It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man takes German children hostage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
www.cnn.com reports:

"BERLIN, Germany -- A man armed with a kitchen knife has taken several schoolchildren hostage in the northern German town of Ennepetal, according to reports..."

They report as many as 7 kids were taken. They dont have a motive yet, still developing.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Real manly - using kids. I hope and pray the children end up ok.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
MSNBC is now saying 4 - 7 kids have been taken hostage. The article also goes on to state:

"The children were on a public bus packed with children on their way home from school, police said. Initially, police said the children were on a school bus."

So I wonder if he new that several kids would be getting off at this particular bus stop, or if he just took the chance. Seems like he kind of new the pattern of this particular area. It seems as though he 'scoped out' the area and new that a lot of kids get off at this stop and because he ushered all the kids into a house just as the woman was returning home seems to indicate that he knew that this person comes home at the same time everyday, otherwise, what would he have done with the kids, just held them on the street.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Not good at all
Was just looking at it on the news Seems he took the kids of a school bus and has up to 10 kids in a house in germany

I really hope this dose not end in a bad way my thoughts are with the children and there familys at this time,.

Sky News

An armed man has taken several schoolchildren hostage in a house in the German town of Ennepetal.

Local police said the man forced up to seven children - between the ages 10 and 11 - from a public bus.

Police have surrounded the house on the edge of the town, which is located some 40 miles northwest of Cologne.

A spokesman said the hostage-taker was possibly of Iranian origin and was in his early 50s.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Just wanted to update this story

The man has now released the girls aged between 11.15 yrs old,. after a 5 hour stand off

The 4 girls are said to be unharmed

A man armed with two knives has released four schoolchildren he took hostage in a house in the German town of Ennepetal.

The man had forced the girls - aged between 11 and 15 - from a public bus.

They were released - reportedly unhurt - after a five-hour stand-off.

Police had surrounded the house on the edge of the town, which is located some 40 miles northwest of Cologne.

"The situation has ended without trouble. At 1612 GMT police went in and overwhelmed the man," a spokesman said.

link update

all i can say is that im very happy this ended with out the children being hurt,

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
oha..just a few kilometers away from here, nothing ever happens and now this bull#

but good news, it's over, police said noone was injured . no details to the motive etc. (all according to german news channel, n-tv ).

the only official police statement was that it ended "glimpflich", the only translation i found was " to get off lightly" ...you'll get it.

asala : it seems that 6 children and the busdriver were able to get away, 4 girls remained as hostages

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

asala : it seems that 6 children and the busdriver were able to get away, 4 girls remained as hostages

Thanks for clearing that up for me,

gosh and you live right near it,

Let us know if you here any more info on this story,

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
just a small update :

the man took 4 hostages with him in a nearby house and tried to barricade themselvses in this house, all other children in the schoolbus were able to get away or free themselves. after 5 hours the german SEK ( sonder-einsatz-kommando = special-mission-commando .. hope thats right, english...mhh) freed all hostages and seized the kidnapper, the iranian man and one hostage were lightly injured. still no real info on motive etc.

just local speculation that he somehow thought he could force to let his family move from iran to germany..but i don't know if this is true..if it is, he will see his family again, after a few years of prison and then back in iran.

just watched the daily news on german tv..but it's more credible than the usual small-town-chatter

top topics

join