It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The clock is ticking in Sumatra

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So if Toba does decide to blow her top , what would the tell tell signs be? How much warning can scientists/geologists give to alet the world that Toba will explode
And what can the world expect to happen when it does explode. I know it will be very bad, i have watched the Supervolcano programme re Yellowstone, but just how bad will Toba be? Are we looking at a nuclear winter scenerio lasting months or years?

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
So if Toba does decide to blow her top , what would the tell tell signs be? How much warning can scientists/geologists give to alet the world that Toba will explode
And what can the world expect to happen when it does explode. I know it will be very bad, i have watched the Supervolcano programme re Yellowstone, but just how bad will Toba be? Are we looking at a nuclear winter scenerio lasting months or years?

Experts disagree, but the general feeling is that increased volcanic, and geological activity will increase dramatically. Not unlike what is going on now which is why people are getting concerned.

-P

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hopefully this hasn't been mentioned, but there was a Mag 6.9 today in the region.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join