It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jessica Lynch, et al

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Sorry, if this has been posted here before. I know it was on my old board, but do not recall seeing it here. I am watching Fox and everyone is calling her a hero. What makes a hero? Getting lost and captured? Sure, what she went through was horrible, but it sounds more like being inept than heroic. I am not criticizing her, either. She was in a maintenace unit and was never even expected to see combat.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Freddie

Yes, it has been posted before. Try Jessica Lynch in ATS search.

The truth of her captive situation is very much disputed.

For example, one thing you won't hear on TV is how the hospital tried to return her to a military checkpoint by ambulance, but the staff were fired upon by distressed soldiers.

The 'rescue' was a dramatically staged Stallone movie. No Iraqi military on site. Doctors wondering what all the fuss was about.

You are correct in your assessment, but the US needs a hero and she is the pretty face of the war.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Sorry, if this has been posted here before. I know it was on my old board, but do not recall seeing it here. I am watching Fox and everyone is calling her a hero. What makes a hero? Getting lost and captured? Sure, what she went through was horrible, but it sounds more like being inept than heroic. I am not criticizing her, either. She was in a maintenace unit and was never even expected to see combat.

Glad I'm not the only one who was wondering about this... So they hand out medals for making mistakes now....great, I'm sure those vets who lost appendages in previous wars for following orders will welcome her at the reunion dinners.....*sigh*

If you're going to manufacture a hero story, at least do it right....sheesh!

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I believe the real hero is the Iraqi guy who walked for miles to get the information of their whereabouts to the Americans.

top topics

join