learn more

SADDAMS SONS CONFIRMED DEAD

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
like i said before

hang the bodies in the middle of time sq.

we need new paint ball targets anyway

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
has anyone pictures of their bodies or seen something on TV ?

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Looks like Bush has some good news to ride on through the 2004 election.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I am very interested to know exactly how they have "positively identified" these individuals... last I heard DNA tests take a while, certainly more than 12 hours...

But then, this is THE setup.... in the next few days, we will likely have a revenge terrorism attack, likely within the US, possibly with WMD, and Saddam will pop up (be Resurected) in Iran, which will give us a reason to roll into Iran (and take out the next biggest vote in OPEC)

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
I am very interested to know exactly how they have "positively identified" these individuals... last I heard DNA tests take a while, certainly more than 12 hours...

But then, this is THE setup.... in the next few days, we will likely have a revenge terrorism attack, likely within the US, possibly with WMD, and Saddam will pop up (be Resurected) in Iran, which will give us a reason to roll into Iran (and take out the next biggest vote in OPEC)

I just heard on the news that they did a finger print ID and also verifed dental records, but with the way this war has been going, a month from now, the military will publically apologize that they did not kill the brothers because the information they recieved was inaccuarte.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I was watching CNN during they reported the breaking news nation wide. At first I couldn't believe it, I thought wow we are winning the war and we might have the same great news like that about Saddam some day. BUT then it hit me, I thought what was going against Bush, that all the Democrats were attacking him because of faulse intel. Many were critizing the prez and his manipulation towards war, I really believe that he manipulated us into going to war for many reasons, including greed. But that is not the point, they claim that they have killed both sons of saddam, but there is no proof yet, But the scary thing is that Bush and his superiors have successfully diverted the public's attention from the scandal and now every body his brown nosing bush. It discuss me.
How ignorant can are media be?!
Well all i can say is that thier is even more growing ignorance than thier was yesterday

[Edited on 22-7-2003 by hellfireburns]

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
dragonrider

Interesting projections.

Interesting intelligence and identification methodologies.

Here's an interesting, pro-American, news trickle from on far:

US Confirms Saddam's Sons Dead
23/07/2003 11:12 AM
Miral Fahmy and Tabassum Zakaria

The US has confirmed that Saddam Hussein's two sons Uday and Qusay have been killed in a fierce gun battle with US troops at a villa in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul, US officials say.

"We're certain that Uday and Qusay were killed," Lieutenant General Ricardo Sanchez told a news conference in Baghdad on Tuesday. "We've used multiple sources to identify the individuals."

Uday, 39, Saddam's eldest son, was feared and famed throughout Iraq for his cruelty and playboy lifestyle. Qusay, born in 1966, was one of his father's most trusted lieutenants.

Sanchez said the US military had been given a "walk-in" tip that Qusay and Uday were in the villa and that the six-hour raid involved various military units, including special forces.

The military was still working to identify two other bodies recovered from the villa, he said. Four soldiers were wounded in the operation.

Saddam himself was not believed to have been at the villa, US officials said.

Widespread gunfire crackled across Baghdad after dark as word spread that Saddam's sons had been killed.

"It's celebration. People have heard about what happened," a US military spokesman said.

The deaths of Uday and Qusay could be a telling US gain in the struggle to convince Iraqis the horrors the two sons and their father represent can never return.

It could also bring welcome relief to US President George W. Bush, who has been under pressure over a mounting death toll among US troops in guerrilla-style attacks that they blame on die-hard supporters of the former Iraqi leader.

"This will prove to the Iraqi people that at least these two members of the regime will not be coming back to power which is what we've said over and over again," said Sanchez.

US Soldier Killed In Ambush

The imposing, concrete villa belonged to a businessman with close ties to Saddam's family, neighbours said.

Mosul residents said shots were fired from the house as the troops took up positions and approached it in the morning sun.

A new ambush on Tuesday claimed the life of a sixth soldier in five days. A Sri Lankan Red Cross technician was killed in another incident.

Ordinary Iraqis have been grumbling ever more loudly about the failure of the occupying US and British forces to restore basic services and hand power back to Iraqis.

US officials put multi-million dollar bounties on the heads of Saddam and his sons, saying their deaths or capture could help to reassure Iraqis they could cooperate with Americans without fear.

There was delight among people in Baghdad as the news from Mosul filtered through to the capital, but at least one man voiced disappointment that Uday, who ran much of Iraq's media and sport, had been killed.

"I don't want him dead. I want to torture him first," said Alaa Hamed, who was a producer at Uday's television channel.

He said Uday had personally beaten him with electrical cables when he made mistakes.

US forces have announced the capture of 34 of the 55 Iraqis on a most-wanted list of members of Saddam's regime.

The death on Tuesday of the 39th US soldier to be killed by hostile fire since Bush declared major combat over on May 1 highlighted the pressure his forces are under. Bush said on Monday he would welcome military help from abroad.

But countries such as France, Germany and Russia, which opposed the US and British invasion of Iraq, want a clearer UN mandate before getting involved in a messy situation which they had warned Washington could be the result from a war.

The UN Security Council on Tuesday met three delegates from Baghdad's new Iraqi Governing Council presenting a case for recognition. They were the first Baghdad delegates to go to the United Nations since Saddam was toppled.

But diplomats at the United Nations, scene of so much sharp diplomatic skirmishing over Iraq before U.S. bombs began falling on March 20, said the Governing Council would not be allowed to take up Baghdad's seat in New York for now.

The 25-member Governing Council was appointed by US authorities in Baghdad nine days ago.

Adnan Pachachi, spokesman for the Iraqi delegation, told the Security Council: "The state intelligence services and mandatory arrests and random executions are done for once and for all.

"The people of Iraq have...tasted a sense of freedom that has been denied to them for so many decades."

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
well 2 less people for the iraqi's to fear, boy someone is gonna be $30 million richer

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I wish there is a place waiting for them in hell.

If there is a hell...

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Another quote from Ghostbusters

We came,
We saw,
WE kicked there a$$

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
As I said before, General Sanchez would never say that they are positive they are dead unless he was 100 p.c. sure. No need to give the liberals more fodder about shoddy information.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is starting to remind me of Whack-A-Mole.
*WHAM*
"Got it! Damn, no I didn't." *WHAM*WHAM*
"Did I get 'em this time? No."
*WHAMWHAMWHAMWHAMWHAM*WHAM!!*
"Dammit, I know I got at least one now!!"

Meanwhile those moles just keep popping their smarmy little heads back up no matter how many times you hit them.
Why are we hitting plastic moles with a foam mallet, anyways?

Boom.
-B.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
www.debka.com...

Debka have an excellent articel on the death of the the sons and grandson.

Great news, I believe it now

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Netchicken

Good find.

Also raises interesting questions about the disbursement of 'bounty moneys' to the 'group' mentioned in the Debka article.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Quote from Christophers' script in the Sopranos

"2 F**ks down, a f**king million to go."

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
THEY GOT THE DNA FROM TOOTH BRUSHES, ACCORDING TO AN EARLIER REPORT ON FOX NEWS, WHEN THEY RAIDED THE PALACES

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phyberoptik
THEY GOT THE DNA FROM TOOTH BRUSHES, ACCORDING TO AN EARLIER REPORT ON FOX NEWS, WHEN THEY RAIDED THE PALACES

here comes the cynic in me....

how do they know those are THEIR tooth brushes????

"well they analyze the DNA"

and compare it to what exactly? not exactly a sure fire method of collecting DNA wouldnt you say?

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Here's something kind of funny I just heard on Fox. They described it as "a daring raid." How daring is it when you go in with overwhealming forces and firepower? Typical of the telivision media. Not that I would prefer it to be a daring raid by any means.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Freddie, Monkey

Here we go again.

There was no enormous victory the day the 20th most important statue of Saddam Hussein in Baghdad got pulled down.

There was no daring raid to rescue Private Jessica Lynch.

Maintain your skepticism, but avoid it turning into the kind of cynicism where you think you are powerless. It is healthy and necessary, to avoid being a sheep.

No further comment.

* except adding an s to powerles to make it more powerless *

[Edited on 23-7-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
My question is this: Why were Saddam's sons so far north, in a heavy Kurdish controlled city? It doesn't make sense at all. With all the turmoil in Iraq, why would the sons risk their lives staying in a stronghold that is surrounded by their enemies? This story of them being killed is really sounding like propaganda to help out some people in our government to cover their asses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join