It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the US Ever Invade Canada?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
What an odd topic. The US government is in the process of making Canadians get passports and visa's just to come over for a visit. They're not trying to make Canada a part of the US, Hell, they are trying to keep the Canadians out.

Canada of course, is going to reciprocate.

My thoughts are that if the US is going to invade a neighbor we should take over Mexico. Clean up the corruption, bring basic sanitation to the country and make it safe for all Mexican citizens......oops, I mean the new US citizens, to go home and make a decent living where they were born.

Mexico is FAR greater a threat then Canada will ever be. You don't see canadians pouring over our borders in search of a better life. On our southern border they should put up a sign that says, "Would the last mexican to cross the border please turn out the light."

Besides, i like Canadians. A guy I work with was once one. He had a tattoo on his left arm that said, "Canada" which is how I came to know he was born there. A few years ago he became a US citizen and for the longest time I tried to talk him into getting an additional tattoo right under his tattoo that said Canada. I wanted him to add the word "Sucks" He wouldn't do it.

Love and light and good neighborly relations my friends,

Wupy

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellbunny
I'm pretty sure the last time Americans invaded Canada, we burned down the Whitehouse in the war of 1812; immortalized by the great "Arrogant Worms!"

Oh... we... fired our guns, but the Yankees kept-a coming,
There wasn’t quite as many as there was a while ago.
We fired once more and the Yankees started running,
Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico, oh, oh....
They ran through the snow and they ran through the forest,
They ran through the bushes where the beavers wouldn’t go.
They ran so fast, they forgot to take their culture,
Back to America, and Gulf and Texaco

arrogant-worms.lyrics-songs.com...

Don't wanna mess with us!

But do you seriously think they could do it again?

OK, on the reals.....I think the U.S. has a plan for just about anything against anybody....so yes, I think we still have a plan to invade!

Will we ever use it, probably and hopefully not....but just in case

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Canada has a major drawback, the french
Seriously i highly doubt the US would invade canada. we are not that damn agressive! we get hit by a terrorist attack and recipicate like anyone would, and now were the bad guys on the block.
We have been friends with canada for awhile and i think were even thinking of including them in our missile defense program. BTW mexico is far more of a threat than canada.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
if the us invades canada you wouldn't just face our strangled military. you would also have to face all the civilians that would arm themselves and fight back. not to mention of course that we have one hell of a backyard to stage from useing gurilla tactics. it definatly would not be pretty for you.

if you think that the attacks in iraq are bad, just try to defend against ours. we can blend in rather well with you. think along the lines of the french resistance. invadeing canada would also give everyone in the world a valid excuse to invade the us. how many countries would just love that eh. it would be an unwise decision at best.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well, why not lob a few tactical nukes on Toronto for starters. I dont think canada has the military might to stand against the U.S. for long. not with our military and militia forces.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I can't believe this discussion got this far without anybody saying the obvious.
We've already done it.
It's called NAFTA- read it and weep. All of your bases are belong to us.

Seriously though, America, Canada, and Mexico are ALL slated for invasion, not by some menacing NWO army, but by the real muscle men of organized crime- multinational corporations. No flags, languages, or lines on the map will ever have to change. Both we and our governments will all just start taking orders from the same people, and if we break the rules, we're fired- kicked off the landlord's property without a dime to our name, like a rebellious serf.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellbunny
I'm pretty sure the last time Americans invaded Canada, we burned down the Whitehouse in the war of 1812; immortalized by the great "Arrogant Worms!"

Don't wanna mess with us!

You realize it was British soldiers fresh from Napoleonic wars that burned down the White House and not any people that lived in what is now Canada. So really it would be the british that would get the bragging rights for that. Their General that lead them didnt live to long after that either. In the end it didnt work out too good for the British considering they were a super power.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The Vagabond, dude you have the coolest avatar. Is that something you came up with?

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone
Well, why not lob a few tactical nukes on Toronto for starters. I dont think canada has the military might to stand against the U.S. for long. not with our military and militia forces.

Lolz that would put a major dent on the US economy you know
Toronto is in the top 5 cities in North America ya know
Look what happened to the world economy after 9/11. Just imagine what would happen if ANY major economic hub gets nuked. Not pretty. If a land invasion happened, expect little resistance in the major cities at first but more and more as you enter into the wilderness(which we have ALOT of) and the amount of landowners who will be arming themselves to the teeth with any arms availble, we got alot of guns up here both legal(mostly rifles) and illigal curtosy of you guys down south... not to mention how highly educated we are(thusly we could always resort to Improvised Weapons) and how much respect we have around the world and it would turn out into a huge quagmire that will dwarf Vietnam and Iraq combined
Point is we would get help, as we have always helped an ally when they were being directly attacked.

But I believe the question this thread posed was WILL it ever happen, and my opinion on the matter is that it already has, corporate rule not political however, our politicians are just as corrupt and tied to private industry as thier american(and western) counterparts. I have a feeling we are heading towards another depression in the near future, but thats another topic alltogether.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
What kind of-odd silliness are you trying to suggest here on or against Canada sir ?
I put to you Canada has been a supporter to all US wishes until MR Bush.
After Him well..

Dallas

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
LOL i am just kidding do you think we would nuke some country on our continent

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

LOL i am just kidding do you think we would nuke some country on our continent

There have been nuclear bombs tested on the continent, so I don't see why that would be a reason for not using one.

The thing about Canada is that it would be nearly impossible for any country to successfully occupy unless there was substantial support or at least indifference from within. The size and distance between major population centres would mean that a massive force would be needed.

Having said that, I stand by my assertation that if the U.S. wanted to force annexation of Canada, it could be done in an almost bloodless manner. Not that there wouldn't be dissent, but I don't think there would be substantial armed conflict or guerila resistance.

I guess I really meant annexation and not invasion. All it would really take is a generation of propaganda to make it justified among the population. There is also the fact that Canada could easily be defeated economically. Political strife often occurs with economic meltdowns, and countries with political strife are easy to justify a foreign "intervention" against. Honestly, I don't see that many hurdles. The only thing I question is if there is a motive, and if the contigency plan is not actually gathering dust, but on someone's 'to do' list.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Manifest Destiny, meaning "obvious (or undeniable) fate" was a belief originally held by Democratic Republicans, specifically Warhawks during the presidency of James Madison, that stated the United States had a divinely-inspired mission to expand itself and its system of government from ocean to ocean and to the western frontier.
-----------
Pacific to Atlantic.

Also, Canada doesn't bring much economic benefit.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Well sIR, When anyone makes word US-Can relaions can be changed through brute agression.. then that leads me to NWO and there are Countries that have a say and for now until Canada simply decides and makes a nuclear weapon to create the offensive defense they'll have to stand down....................(just now),,

Dallas

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigmatic_Messiah

I disagree. Canada is one of the largest energy producers in the world, has the most accessible freshwater, and a highly skilled workforce. I think there would be economic benefits for annexation, especially if the cost was not all that great to begin with.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigmatic_Messiah

While we are abundant in natural resources you would probably like to own, and do have some darn tasty beers, in the end, you are probably correct. After you factor in the 30 million new Democrats (except for Alberta) with an axe to grind, complaining about the lack of universal health coverage and demanding all sorts of crazy things like universal daycare, the actual dollar amount gained would be small compared to the huge pain in the butt we would eventually become.

Also, the 'French people' would have their very own state, with their own separate language. Would you guys be OK with that? None of the other states would be jealous or anything? Because I'll let your politicians know right up front, you do not want to get into an argument with Quebec. They can be kinda stubborn sometimes (but the accents make up for it).

So, in summation, don't invade us, please. It really would be more trouble than it's worth, in the long run. After all, as a wise man once said:

Originally posted by The Vagabond
We've already done it.
It's called NAFTA- read it and weep.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I don't know if it's realistic or not, but the US invaded Canada in the 2060s in the game Fallout. They invaded for oil because the world supply was running out. In fact, it was the wars over oil that caused all the world's nuclear powers to go at it, nearly wiping out the human race.

Who knows, if we start running out of oil and don't find an alternative, we might start doing some pretty drastic things. Though if the US ever invades Canada, I'm fighting on the side of the Canuks.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Perhap's all in all - Canada should join Russia (TBA), France and Germany and contribute to strengthen the UreoDollar thereby allowing the US to allow NATO to leave them alone by persuing more profitable enterprises rather than Offensive death and destruction of innocent countries. - yes?

Dallas

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Please go ahead, I hate Toronto anyways. Keep them away from London though, my mom lives there. Seriously, you guys would have no chance. We'd all get together with some beers, watch the best hockey fights on tape, arm ourselves to the teeth and launch the worst guerilla tactics warfare you have ever seen. The US wouldn't use nukes because it would make the land unlivable and not to mention all the fallout that would head south across the border. Think about that, not too mention Britain, France and a whole lot of other European countries that owe us a big one.

Peace in the Middle East I'm out.

[edit on 12-4-2005 by DEEZNUTZ]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
People think terrorism and suicide bombers are bad now, If the U.S invaded Canada sh1t like 9/11 would happen every day.Let's not forget that Canada is still under the queen so I doubt the UK would stand back and watch and Quebec and France have strong ties as well.

The U.S would use it's ingenuity to solve it's problems but if all else fails then desperate people will do desperate things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join