It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early Election in Canada: Quebecs ticket to leave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
At this point, I think Canada will indeed have an early election. The Gomery files will only grow and grow, even if Paul Martin is left clean, the liberal party is still destroyed, in my opinion that is. Recent polls have stated that the liberals would drasticaly lose seats in an election. I heard that they would be left with an estimate of 64 seats.

Now im all for an election, but I was wondering if this could fuel the fires in quebec?

Anyone think this?

[edit on 12-4-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
well considering qubec gets a rather unfair portion of our tax dollers i don't see them as able to survive on their own. and if they do leave make sure they take their fair portion of the debit with them. they would also need to come up with their own form of currancy. hmm what if the natives decide to stay with canada the i guess they would loose quit a lot of land. not to mention of course that they can't even get 50% of quebecers to vote yes to separation. all it is a tactic to get more money thrown their way to apease them.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The thing now, the polls are saying, is that the liberal votes in quebec will be lost and that it could drastically change what happens.

Personally I hate quebec. The language laws are a joke there and here.

Example, the french language dominance on signs, the way children are educated english and french.

I think if we do see an election, we will see drastic changes in quebecs policies.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The "polls" before the election said the Libs would get beaten by the Conservatives yet they managed a Minority gov't. Do not put much stock into polls as it doesn't take long for people to remember how "great" the alternatives are... if another election happens expect an even more pathetic turnout... We need proportional representation soon!

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
You are right about the polls, but i believe this time the liberals would indeed be hit hard.

Canada's problem is that there are no candidates that "look like leaders". We dont have any cool movie action hero premiere's or anything !

We are totally screwing up.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
PQ wants to leave a confederated Canada - OK, but give back the 20 billion owed first.

And pay for those signs that have to be removed and repalced showing ENGLISH/French words yet in PQ they only use PQ wording on their signs and store names.

Dallas

Oh.. and we still have to decide on PQ pasports and Free Trade?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Quebec...The 51st State!!! Montreal...The 52nd State!!

Come....Come to the dark side!!

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Quebec...The 51st State!!! Montreal...The 52nd State!!

Come....Come to the dark side!!

I can assure you that they have more chance of joining the EU
It would be a very amusing scenario should it ever come to pass but I doubt it lol again heh

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Personally I hate quebec. The language laws are a joke there and here.

Example, the french language dominance on signs, the way children are educated english and french.

I think if we do see an election, we will see drastic changes in quebecs policies.

You hate quebec and french people!!!! That is sad...I am a french canadian and french canadian girls are the best looking girls in the world....Also, we like to party a lot and have fun! Tell me you dont hate quebec's people at least

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

top topics

join