It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Read the White House Website?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I mean besides Jeff Gannon that copies and pastes it.

It's occasionally a wealth of insight (as I've said before add /fbci to anything for the metaphysical department), but I'm looking through recent transcripts of Bush with the press pool on Air Force One and

Q (reporter): I asked if you thought it was a mixed message, and you said, "I think John Paul II will have a clear legacy of peace" --

THE PRESIDENT: A clear and excellent legacy, if you don't mind adding the word "excellent."

Q (reporter): Clear and excellent.

THE PRESIDENT: Yes. In other words, a strong legacy. I wanted to make sure there was a proper adjective to the legacy I thought he left behind. It was more than just "clear."

MR. McCLELLAN: You said "strong," too, in that answer.

THE PRESIDENT: Okay.

Q (reporter): Yes, you said, "strong legacy of setting a clear moral tone."

THE PRESIDENT: Fine. Okay, good.

Can't you just see that?

Not to mention the PRESS! What are they dooooooooing?

They aren't the President's Public Fracking Relations department? I guess the one's taking payola are, but helping him word his statement on the POPE?

I swear I tried to tell myself this was a joke website, but it's the government. I'm so (no words) over this. No specific part in particular, just all of it.

And if you don't see the problem, you're part of it.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I don't even know what to say anymore. I'm just shaking my head...

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
but RANT...

this OFFICIAL Whitehouse site contains more truth per square inch than the one that the gay Guckert/Gannon guy gushes for...

Try it.

www.whitehouse.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
but RANT...

this OFFICIAL Whitehouse site contains more truth per square inch than the one that the gay Guckert/Gannon guy gushes for...

Try it.

www.whitehouse.org...

I love that. Front page has a nice companion piece to this story.

Hehehe.

Much truth in satire.

Now a demonstration from "real" news outlets dealing with this subject.

Google the actual wording of the President's statement (as written by committee with press).

Some got it right (in context): YahooNews.com

Aboard Air Force One on the way to Italy earlier this week, Clinton said John Paul was "like all of us — he may have a mixed legacy," pointing to controversy over the pope's efforts to centralize church authority in the Vatican, to tamp down "liberation theology" movements, to promote conservative doctrine and to oppose discussion of female or married priests. Still, Clinton heralded the pope as "a figure of historic importance" who hastened the end of Communism in central Europe, saw the number of Catholics increase dramatically on his watch and was, above all, "a consistent voice for human dignity in the face of political oppression and modern materialism."

"On balance, I think he was a man of God, he was a consistent person, he did what he thought was right and that's about all you can ask from anybody," Clinton said.

On the way home, Bush was asked to respond to the "mixed legacy" comment. He hastened to disagree with it.

"Pope John Paul II will have a clear legacy of peace, compassion and strong legacy of setting a clear moral tone," Bush said.

To underscore his meaning, he then amended himself. "A clear and excellent legacy, if you don't mind adding the word excellent," he said, talking at length in the conference room on his plane. "I wanted to make sure there was a proper adjective to the legacy I thought he left behind. It was more than just clear."

Giving not only the full context of Bush's amended statement, but a fair accounting of Clinton's total statement to which Bush was responding.

Then there's all the local and national White House mouthpieces: This is CNN

Bush told reporters aboard Air Force One from Italy that he:

Disagreed with former President Clinton's comment that the pope will have a "mixed legacy." John Paul will have a clear and excellent legacy of peace, compassion and "setting a clear moral tone," he said.

Whaaaaaaaaaaa? The press is not only reporting their assisted "clear and excellent" speech assist as if off the tip of Bush's tongue, but relate the whole of Clinton's actually eloquent comments as merely a "mixed legacy" for the Pope.

Vast left wing conspiracy my ass.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Try it.

www.whitehouse.org...

MaskAvatar, the site on the link is outrageous, I am still reading and since when we have a new "DOF" Department of faith

On January 20, 2001, President George W. Bush signed an executive order establishing the United States Department of Faith (DOF). Headed by Mr. Bush's and God's favorite church, Landover Baptist Church, the DOF is entrusted with overseeing disbursement of millions of taxpayer dollars to religious charities. The DOF does not discriminate against any faith, making funds available to both Baptist churches and other churches or organizations that recognize Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. (Read the DOF Mission Statement)

I am missing something here?

Church to Sterilize Demon-Possessed Infants!
Annual Spring Bible Crawl

Freehold, Iowa - "The first thing we do," Landover Pastor, Deacon Fred explains, "is put a Bible on the ground. If the baby crawls away from the Bible, it immediately becomes a candidate for sterilization." The possessed child is then placed in a crib with a full grown adult swine to see if the demon will hitch a ride (Mark 5: 11-13).

WTF!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Try it.

www.whitehouse.org...

MaskAvatar, the site on the link is outrageous, I am still reading and since when we have a new "DOF" Department of faith

On January 20, 2001, President George W. Bush signed an executive order establishing the United States Department of Faith (DOF). Headed by Mr. Bush's and God's favorite church, Landover Baptist Church, the DOF is entrusted with overseeing disbursement of millions of taxpayer dollars to religious charities. The DOF does not discriminate against any faith, making funds available to both Baptist churches and other churches or organizations that recognize Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. (Read the DOF Mission Statement)

I am missing something here?

Yes. The satire site isn't nearly as outrageous as the real one:
www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Church to Sterilize Demon-Possessed Infants!
Annual Spring Bible Crawl

Freehold, Iowa - "The first thing we do," Landover Pastor, Deacon Fred explains, "is put a Bible on the ground. If the baby crawls away from the Bible, it immediately becomes a candidate for sterilization." The possessed child is then placed in a crib with a full grown adult swine to see if the demon will hitch a ride (Mark 5: 11-13).

This Bull no person in ther right mind would do this its fake.........

[edit on 12-4-2005 by Truth_Hunter_1976]

new topics

top topics

join