It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton To Serve 2 Years as U.N. Envoy (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Bill Clinton former United States president has been given the position as the top U.N. envoy. As the U.N. envoy Mr. Clinton first goal will be promoting recovery in countries that had been damaged by tsunamis, he will also demand accountability for the billions donated by individuals and countries.

www.washingtonpost.com
Clinton's goal is to work for the tsunami victims he met on his first trip to the region in February as a U.S. envoy with former president George H.W. Bush and make sure "we leave these people better off than they were before this horrendous event occurred," Bowles said.
Clinton is scheduled to make his first public appearance as a U.N. envoy Wednesday.
He is to meet with Secretary General Kofi Annan for the first time since his appointment was announced on Feb. 1, and they will hold a news conference, U.N. spokesman Stephane Dujarric announced Friday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I would be interested to see where and how this 7 to 12 billion that was raised for tsunami-hit countries is being spent.
I also wonder what’s in it for Slick Willy, I just don't trust politicians of any strip who offer there help, there always seems to be a catch somewhere for someone or some corporations, guess I will have to wait and see what floats to the top.

[edit on 11/4/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I give this story a yes vote, but I would like to see you elaborate a little in your concluding paragraph. Also, you might be getting some "bias" votes, might want to fix it up a little. Nice find!

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
SO would Bill have to work with Boltan on any issues? I wonder what the former president thinks about Boltan now that he is nominated as a US Envoy

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This was announced a long time ago: www.abovetopsecret.com...

join