It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico ufo airforce video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I need to see that video.If I Remember correctly CNN for the first time showed someting about ufo stuff.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Curious why a 5 second Google wouldn't suffice, but here you go....

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Eh..fake to me...missles it just shot off.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
For what purpose? Not to mention, missiles wouldn't be in frame for too long.

Nope, the best "debunking" I've seen of this is in regards to them possibly being the flames of oil rigs in the ocean. There was a good post on this just a couple weeks or so ago, that really makes one wonder on the oil rig theory... It's pretty compelling actually...at least enough to take into consideration.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think the oil rig flames are beyond a doubt the cause of the bright spots in that FLIR video. It's hard to deny testimony from the guy who designed the camera used to film it!

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
My computer keeps giving me an error saying it cannot play the video!

Its times like these that I wish I were a geek...

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
why would the Mexican gov't and the Mexican air force go around pushing a hoax as a real sighting?

um...hello?

dont you realize that your saying a National Govt is Lying about this?
they would KNOW if it was off shore oil rig flames...
so you think the mexicans are idiots? well i assure you they are a relatively modern society
ive been there im from texas i live next door

now i Would Understand if you were saying the US Govt is LYING about Aliens /UFOS and they are in Denial

but to say the Mexican govt is lying about Actually photographic one with a camera in a modern jet flown by respectable credible pilots

dude i just dont get it
unless of course; as the old saying goes lol

your a govt disinformation agent

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
your actually saying some guy who designed the camera; whos sitting at home inside his house;
is a MORE CREDIBLE witness to something that he DIDNT SEE???
LMAO!!!!

So the pilots who actually saw it; are not as credible as someone who did not see it

ya right

so the mexican govt and respectable pilots; are LESS credible to an event that they witnessed
than some guy sittin in a lazyboy chair thousands of miles away

do you realize the inconsistancy of your explanations?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
who cares what i said in the other last 2 posts

go download the full video yourself and watch it

now; perhaps one or two of the clips could be explained as Land based objects - no problem

but how the Heck do Offshore Oilrig fires FLY thru clouds in large numbers?

so they really have a place on earth where there is 12 rigs side by side that close? REALLY? where??? can i see a photo of that operation it sounds absolutely amazing
especially since they somehow got their rigs to Fly into the sky and move around and go thru clouds and stuff

haha

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Campeche Oil Rigs:

source

The lights (UFO's) shown in the video of march 05, 2004 provided
by the Mexican Air Force could be the heat source produced by
the flames of the oil wells located in the Oil field Cantarell
between 50 km to 90 km in the Gulf of Mexico, very close to the
shores of Ciudad del Carmen city in the Campeche's State and
within the range of the C26A FLIR camera at the moment of the
strange sighting.

I remember one crew member, I don't recall who he was but in
some part of the in-flight communications tells the others that
the "object" is two miles and then one mile ahead (one o'clock)
the airplane and then he said it was over the city ofr Ciudad
del Carmen. By that the airplane was heading to the Northwest
where at the bottom this Oil Wells are located.

There are in the Cantarell Oil Field 214 oil wells in 9
platforms from 184 that PEMEX (Mexican Oil Company) has in the
Gulf of Mexico.

from www.alcione.org...

Another explanation, from the engineer who designed the FLIR system that was used:

Tim Wescott worked on the control algorithms concerning the gyroscopes, the lenses and the
optical dither stages as well as the FOV/focus mechanism. If anyone knows all there is to know
about the SAFIRE-II is Tim Wescott.

Information regarding the Mexican Air Force FLIR video from march 05, 2004:

Tim Wescott estimates, that the oil flares in question (AKAL-J, AKAL-C and NOHOCH-A)
is detectable by the SAFIRE II on the given distance, due to the size of the flares if the weather
conditions is good. He adds; that the conditions in the FLIR video appeared to be good.

Another thing which is equally interesting is that of the FLIR elevation problems. Gyroscopes
are stabilized with respect to the inertial frame of reference. In this case, we can assume
that it is fixed to the Earth.

However the SAFIRE II has two modes:

One is a hybrid mode where the camera is stabilized against image vibration by the gyros,
but more or less fixed to the aircraft attitude for lower-speed motion. That this is the mode
which is active while these images is shot, is documented in the top-center of the images
where you can see it says "INRPT", this 'hybrid mode'.

The second mode is denoted as "HDHLD", and this denotes inertially stabilized position
servo mode. In the video, the images in question are shot with respect to the aircraft's
attitude since it is in hybrid mode, but the camera is still stabilized against image vibration
by the gyros.

So the assumptions concerning that the camera must have been relative to the mounting
point on the fuselage, is hereby documented to be correct.

It is common practice for pilots to crank a few degrees of flap so they can cruise a little
slower while keeping the airplane leveled.

More in next post...

[edit on 4/16/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Here's a shot that shows the Campeche Oil Wells. You do know where Campeche is, right? If not, it's on the West side of the Yucatan Penninsula.

See that big glob of light in the Gulf of Mexico west of the Yucatan Penn.? That is the fires from the Campeche oil rigs as they burn off excess gas.

Here's a closeup:

The city of Merida has a population of 4 million, so you can see just how bright the oil rigs are.

How do you explain the "refelctions" in the screenshot below?

Could it be reflections off the water, like this?

Do you want some more or have you had enough?

source used

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hmmm the videos give an error no matter what player I use.

Having looked at the evidence supplied I'm 99% sure it's the oil rigs though.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
there was a discussion on science.com who had good(good enought for me at least) proof for the oilrig-theory.

But anyway when i first saw the vids i thought that these lights are the real thing(alien vessels), great footage along with the pilots comments, my favorite ufo-footage till now.

please aliens come and show yourselfs before i die!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Although i hate to say it, the Campeche sighting is very likely to be platform oil flames.

Here are two deep analysis about this case. You will notice the very obvious similarity between the ufos and the platform flames.

Photographic proof of the identification of the Mexican Air Force observation made by a Flir camera on March 5, 2004

Another detailled analysis

I ask : Is such a coincidence of resemblance to flames possible? Would there be some camouflage attempt by genuine ufos ? Sincerely I do not think so. Even if I would love to be wrong.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I was excited when this story first broke, thinking "My God, a government has finally came forward with some disclosure!". It was just too good too be true...

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hmmm I agree it does look like oil rigs, but the pilots did say the objects were following them and surrouding them? how can that be explained
While I do agree, it might be flames from the oil rigs, it doesn't explain the whole surrouding us comments the pilots made, nor the bit where one pilot said they chased one of the objects, then turned around and the object stopped and followed them

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

why would the Mexican gov't and the Mexican air force go around pushing a hoax as a real sighting?

um...hello?

I have no idea. I'm only going with the evidence. I'm a believer. Surely anyone who's read any of my posts knows this. But I'm a skeptical believer, and I try to look at cases objectively...figuring, if I can't debunk it, then to me, it's pretty good evidence.

Initially, the footage was interesting, and the source compelling, but I have to go with the evidence, and for me, on this footage, I'm going towards the oil fires. This doesn't change anything however. There is still unreleased gun camera footage. Most of this has even been mentioned in projects like Bluebook or Sign, Grudge, etc. It is well documented that the US military fitted planes with cameras specifically for this purpose. It's also documented that these planes had encounters. What isn't shown though, is the results of such footage. It was simply never released to the public.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deimos
Hmmm I agree it does look like oil rigs, but the pilots did say the objects were following them and surrouding them? how can that be explained
While I do agree, it might be flames from the oil rigs, it doesn't explain the whole surrouding us comments the pilots made, nor the bit where one pilot said they chased one of the objects, then turned around and the object stopped and followed them

The pilots claimed they were surrounded because they had legitimate radar contacts at 12, 3, and six o'clock (in front, right side, behind) and they had the "UFO's" to the left of them. The radar never picked up the "UFO's".

new topics

top topics

join