It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Political Correctness is all about FEAR and SELF CENSORSHIP.

Conformity.

THE THOUGHT POLICE
WE ARE THE THOUGHT POLICE

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
it needs to be done away with!

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Trying again. My first post was sent to a different thread.

Wake up, folks, do we want to raise our children to believe everyone gets along and we are one big happy family? Perhaps we should teach our kids that everyone does not share the same sanitized opinions and that they should learn to live in reality, not in some P.C. utopia.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
P.C. = Communism!

"and thats all i have to say about that" -Forrest Gum

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 03:22 AM
link   
F.A.O. all non-euro people.

Did you know that here in the EU
banana's must be straight and a certain length.

We don't have manhole covers anymore they are inspection hatches or some such name.

We no longer have black boards in school we have chalk boards.

The childs nursery rhyme 'Baa Baa Black sheep' is now 'Baa Baa Blue sheep' - I've never seen a blue sheep!

I am not allowed to hold a door open for a woman without the potential of being accused a male chauvinist pig does that mean I should allow the door to shut in the faces of women but it's okay to hold the door for men?

No longer allowed to tell jokes about religion, size, ethnicity, sex well almost anything. I think it's still OK to take the p#ss out of your yourself and beliefs but for how much longer?

Although it's mainly here in UK we actually follow legislation the rest of EU seems a bit more sensible.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnb
F.A.O. all non-euro people.

Did you know that here in the EU
banana's must be straight and a certain length.

This can actually be an easy way to limit pollution for instance. Straighter bananas, less transport. Fewer truckloads of bananas, less air pollution. Makes sense to me?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Couldn't happen in Queensland, home to OzChris and others.

There would be major industrial unrest due to the looming unemployment threat to all the banana benders.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Couldn't happen in Queensland, home to OzChris and others.

There would be major industrial unrest due to the looming unemployment threat to all the banana benders

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This is a Democaracy, where the majority rule. PC is a way for the minority to rule. Wait, a democracy is where majority rule, so that is how it should be. But PC allows minorities to play the victim and sue or cry discrimination at the drop of a hat. Like the wrestling thing, she wanted to be one of the guys, but when she was, she got you in trouble, for then she was one and wasn't a victim.
(alright, shoot me for this, but George Carlin, here we go)
Or the whole manhole cover-personhole cover, mail man-mail person, and others. Or you say something that offends one person, but 80 others find funny, the one person can sue and win if you have a PC world. Chicken f*(ker$ don't like why did the chicken cross the road jokes, so better not say them or you will offend all the chicken f*(ker$ out there and be sued.

Then, discrimination when maj to minor, but reverse discrimination when minor to maj. Sorry, it is just plain discrimination. As said, grab a girls butt, sexual harrasment, girl grads guys butt, ask for her number and see if she has any plans for later that night. A white calls a African Heritage Oriented American Citizen male a Jungle Bunny, gets sued for racist crap. A African Heritage Oriented American Citizen male calls a white a cracker, white guy gets yelled at if he says he is offended by that remark. Also, Hispanics have taken away the saying "I want this place spic and span when I get back." For they took offense of the spic part, even though it didn't refer to them in any way.

O course, Jesse Jackson and the rest of the PC Pushers are ready to sue at anything. Plain coffee, not black coffee. Asphalt top, not black top. African Heritage Oriented American Citizen car, not black car. African Heritage Oriented American Citizen crayon, not black crayon. I know the last two were fiction, but still, I am waiting for it. What about poems? "I looked into his dark black evil heart, hoping that somehow, somewhere, a part, a lovely part, will come out and show him the way." is now I looked into his dark African Heritage Oriented American Citizen evil heart, hoping that somehow, somewhere, a part, a lovely part, will come out and show him the way."

I'm sorry, the blacks I know want to be called black, and call themselves black, not African Heritage Oriented American Citizen that Jesse Jackson wants them to be called.

Joke here. A African Heritage Oriented American Citizen male walks into a shrinks office. "Doc, I have a problem." he says. The shrink sits up and asks,"What is wrong?". "Well, you see shrink, my great grandfather was negro, my granfather was colored, my father was black, and I'm African American." Says the African Heritage Oriented American Citizen. The shrink looks at him and says."What's the problem?" The African Heritage Oriented American Citizen looks at him and says."Well doc, what will my kid be?"

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Wetbacks used to be called "illegal aliens," then it was changed to "undocumented workers," now on TV news they just call them "immigrants."

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Really? It is offensive to call someone an illegal alien? It pretty much describes them. That is a bit much. Good to see another Chicagoan, btw.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Undocumented workers? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I smell BS!!!

Anyways, wetback? What about desert hare? Use to be a type of fuzzy little bunny, nowadays it's a illegal alien from Mexico. Coon use to be an animal, today it is a African Heritage Oriented American Citizen. Coloring books use to be coloring books, nowadays Jesse Jackson is trying to get rid of them and replaced with "Shades of the Rainbow" books.

Well, PC sucks, discrimination sucks(period), and well, being a major sucks, we say a word, we will be sued, why? It insults someone. Heck, say love and the broken hearted will sue for love hurt them and you talking about it hurt their feelings.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
"So often, when I say what I believe, someone pigeonholes me as �intolerant.� I wish I knew what to say when that happens.�

..a question I oft asked myself and a question I'm sure a lot of you reading this ask as well..just some food for thought..

www.boundless.org...

Another take on PC from a different point of view..

"There are several problems with the late twentieth-century notion of political correctness, in which euphemistic words are used to communicate meanings with which people are otherwise uncomfortable. We are all familiar with the evolution of the labels placed on us as blind people. Over a relatively short period we have linguistically mushroomed from "the blind" through several stages to "individuals who are visually impaired." The primary problem with the notion that it is not politically correct to call us "blind" is the clear implication that blindness is not quite respectable, that it requires apology or disguise. It implies that blind people are inferior because of our blindness."

www.nfb.org...

just an edit to add another interesting article on the "PC" agenda..and lables..

mtprof.msun.edu...

"No wonder people who subscribe to liberal social and intellectual ideals, who abhor race prejudice, fear being branded with the scarlet "R."

Since the term carries so much social opprobrium and can hurt a person's private life and public career, it should be defined clearly and used cautiously.

We have now reached a point where the term can be used, usually without explanation or justification, to stigmatize any policy, statement, symbol, statistic, outcome, word or expression that any minority member does not like."

[Edited on 13-8-2003 by astrocreep]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join