It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Points for a Button Clicky????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Did you know that it cost you 10 ATS points if you click the "SEND ALERT" button on an ATSNN submission???

Why would someone be penalized for sending an alert to staff that a current event may warrant an ALERT Status?

If we have breaking news, and a staff member isn't right on top of it to upgrade it, we should be able to let them know that , "Hey, this here story is Breaking News!"

I can understand docking a member 10 points for a false alarm, but not 10 points right out of the chute.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This coming from someone with 132793 popints.

This is to make sure you believe the story to be important, rather than spamming alerts for every story.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I did that once, my mouse was acting screwy and I accidentally, clicked that button. Oh well was only 10 points.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
This coming from someone with 132793 popints.

This is to make sure you believe the story to be important, rather than spamming alerts for every story.

Glad to see you counted my points, cause I usually don't

So if the system stays as is, then those with less may be hesitant to click it.

I've got no problem with docking someone for a false alarm, heck make it 250 for a false alarm, I just thought that it was a bit prohibative to "charge" someone for trying to do a good thing.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
Did you know that it cost you 10 ATS points if you click the "SEND ALERT" button on an ATSNN submission???

Why would someone be penalized for sending an alert to staff that a current event may warrant an ALERT Status?

If we have breaking news, and a staff member isn't right on top of it to upgrade it, we should be able to let them know that , "Hey, this here story is Breaking News!"

I can understand docking a member 10 points for a false alarm, but not 10 points right out of the chute.

wow...

GOOD find...

i didn't know this...

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Ditto.

I had no idea this was in place, it's a fantastic idea in my opinion, good call SO.

top topics

join