It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside North Americas Politics: The Big Issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Ill start by posting a bit from a letter I decided not to publish.

I would like to begin by quoting Mr. Tom Lukiwski (Regina—Lumsden—Lake Centre, CPC):

“Our trade minister has not had much luck dealing with the U.S. on softwood lumber or beef, but a couple of years ago his department managed one significant success. It managed to enforce an anti-dumping ruling on the importation of American bingo cards.”

The Canada Border Services Agency has indeed conducted numerous investigations and anti-dumping rulings on topics such as frozen self-rising pizza, rubber hockey pucks, lint rollers, frozen potpies and as mentioned, bingo paper. The agency also has strict rulings on such goods as used or second-hand mattresses. Materials from used or second-hand mattresses may be imported only if they have been cleaned and fumigated, are accompanied by a certificate that is signed by the exporter or other person having knowledge of such cleaning and fumigation, give complete details of the procedure used to clean and fumigate the materials and contain a statement certifying that that procedure was carried out.

All of the above statements are true. The Canadian Border Services Agency has conducted reports on illegal dumping of all said items and many more.

Here are the investigations. Its quite funny to read.

www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca...

You see, this is what really happens in Canada. Our border security is a total joke. Just recently, the border has said that their computer systems do not even register the currently wanted "terrorists" as dangerous. I believe they would slip right on through.

Its time that "the big issues" get more concern.

Screw the rubber hockey pucks, there isnt even a season.

new topics

join