It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Ghost Stories.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Here's is a Holy Spirit story of mine. I had a experience with God about 11 years ago during a literal thunderstorm and a physical outcome of it was my mom was cured of very bad breast cancer. A spiritual outcome of it for me was God at that time became REAL. I accepted Christ when I was 8 and would have said God was real if asked that question but I didn't know what that really meant at that time. In that circumstance God made it known to me that He is REAL and He is GOD.

That is one story. Another one is about 5 months ago at a church service in my local church, the pastor asked for people who have had a "defining" moment with God to be prepared to come up to the front and tell everyone about it. The moment he said that I felt the Holy Spirit convict me to tell my thunderstorm one.I then spent the next 2 minutes trying to talk God out of making me go up there and stand in front of everybody and tell the story.

The 2 minutes were up and I was still trying to talk God out of it. The pastor then said times up, come up and tell, and literally I got stood up on my legs and walked up there in God's power and not mine. It was a weird feeling because I didn't want to go up there, but I found myself walking up there under His power and not mine. I told the story a little nervously and knew all the time I should but didn't want too. But God literally would not take no for an answer.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
for both posts. I have something recent to add. Yesterday I got a 'call' to move into a major life change (as before I was asked to wait patiently). I wasn't a big fan of the answer. For no good reason I checked this older thread and found this part here...

Originally posted by dbrandt
The 2 minutes were up and I was still trying to talk God out of it. The pastor then said times up, come up and tell, and literally I got stood up on my legs and walked up there in God's power and not mine. It was a weird feeling because I didn't want to go up there, but I found myself walking up there under His power and not mine. I told the story a little nervously and knew all the time I should but didn't want too. But God literally would not take no for an answer.

When I got this awakening yesterday, I got up from my desk at work and walked around the building answering to myself "I can't. I can't I can't. I can't do that. I can't". It was all I could do to keep it to myself and not say it aloud. Try to picture a person in business clothes doing this at work. No, I am not stressed at all (in fact, work is pretty comfortably in control these days). Looking back I pictured myself as one of those guys you have to worry about who are walking down the city street yelling at the sky. My answer is not an option, He knows better so I guess it's just time to strap in and go for the ride.

[edit on 19-7-2005 by saint4God]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join