It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Labyrinth - Underground Caves/Rivers and RPGs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I've read through most of the posts regarding the possible BL game, but did not see anybody point out the most obvious possibilities yet... search hits. Beyond the ATS links there is very little hits for "Black Labyrinth" from any of the major search engines.

I apologize if these have been reviewed/discussed before, but I couldn't find anything, and wanted a fresh look at it.

Has anybody played the "Chronicles of the Black Labyrinth" role-playing games? Looks to be part of the "White Wolf's Werewolf: the Apocalypse." I have not played, but it appears to be very similar to D&D or something like that. It primarly deals with (from my limited research) "un-natural" beings like vampires and werewolves.

Perhaps if somebody has this RPG they can look into any possible links to the "clues" we have so far for BL. I would check it out myself, but RPGs don't interest me very much, and I don't have any extra money right now to buy it and look into it on my own. I would like to hear from anybody that has played, or owns this RPG, just to see if it may have some links to our game. (ie, the page numbers, etc.)

Here is one websites referencing "Black Labyrinth"

And another link here.

There is also a "Black Labyrinth" rafting company in New Zealand... while this looks like a kick-butt time, I don't think it will lead anywhere. Although exploring underground caves does fit... Maybe somebody in NZ knows some kind of local legends/rumors surrounding the areas this trip goes to (Ruakuri Cave).

Here is a link to some interesting information about Ruakuri Cave

Here is a link to the company that does the rafting tour through the "Black Labyrinth"

Another reference for the rafting trip.

Please let me know your thoughts... I seriously doubt that I have found anything too significant, but this "game" seems kinda stale and I wanted to freshen it up a bit by throwing in my $.02.

Of course, Simulacra could be right. We could just be chasing a non-existent solution. (Pareidolia)

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Okay... I'm going NuckingFutz, and I need to get some sleep. The other post "Taking a stab" got me to want to revisit looking through ATS for clues.

Here is what I have been looking at:

1. The BL link appeared at the bottom of the page on or about 09/25/04.
2. This post from what I see as a very suspicious user was posted 10/29/2003 (supposedly). Dates can be easily changed....
3. The user "dropseven" is a bit of a labyrinth itself. This suspicious user's post will come up on an ATS search for "labyrinth." If you google the mysterious statement he/she/it posted, it leads to a few random postings of the same information. If you select "show ommited" in google, it shows some more crap, leading, in the end and last search result, back to ATS.
4. If you look for the "Devil's Maze" you can find a book, by Gerald Suster available from Amazon for $1.29, which I might be willing to spend, just because the book and author's other work look interesting. He also wrote this book. Very interesting, indeed.
5. I also found this post which I can't even begin to express my thoughts and opinions on it yet. Notice "Banned Member" and dates, as above.

I can't say much more at this point... gotta do some thinking, and some sleeping. Let me know your thoughts, please.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
All I can say at this point is...

Nice Work

give me time to go through this all, but very very very good work.

_df

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I did look at your link and looked into the White Wolf books (that's what they are right?) but I thought it would be too easy and stupid if they were just directing us to a role playing game, That's the only reason I don't think that's the answer. Although, I can't disregard it, stranger things have happened. Of course, the cover of the book itself confirms some sort of connection. So I agree it must have SOMETHING to do with it. I don't know but I just wanted to say "good find" about that.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
There was spoken here about some RPG game.
I went to blacklabyrinth.com and put behind the URL rpg.
So i entered this link:

www.blacklabyrinth.com...

Hmm, what's that?

BTW: Also check the Register page, it looks like a game

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Psyche]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Just tried to register, got this

Call to undefined function: simplepage() in /home/abovetopsecret/black/rpg/register.php on line 68

Looks like they haven't finshed it yet.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Yes, they're creating a MMORPG game

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Hmmm, looks like project that was creating the game is dead.

try going to xphpx.net, looks like there website is gone.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
You can still see the front page here

web.archive.org...*/www.xphpx.net...

Maybe that’s what the whole blacklabyrinth thing was/is, an idea for a MMORPG that just never happen.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Yes, i guess it has never been finished...
Look here at:

phprpg.org...

This is a finished phprpg game if i'm not mistaken...

Ok admins, now you can tell the truth to us?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Yeah i saw that whilst looking, i downloaded a copy of the php.

Once i realised it wasn't the one on BL i didn't even bother looking at it tho.
Might put it on one of my php boxes and have a look later.

As for asking the admin they aint gonna say jack

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   

As for asking the admin they aint gonna say jack

Hehe I know, but it's worth trying

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I just wish they'd come out say if the game dead or not, either way like.

I mean all it’d need is a "Sorry it's dead" or a "The clues are there you just have to look"

Not hard

I know the mods have a policy about games run on ats and that’s fair enough.

But you have to respect the members of ats, i alone have spent hours (and i dont get a lot of hours
) trying to figure out what BL is all about. I'd love to spend more but i feel (probably like a lot of ats members) that there is no point spending time on something that might not even have an answer.

The ats staff should respect there members enough to just give them a gentle nudge in the right direction or to just kill the game completely.

Well thats just my opinion anyway.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I found these links to a game called Ferazels Wand.
This game has 23 levels and mentions the blacklabyrinth.
I won,t post the link to the site because it has adverts, and may break the rules.
But this link is to google which will take you there.
The first picture is of a amenemhet inscription from the black valley which has a labyrinth. The wings look like the image in the centre of B.L. IMHO.
The second picture will take you to the Ferazels Wand game.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I just want to say now that I strongly agree with Burgess.
The admins should say something or point us in the right directions or give us clues.
Even if it's just a small thingy...

The ats staff should respect there members enough to just give them a gentle nudge in the right direction or to just kill the game completely.

True, and when they've killed this "game" then start a new game like FTR

Edit:
Hmm, now I think of it.
Maybe they are preparing a new game now and that's why they don't say anything

And then all of a sudden they give some massive cryptic hint/clue to start a totally new game

Would be great

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Psyche]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I was looking again what that small link was at the bottom of ATS which point to blacklabyrinth.com and it reads unus.

Could the following link I found by searching in google's images be important?

www.elcamino.edu...

(If this already has been posted then i'm sorry
I haven't read ALL the threads...)

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well I was able to log in at www.blacklabyrinth.com... and play something that seemed to be ATS related. Is this new or is everyone else already doing it?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Nice one!

I couldn't log in a couple of days ago but now it's letting me in.

Looks like we might have finally cracked it.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It only let me in once but then it locked up. I couldn't get in again and so I switched to another email account and it let me in once more, but again, only once. I cleared my browser and cache, etc - but it only let me in once per isp account?

Any ideas on what I can do to clear that up?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Same here, i played it then it locked up on me. Now i cant get in.

It didn't look complete either it was full of bugs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join