It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strategic Partnership. What will happen to Tibetan Government in Exile?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This thread is for the discussion of what is to happen to the Dalai Lama and the Tibetan government in exile. So far I have not been able to find information on this and am looking for research and thought as to what will happen.

Related to the India-China partnership. As some of you may know, the TIbetan Government in Exile resides in India.

[edit on 11-4-2005 by National Security Agency]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
What do you mean what will happen to it? Why should anything happen? They will continue on in exile, until there is revolution in china, or change of some sort.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
What do you mean what will happen to it? Why should anything happen? They will continue on in exile, until there is revolution in china, or change of some sort.

Will they have to move to Bhutan or some other country. There are almost a million refugee's of Tibet living in an area designated for Tibetan Government in Exile, where will they go? What will China request India to do with them?

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This might help answer a few of your questions? Maybe not, but a decent read, anyhow.

'Free Tibet' push fades as India-China ties warm

seekerof

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Ah, i see, you mean in terms of this new 'partnership'. The Tibetans don't have an organized resistance tho, no? They don't fund rebels or freedoms fighters or anything.

Since their pacifists, they're pretty much powerless. In the west they might have some sway, but I doubt its enough to make any western government force the issue with China. So why would the Chinese want to strain any new partnership? Seems little to gain, no?

new topics

top topics

join