It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New helmet for American soldiers in 2010

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
cryeassociates.com...#

clik on the first pic, its looks better and provide more protection than the old kevlar helmet as well as the new Advanced Combat Helmet for the U.S. Army. In my opinion that helmet may be lighter and and not bulky, but in Iraq we need to maximize the cover of protection. this helmet may be light and still retains the ability to cover the soldiers head and from what i can tell it looks like we dont need to have a seperate military goggles when you have one inside the helmet that can be slide down or up in front of yer eyes. lets hope we can see what else else the military has for the grunts since the U.S. spent hundreds of billions on tanks, subs, and fighter aircraft but not much on improving equipment for the personnel.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
cryeassociates.com...#

I like this 2020 vision, they need to build this Asap, it will help our troops in Iraq a lot!

[edit on 12-4-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
yeah the 2020 version helmet is good but we cant wait that long. we have to improve in 5 years of less. we need to speed things up now!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
yeah the 2020 version helmet is good but we cant wait that long. we have to improve in 5 years of less. we need to speed things up now!!!!

things will not speed up, infact speed down, it takes that long for our DoD advance research to do stuff, look at the Land warrior program, they still didn't mass produce it and give it to our troops.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83
Soldier of 2010

i don't like the 2010 ones, the armor is too small. they look the same from today's solider as well. well kind of

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

another pic of `future trooper`

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Waaaaaay too ugly.

The current US Army helmets are ALOT nicer.

Any benefit these ugly helmets have can be incorporated into the older nicer design.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
ok it might be just me but when i bullet strikes you in the head i dont think you care about looks. as for putting it into the older design but the newer stuff. i dont like the helmets we have now it looks like you have a mushroom on your head in some pics.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hitman132436
ok it might be just me but when i bullet strikes you in the head i dont think you care about looks. as for putting it into the older design but the newer stuff. i dont like the helmets we have now it looks like you have a mushroom on your head in some pics.

lol, yea, when your head is skinny and small the helmets looks like a mushroom on your head.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think the newer helmets for 2010-2020 look better than the ones we have now, but I also thin they will offer the same level of protection, new materials are really light but they are still pretty strong.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The helmets look wicked, Good thing their getting helmets that actually stop bullets and not just fragments of grenades and things of that matter.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Wow thats some rig.

When I was in the Army we used to put hotwater in our steel-pots for shaving out in the field. I don't think we could do that with this helmet...

Maximu§

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for the Stormtrooper helmets for our troops!

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
We need to either partially or entirely privatize the military to speed up the introduction of nifty technologies. The .gov is too slow, it needs some serious free-market competition.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeefotronX
We need to either partially or entirely privatize the military to speed up the introduction of nifty technologies. The .gov is too slow, it needs some serious free-market competition.

yea, .gov is pretty slow, we need some major boost to our ground forces, espically our soliders, they said FCS will be out by 2005 but they push it back again

Originally posted by the_oleneo
I'm still waiting for the Stormtrooper helmets for our troops!

hehe, now now, you don't want our troops to be clones now do you

apc

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
They need better flak protection more than better bullet protection. The vast majority of casulaties are incurred due to flak, flying debris from an explosion. Our current forces in Iraq are issued flak jackets, but not all. Im told some even have to pay for their own. They wont stop bullets but small arms fire isnt usually the prime threat. Land mines, RPGs, and mortars are.

Im thinking something that is bullet resistant (proof would be too costly and impractical mobility wise) covering the torso, with bullet proof plates over vital organs, and a full body flak suit available. Definitely the suit shouldn't be required, as it would be awkward and very hot (the chemical protective suits issued to army troops already can cause a well trained hardened soldier to faint in his own shoes), but atleast be available for troops to use in active combat/resistance zones.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by hitman132436

Just a minor nitpick, but helmets don't do a whole lot against rifle rounds. They're basically there to protect your head from shrapnel and debris.

But I agree on the looks issue. How many soldiers died because we kept the M-14 because the M-16 "Didn't look like a rifle."

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
the armor there doesn't look like it's covering much, the helmets look pretty good. I like the exoskeleton bit hope they can do something about the gigantic battery packs. But it's pretty true what they say a helmet would do against and riffle round. It's like I've always told people about helmets when I'm riding a bike, sure it might help me if I'm going below 25 or something but I dont think I really want to survive a head impact at 50+ miles an hour....

does anybody have any information on the riffle they are using there, it says it's some kind of caseless weapon back in the site?

[edit on 4/13/2005 by Oblivions void]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obfuscate
Waaaaaay too ugly.

Probably only because they don't have camo patterns on them yet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join