling book of all time.

Of course they should merchandise the characters, and this has been done for centuries. Toy companies modernizing this are just a little late getting into the act.

But wouldn't it go better with good accessories and features like walking on water, whips for tax collectors and for Christ en route to execution, and stigmata perforations for a real crucifixion re-enactment? Mel Gibson has paved the way for that.

Of course, Jesus will have a Texan accent, to make him realistic.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

But wouldn't it go better with good accessories and features like walking on water, whips for tax collectors and for Christ en route to execution, and stigmata perforations for a real crucifixion re-enactment? Mel Gibson has paved the way for that.

Of course, Jesus will have a Texan accent, to make him realistic.

You, know I didn't though about that now that you mention, all the stuff that has been credited to the bible characters I would not be surprised that some will enact them to raise the fear on the littler ones.

I know I grow up in the very strict church teachings, my father is a seventh day adventist, and they bible school teachers knew my mother was Catholic, I have to hear the evils of the Catholic church as the beast of the seven heads until I was so scare that I didn't want to go to church with my mom.

Yes religion can be a very scary tool for a child in the right hands. They used to show us pictures of the dragon of the seven heads that the catholic church was supposed to be, awful.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Thats terrible, evan worse then the bastardization of Christmas with Santa Clause

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Thats terrible, evan worse then the bastardization of Christmas with Santa Clause

Actually because my father was seventh day adventist we didn't celebrated Santa, but rather the three kings on January.

Christmas was a day to remember baby Jesus, no Santa.

Now everybody in Puerto Rico is into the Santa celebration, my mother said that people are forgetting the true meaning of Christmas.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by Croat56

Actually because my father was seventh day adventist we didn't celebrated Santa, but rather the three kings on January.

Christmas was a day to remember baby Jesus, no Santa.

Now everybody in Puerto Rico is into the Santa celebration, my mother said that people are forgetting the true meaning of Christmas.

Big buisinesses are evil. I hope no one buys these.

I never celebrated Santa either. When I was 2 my mom told me there was no santa or easter bunny or anything like that. I thank her for that. Dam long ears trying to take Easter away from Jesus

new topics

top topics

join