It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLAAF to buy 210 enhanced Mirage-2000

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
At least according to hong-kong news sources, along with plans to get 20 ALF-3 from France.

12 billion deal, that's over 57 million euros each.

等待解禁 中共要買210架幻象

大陸新聞中心/台北報導據中資香港「商報」報導,若歐盟對中國軍售一旦解禁,中國將從法國達索公司購買兩百 一十架幻象2000-9CS型雙座多用途戰鬥機,總額達一百二十億歐元。

消息人士透露,中法戰機軍購談判從二○○四年底開始,主要涉及價格和技術問題。中方的報價是一百二十億歐元 ,含一千兩百枚雲母導彈,以及一百八十台備用發動機。至於最後達成的價格,外界不得而知。此外,中國還有意 向從達索公司購買二十架大西洋ALF-3型多用途海上巡邏機。

報導指出,據來自法國軍方消息,二○○五年六月將有四十名中國飛行員到法國受訓,法國政府將先租借給中國十 架幻象二○○○B教練機。第一批三十架新機將於二○○六年底交付使用,以後交付的時間依次為,二○○七年六 十架,二○○八年六十架,二○○九年六十架。

報導說,幻象2000-9CS為雙座單發動機多用途戰機,是幻象2000的最新版本,並且針對中國的要求作了改進。最大起飛 重量為一萬八千公斤,最大外掛為六千六百公斤。除此以外,達索公司將在雷達、發動機、飛行控制系統和複合材 料等方面為中方提供技術援助。同時,幻象2000-9CS採用了一種獨一無二的機腹掛架,可以雙聯裝方式掛載兩枚五百 鐳射制導炸彈、兩具副油箱、六枚空對空導彈。機腹掛架還可掛載阿帕奇隱身防區外撒布武器。

報導說,幻象2000-9是達索公司在幻象2000-5基礎上研製的,最大速度二點二馬赫(時速達兩千三百公里),作戰半徑 七百四十公里,最大航程三千九百公里。機首裝有一部湯姆遜-RDY雷達,可以同時跟蹤八個目標,並同時攻擊 其中四個目標。原型機於二○○○年七月首飛。

另據「中國空軍」雜誌去年九月報導,二○○四年二月空軍某飛行試驗訓練基地團副參謀長、一級飛行員徐錫良, 赴地中海沿岸的法國奧朗治一一五空軍基地,對幻象2000系列進行了長達五個月的體驗飛行。外界研判,這或是中 軍購談判的開始。

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
rough babelfish translation

The waiting lifts a ban the Chinese Communist Party to have to buy 210 ghosts Mainland news center/Taibei reports according to center capital Hong Kong "business newspaper" the report, if European Union sells to the center national troops once lifts a ban, China will reach the rope company from France to purchase two 110 ghosts 2000-9CS 雙座 multipurpose fighter aircraft, the total amount amounts to 120 hundred million euros. The news public figure disclosed that, the Chinese and French fighter plane armed force buys the negotiations to start from two ○ ○ four year's end, mainly involves the price and the technical question. China's quoted price is 120 hundred million euros, contains 1,000 two hundred mica missiles, as well as 180 emergency engines. As for the price which finally achieves, the outside is unknown. In addition, China also intends to from to reach the rope company to purchase 20 Atlantic A L the F - 3 multipurpose marine loitering aircrafts. The report pointed out that, according to comes from the French military news, two ○ ○ five years in June will have 40 Chinese pilots to receive training to France, the French government first will rent for China ten ghosts two ○ ○ ○ B trainer aircraft. First batch of 30 will be new machine pays the use to two ○ ○ six year's end, later will pay the time will be in turn, two ○ ○ seven years 60, two ○ ○ eight years 60, two ○ ○ nine years 60. The report said that, ghost 2000-9CS is 雙座 the monomotor multipurpose fighter plane, is the ghost 2,000 newest editions, and has made the improvement in view of China's request. Most greatly the total weight is ten thousand eight metric tons outside, most is big hangs is 6,600 kilograms. Except for this, will reach the rope company in the radar, the engine, aspect and so on flight control system and compound material provides the technical assistance for China. At the same time, ghost 2000-9CS has used one kind of unique 機腹 gallows, may a pair of association install the way to hang carries two 500 � � � radium to shoot the guided bomb, two auxiliary oil tanks, six air-tos-air missile. 機腹 the gallows also may hang carry outside the Arab League 帕奇 stealth defense area to dust the weapon. The report said that, the ghost 2000-9 is reaches the rope company to develop in the ghost 2000-5 foundation, maximum speed 2.2 Mach (speed amounts to two 1,300 kilometers), combat radius 740 kilometers, maximum range 3,900 kilometers. The nose is loaded with a Tom to abdicate - R D the Y radar, may simultaneously track eight goals, and simultaneously attacks four goals. The prototype flies in two ○ ○ ○ years in July. Also the magazine last September reported according to "the Chinese air force" that, two ○ ○ four years in February air force some performance flight training base group deputy chief of staff, level of pilots Xu Hsiliang, goes to the Mediterranean Sea coast French Austria brightly to govern 115 air force bases, carried on to the ghost 2,000 series five month-long of experience flights. The outside 研判, this perhaps center � � the armed force buys the negotiations the start.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Very hard to believe that this will materialise into anything..
Wonder what kind of pressure the US will apply on the French..
Still if anyone's going to sell weapons to china from the EU inspite of US pressure, it'll be the French..

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Are these going to replace those lousy J-7?
These mirages are more advanced than those of Taiwan and the number of mirages the communists will have shall triple that of Taiwan.

~~How much is 120 M euro in US dollars?

BTW, how does good friend Russia feel?

[edit on 12-4-2005 by NotheRaGe]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I think this is highly theoretical at this time.. just a political statement of sorts...
Has as much weightage as wen ji bao's statement that china supports India's bid for a seat on the UNSC..
This just a month after china blocked a move for the expansion of the UNSC to include new permanent members (Brazil, India, Germany, Japan)

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
How good are the mirage jets in comparison to what the US uses? Also how do they compare to the tornado and jaguar?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo3
How good are the mirage jets in comparison to what the US uses? Also how do they compare to the tornado and jaguar?

I don't know about the US jets..
I'd rate the Mirage 2000 V equivalent to the F-16 block 50 and superior to the tornado/jaguar

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'd almost completely agree with that assessment Daedalus except for the Tornado. In its interceptor version its a different type of fighter to the Mirage 2000 (the Tornado F.3 is more 'F-14ish')so comparison is a little unfair on both of them. In the strike role the Tornado is unequalled in trhe world, as I say, I agree with the rest of it.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I would say that the Mirage 2000 is about the same as the F-16, don't know about the newer block 50-60 versions. And isn't the Mirage a carrier based aircraft?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
I'd rate the Mirage 2000 V equivalent to the F-16 block 50 and superior to the tornado/jaguar

No no, much better

[edit on 12-4-2005 by Nayeki]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I would say that the Mirage 2000 is about the same as the F-16, don't know about the newer block 50-60 versions. And isn't the Mirage a carrier based aircraft?

No.

The Rafale M, indeed.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I would say that the Mirage 2000 is about the same as the F-16, don't know about the newer block 50-60 versions.

Originally posted by Nayeki

Originally posted by Daedalus3

No no, much better

How exactly do you guys compare fighters? Based on what? Their manouvrability? Max speed? Ceiling? Radar? Missiles? Electronics? ECM? HMS? RWR? Beauty? Landing gear? Or is it just intuition?

[edit on 12-4-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think this is very theoretical and its realization is far from certain.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   

How exactly do you guys compare fighters? Based on what? Their manouvrability? Max speed? Ceiling? Radar? Missiles? Electronics? ECM? HMS? RWR? Beauty? Landing gear? Or is it just intuition?

Weaponry, avionics, past history and capabilities like speed, thrust and all the other specifications.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
I'd almost completely agree with that assessment Daedalus except for the Tornado. In its interceptor version its a different type of fighter to the Mirage 2000 (the Tornado F.3 is more 'F-14ish')so comparison is a little unfair on both of them. In the strike role the Tornado is unequalled in trhe world, as I say, I agree with the rest of it.

CAn't say i know much about the tornado, besides the fact that I've got LOADS of stickers of it.. so I'll pass on th eMirage tornado comparision..

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Actually I think the best ever Mirage was the Mirage 4000 which flew in 1979 and was a genuine F-15 beater. Why it never reached service I can't imagine, it was absolutely superb, and gorgeous to boot.

The French air force said they had no requirement for such an air superiority fighter (which I find odd) and the last time it was mentioned as an ongoing programme was with a view to Saudi Arabia funding its production, though the US quickly moved in and persuaded them to buy the F-15 instead and that was the end of the Mirage 4000, such a shame.

D

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The French air force said they had no requirement for such an air superiority fighter (which I find odd)

I find that really odd too. If you had a kick arse fighter jet, wouldn't it be natural to try to maintain that superiority just in case?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by D

The French air force said they had no requirement for such an air superiority fighter (which I find odd)

I find that really odd too. If you had a kick arse fighter jet, wouldn't it be natural to try to maintain that superiority just in case?

I think this must be put into the geopolitical situation of the 1970's...
The main danger at this time was a soviet inasion, so the european air defence was mainly in the NATO's hands.Therefore, in the USAFE F-15, F-16 and Phantoms hands. The only place where the french "Armée de l'Air" would have had to use ADF was in africa, or "outre mer" (overseas). In these place, the aircraft they would have to face were old soviet fighters, like Su-17,Su-22, Su-25, Fishbeds (Mig-21) or maybe Mig-23.

The French government choose the way of light, multirole aircrafts, based on the same M-2000 variant, to reduce the maintenance cost and increase the interoperability of the pilots and crewmen.

If you read french: aircraftstories.free.fr...

By that way, it would be strange that France sells Mirages 2000 to PLAAF, first because of their contracts with Taiwan... Froggies are not the kind to spray their materials like old USSR
A thing to hold thight and follow close.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
But France was not a memeber of NATO at the time and handled its own air defence independantly, although F-15's were based in Germany and the UK there were none in France. I would have thought the Mirage 4000 would have been the perfect aircraft with which to really emphasise that 'independance'.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

The French air force said they had no requirement for such an air superiority fighter (which I find odd) and the last time it was mentioned as an ongoing programme was with a view to Saudi Arabia funding its production, though the US quickly moved in and persuaded them to buy the F-15 instead and that was the end of the Mirage 4000, such a shame.

That's one of the same reasons why the Canadian Avro Arrow project was abandoned too. The US did not like another country creating something so superior (the Arrow was 20 years ahead of its time) so they pressured the Canadian government to abandon the project, which the poor Canadians did

[edit on 13-4-2005 by Taishyou]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join