It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the US Ever Invade Canada?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
YEAH! WE NEED BACON!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ponderosa

but most would rather be alive as Americans then dead as Canadians

I somehow doubt that, and I for one would rather die Canadian. I'm not saying that being American is bad, its just like how Americans (or anyone for that matter) wouldnt want to be forced to be turned into [Insert Nationality Here].

As one of those pesky frenchmen with much admiration for the french resistance of WW2 I must say that I'd rather fight and risk being killed than just stand by and do nothing.

The notion that most people would just accept it is totaly false, most of the people I know would stand up and fight or at least secretly support the resistance.

[edit on 12-4-2005 by Ranger]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ

not too mention Britain, France and a whole lot of other European countries that owe us a big one.

[edit on 12-4-2005 by DEEZNUTZ]

We saved france twice from complete domination. And look at the respect we get.

I vote we help mexico out. God knows they need it.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I can't wait til I'm President, I'll invade the nation of Canadian arrogance & condescending attitudes. Maybe that is the reason New Englander's are so rude?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Invade Canada? Easier to just buy it.

There are more than a few Canadians here in the West that would be sure to leave a light on and turn down the sheets!

Then again, the "Invasion" referred to may be the first war in which the USA was handed it's butt-in-a-bucket...

...The year was 1812.

ps: Sorry about the White House, but you fixed it up nicely

[edit on 13-4-2005 by Black Flag]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
I am ready to invade Canada for their beer and french women. Canada is selfish with their beer, it is so good that they will not sell it to us in the US. And did I mention french women.

I will admit that Canadain Beer is better than U.S. beer. Cnd beer has 5% or more alcohol.

Kokanee Beer rocks

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sideshowk
I will admit that Canadain Beer is better than U.S. beer. Cnd beer has 5% or more alcohol.

Kokanee Beer rocks

I think it really depends what beer your drinking. For instance, Storm King Stout of the Victory brewing company in PA (sorry, I have to give a plug for my fav brewery) got #10 overall beer in the world on Beer Advocate.

Their #2 beer is also American (#1 is from Belgium).

Over all, of the top 10 the US took all but 3, which were all taken by Belgium.

If you like high alcohol content, I recomend Victories Golden Monkey - it has 9.5% ABV.

The big 3 in the US are piss though (Bud, Coors, Miller). I stopped drinking that after my sophmore year in high school

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
--
The big 3 in the US are piss though (Bud, Coors, Miller). I stopped drinking that after my sophmore year in high school

THANKYOU! I felt so alone before you said that. I was actually under the impression that all American beer was piss- I'll have to see if and how I can get ahold of that stuff you mentioned.
In the meantime, if I feel like drinking American I just get whiskey- usually Jack. The rest of the time I stick to Heineken Dark and Guinness.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Two things which could make us kick Canadian butt: Deprive us of oil, or deprive us of beer.

forgot water ! now try to kick MY butt

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Canada has some high quality big name beer companies. I prefer Canadian "big company" beer to American "big company" beer, but generally, I prefer microbrews, and the U.S. beats Canada there easily. There are way more microbreweries in the U.S. than Canada.

I guess all I'm saying is that America has a "beer culture" to proud of - you don't need to invade us for that....
BTW, try Grasshopper if you ever come to Canada.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for making my first thread a 4 pager. I hope it didn't rub too many people the wrong way. I meant it in a strictly apolitical way. I have a strong admiration for American culture and power, and don't feel threatened at all.. I hope there is always a strong connection, but there does seem to a be a lingering question by some Canadians that maybe Canada is on the road to annexation one way or another, whether it be through gradual combining of our economies, or outright forced annexation for some other reason (which under current circumstances is unfathomable), but circumstance change some times.

[edit on 13-4-2005 by Hajduk]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think the answer is yes. We will invade Canada while we are running from the Mexican Army after they invade us.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
THIS is why America is the most hated nation on the planet. They think the world is there's for the taking, and that if they want it, they can just walk in and take it. They also seem to think they're all a bunch of incredible war heroes, when really they couldn't even defeat Vietnam, a bunch of Asians hiding in the bushes, got their ass kicked out of there, and then say "WE WON CUZ WE RETREATED." WTF? The Americans may have a ton of bombs, equipment, and troops, but you are the most idiotic person alive to think that they can take Canada. Why? Let me list some reasons...

1. Well... somebody said they would rather live as Americans than die as Canadians. # you. I would much rather die a Canadian than as an American (hey! your country just hit 85% of all people obese. congradulations, your the fattest nation on the face of the Earth), and even if I couldn't fight as an actual soldier, I would grab a gun and shoot anything that moves. Sorry, but they deserve it if they think they have the right to invade their greatest ally. I don't know anyone who would give in, and by the way, most Canadian farmers are taught to shoot at the age of 6. Any farmer worth his weight can shoot a gopher in the eye from at the very LEAST 50 yards away, no scope, with a 22 cal. By the way, remember what happened last time you tried to invade us? Epic fail. Same as Vietnam, and Iraq by the looks of it. And what did you gain from it? Your White House burnt to the ground... it was grey at the time though.

2. Canadian soldiers are some of the best, if not THE best trained soldiers in the world. Need an example? Vimy Ridge. The Brits tried to attack it, fail. The French tried to attack it, fail. The AMERICANS tried to attack it, fail. The Canadians marched in and took it in 3 days. Need another example? Heres one: have you ever won war games against us? Sure as hell doesn't seem like it...

3. You think our allies are going to watch you march in here and start killing everybody? IDIOTS. Lets see who you'll be fighting... The British Commonwealth (Britain, India, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, to name a FEW), everyone else in NATO and the UN (NATO is what, 26 countries if I remember correctly?. Russia will probably come, god knows they're just waiting for an excuse to bomb your miserable country to a glass surface. China might come, they dont particularily like you either, plus you owe them trillions. France would come, Canada is partly from French origin (Mainly British though). Other countries might even come to help. Looks like your all outa friends, if the great and powerful U.S.A. exists after, you'll be like a tiny Russia. "That country over there nobody likes that just seems so... damn... pointless.

4. Canada would simply cut off your resources if they knew you were about to attack. We supply you 65% of your oil, hydro, timber, and a ton of other resources that you couldn't live without.

5. The U.S. is so economicly screwed right now they can't fund a war 1 tenth this size. You owe China trillions, and keep crawling back to Canada or China every time you need resources or money. Here's your allowance, sonny boy, go spend it on McDonalds.

6. McDonalds. LOL. Like I said, 85% of Americans are fat, and wouldn't be able to do much good in combat.

7. The Americans that have finally woken up, and have seen the consequences of their actions that have contributed to the destruction of the world, will retaliate, fight their own country, hide, protest, or, if they were already in the military, desert.

8. Terrorists may even join in on the fun. What better time to attack when everyone else is attacking too, and nobody will even notice when they waltz into the country with bombs strapped to their chests, blowing up anything that looks big and important, like the White House (if the Canadians haven't already marched back down their and let history repeat itself). Maybe if we're nice enough to stop the attack (assuming the Russians and the Chinese will give have a #), we'll let the U.S. become its own province? What do you think, "That Place Down There", or "Crater"?

9. Basically the same as #7. Tiny Civil War's would break out all over the States, people would some would say that they deserve what they get, while others would support the Americans in the war, and then the States would kill itself from the inside out.

10. Every countries already pissed at you for the war in Iraq, your terrible music (I'm truly sorry for unleashing Celine Dion and Justin Bieber upon you guys though), and that McDonalds isn't making enough money making the U.S. fat, so they're spreading across the whole world like an obese plague. Ever seen that vid where that woman left a Happy Meal on the table for 180 days (6 months)? It never even began to start going bad. WTF DO THEY DO TO THE POOR COW? DO THEY THROW IT IN A VOLCANO AND SEE WHAT COMES BACK UP OR WHAT??? CAN YOU EVEN CALL IT FOOD OR A BIG BALL OF PROCESSED GREASE?

11. Last, but CERTAINLY not least, maple syrup, canadian bacon (NO ITS NOT THE SAME AS HAM), hockey players, beer, and BEAVERS will all destroy you. Do...not...mess...with...my...beavers. They'll chew your limbs off.

12. Your government is (I think we can both agree on this one) made up of the most idiotic people in your country. Come on, BUSH?!?!? Maybe you didn't hear me... BUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSHHHHHH!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

^^^ Basically to sum it all up, U.S. invading Canada = Epic Fail. You may be able to beat us 1 on 1, but some people have to realise this is reality, nobodies going to stand aside while the worlds best peacekeepers are all killed by an army of posers, saying they're the worlds police because they "saved Europes ass" in WW1 and 2, even though the only reason they bothered to get off their asses was because they were attacked a few years after the war began. You were SUPPLYING the Japanese, great help.

But in all truth I really do love most of you guys, and your country as a whole. I just hate the arrogant, ignorant assholes who run your government and the people who think they can take over the world because they spend billions on bombs, rather than fighting poverty, and getting their country a better education and healthcare (no offense on the education part, but its a fact that its not as good as in many other countries, Canada for example).... Again, I have nothing against your nation, and have many great friends from the States, but so many people have to grow a brain (We all know who I'm talking about... the American version of Hitler and his name reighms with "Cush")... They have to learn that they don't rule the world, and that life exists beyond their ignorant little bubble, not a bunch of land to bomb the crap out of when their angry. If people keep acting like this, I'm sorry to say, but something like my little simulation might happen, and all thats left of the United States of America will be yet another burnt down White House in the middle of nowhere.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
this is just stupid if the usa ever tried to invade us they would end up like germany all the other countries would help us and they would get their asses kicked

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigmatic_Messiah

and then you'll get your white house burned down when we kick you asses again

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Guys, the US Government has plans to do a lot of stuff that they will probably never need. For example, they have a Zombie Survival Plan, which unless Zombies are created, is useless. This was a preemptive measure at best. If Canada ever went Nazi, having plans to stop them would be a great idea. Especially in advance. Note, that since this was 1920-era US the UN wasn't around to punish them if they invaded for no reason. There was also no measures against that type of war back then.

PS-Fun fact, the plans were related to larger measures in the event of war against Britain on North American soil. This was after Canada made a plan for attacking US Cities and holding them off until Imperial reinforcements.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join