It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Teens Abusing Inhalants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Dg, you are right we people get into the most silly things, but also it can turn dangerous, my youngest is 18 and he doesn't smoke, so far as I can tell not even cigarette, but he work around chlorine and that is enough for him to have problems with his sinuses.

People needs to be more careful with what they do to their bodies including children parents need to be aware of what their teens do, I did with mine when they were younger and I still keeping an eye on them to make sure everything is OK.

Addiction of any kind is no healthy is binding and while some can get away from them others can not.

During my daughter school years it was Ecstasy and crack I remember her telling me of the parties she used to go and her friends high on Ecstasy, she said that they were not a nice picture to look at.

She said she is glad that none of them got killed by them, but she bets that many lost some of their brain cells in the process of experimenting.

Inhalants will kill brain cells (neurons) and they are not replaceable I want you to know that the brain does not replace its (neurones) cells.

We are born with a certain amount of them and that is it.

The brain and spinal cord are made up of many cells, including neurons and glial cells. Neurons are cells that send and receive electro-chemical signals to and from the brain and nervous system. There are about 100 billion neurons in the brain. There are many more glial cells; they provide support functions for the neurons, and are far more numerous than neurones

In order for the brain to function you need all the brains cell you were born with.

LIFE SPAN OF NEURONS

Unlike most other cells, neurons cannot regrow after damage (except neurons from the hippocampus). Fortunately, there are about 100 billion neurons in the brain.

So be aware one of the main give away of somebody that over used inhalants is that the can barely talk and they are slow.

www.enchantedlearning.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

This is a perfect example of why Marijuana should be legal

Tim and I were potheads; and there was a 'dry spell' for a few months and Tim had become so desparate for a high he would try anything!

How is that an arguement for the legalization of pot? Its an arguement against it, there's allways going to be 'dry spells', and it speaks to its 'gateway' nature.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
No, is not addictive is was a pregnancy thing, don't worry is none toxic, I was just attracted to it.

Pregnant women do all kind of weird things.

boy can I relate to that, I had the crazy urge to sniff soap (Irish Spring) alot during my second pregnancy. During my first pregnancy, PineSol use to get me going.

During my high school years, the common story back then was kids spraying spray paint in paper bags and sniffing it. I have never experienced any sort of high from the things that kids be sniffing, I tend to get headaches from that type of stuff.

But since this is a problem what is the solution? Ban household products? Or change our Education system? I think we need to change our education system to cover more social issues that children will have to face as they become adults.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
it truely was hilarious expierance; i was laughing very very hard for NO reason...i think i was even staring at myself in a window just laughing...
then it was over and
man i had a HUGE headache...
Tim , however; found himself in spraypaint heavenland...
and he huffed that crap for at least 20 to 30 more occassions (a weeklong extravaganza)...
i think i laughed harder at Tim's stupidity than i did while under the influence of the inhalent...
This is a perfect example of why Marijuana should be legal...
Tim and I were potheads; and there was a 'dry spell' for a few months and Tim had become so desparate for a high he would try anything...
Find ONE newspaper article that gives sufficient evidence that "John Doe dies on marijuana overdose"...

I want to try and give a rebuttal on most of your topics, since I disagree with most of what you say, Muzzleflash.

First of all, I am entirely for the legalization of marijuana, so don't take any of my comments the wrong way.

Your friend Tim is an addict. Tim went from huffing, to pot. I bet Tim's tried other things too. I'd also bet that Tim gets irritable in the afternoon, and any other time when he's not high. If Tim can't get weed, I bet he'd pop a few pills. Maybe he'd drink a few beers, get himself good and sloshed. One doesn't huff 30 times in a week out of peer pressure, its because of a physical addiction. Addiction is a disease, and one that needs to be treated. I'd suggest that Tim gets some sort of counseling, before things spiral out of control. Don't laugh at his stupidity, help him fix it.

I do commend you for not huffing after the first try- I also don't think theres a problem with persistent MJ use, but be sure to use responsibly. click here to read about responsible use. Don't let it interfere with your daily life, and don't think you need it to function- you don't.

While there has never been a documented case of a marijuana overdose, the tragedy comes when someone gets stoned and drives to burger king, running down a small kid on a skateboard while they're at it- the OONDCP isn't lying when they show those ads.

In general, no matter what you do, do it smart, and be responsible. Weigh the consequences of what you're doing. Common sense goes along way.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
FYI Model glue is not regulated, it's still the oldschool mustard oil smelling stuff. That orange stuff is crap, doesn't bond the parts well. It's good for kids I suppose but real modellers use the stinky Testors or liquid.

The worst thing was when I had to use permanent markers on my job alot. Those big Magnum ones. You can't help but inhale that stuff. Bigtime heqadache. Those things suck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join