It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where do you end up once you have entered a black hole?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
If a black hole is a supermassive condensation, then if you plummet to a black hole, and pretending you can survive the 'fall', you'd fall to the solid center of hte black hole and be crushed and for the most part completely destroyed. Maybe, at one point, you'd be spewed out as Hawking Radiation, and some astrophyscist would get their doctorate for measuring your being emited.

But thats about it.

apc

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Way back in junior high school (erm... 92? 93? somewhere in there) I came up with the idea that after a black hole ate so much matter and energy, it reached a critical mass, and breached the fabric of spacetime, unloading its matter/energy payload into a forcibly generated universe. A mini-big bang (or maybe not, maybe each one is supposed to be smaller than the previous) if you will. I even wrote it down along with some ideas of how it could be possible to survive the trip beyond the event horizon (if space is bent, so are you.. kinda..) and the patterns of reality and whatnot.
A few years ago I read an article discussing infinite universes existing within our own definition of spacetime, and this very same idea of critical mass was presented as another possibility of the multiple-universe idea. I thought it was pretty interesting that it was an idea that was really taken seriously.

Who knows.

> heh on review I dont know what prompted me to post that.. I think something about adding mass to the singularity... 5.0 owns me.

[edit on 12-4-2005 by apc]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
IDK, read Stephen Hawkking, he explains stuf well.

One must realize if it is a wormhole, where is the exit? So all those stars would come out somewhere, and this would be a massive amount of energy..... Also, Light Photons have no mass, and gravity doesn not affect things without mass, so how does a BH work? Hawking explained using a rubber mat and bowling balls/marbles and such, but still strange.

My answer? Squashed like a bug under a 4 mile wide comet going half the speed of light when hitting said bug.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I found a page that I think explains how photons are affected by gravity, but im not sure since im not an astrophysicist

anyway, here it is:

www.johnkharms.com...

[edit on 12-4-2005 by Lord Axalon]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
A black whole is created by the collapse of a star in on itself, black holes do not suck things in as u would expect or as u have seen on movies, they have very little sucking power actually, every mass in space has a force that draws things toward them, this is called gravity, and once u enter a black whole u would not survive, the simply are just large crushing machines, we see that they end at a point because this is how compact it makes matter that enters it, so if u were to enter a black hole your death would be inevitable.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
you would return to the singular energy and wait for the next big bang. A black hole is a large drain of expired cosmic energy waiting to be re-issued in the next big bang cycle. IMO every black hole is connected at their point of sigularity. That is why you can not go around to the back side of a black hole or even see around it. Since a black hole can exist in any vector that we can precieve yet every end point of every black hole meet at the same place in space time. The "fabric" or blanket like Stephen says can not be taken as a convetional 2D surface where the mass of each object deflects the blanket in a proportionate amount. Thus if you where to look at the side of the blanket, objects with mass but still positive to the fabric of the universe would appear to float above the surface of the blanket yet leave a dimple in the blanket below them, this is the gravity deflection of the objects mass in the universe fabric. Objects like a black hole exist in the negative to the universe fabric pull the fabric down like dropping a heavy ball bearing into the fabric this creates the typical cone illustration of a black hole where even light can not escape since the very essence of a black hole is negative to the universe. BUT the fabric does not exist as a simply 2D fabric, Space appears infinite only because we do not know the pattern for which space is connected. IMO if you were to know all the known locations of black holes and connect their end points together you would have a virtual road map to the universe. The universe does indeed fold back into itself and light must also fold along with it, thereby making what we think maybe a light source thousands of light years away could actually be closer if you were aware how to navigate along the folds. You see you do not need an external source to fold space to "jump" between point A and point B the folds are already there it is just a matter of knowing where the "crest" of the fold is and in what direction it flows.

For the "thing" or person riding on the fold the transportation across the fold would be instaneous bringing you to the next fold, some folds probably terminate into free space, while others continue on for many more connections. But for observers the time the "thing" took to go from point A to B on the fold would be the same as what we think the measured distance is ie , 1,000 light years, to the observer would take 1,000 light years for the observe to "see" that the thing made it to point B. But for the thing it could have taken only "x" number of years dependant on the things ability to travel at a given speed to the fold lines. Because the "thing" would physically be over 1,000 light years away, the information of the thing being at point B would have to travel along at the speed of light, while the folds of space operate outside of the realm of time as they are not in a linear aspect to what we preceive as the construction of the universe.

think of the universe as a very complex origami design, you can mark two touching spots with ink, but when you un-do the design they may be radically apart and even on opposing sides of the paper.

You would not survive in any form, going into a black hole your energy and matter becomes assimilated into the universe.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
IDK, read Stephen Hawkking, he explains stuf well.

One must realize if it is a wormhole, where is the exit? So all those stars would come out somewhere, and this would be a massive amount of energy..... Also, Light Photons have no mass, and gravity doesn not affect things without mass, so how does a BH work? Hawking explained using a rubber mat and bowling balls/marbles and such, but still strange.

My answer? Squashed like a bug under a 4 mile wide comet going half the speed of light when hitting said bug.
Gravity most certainly does affect things without mass, including photons. Gravity is a curvature of spacetime itself. Even Newton's theory predicted this, though he was off by a factor of two.

Anyway, when you fall into a black hole, you get turned into Hawking radiation, and when that happens, my homeboy, MC Hawking, will lay down the rhyme'n'rhythm at your funeral.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
hey think of it like a big sucky drainpipe in your bath. the universe is your bath and the black hole is the plug hole (lets say yur bath is about empty so only the puddles are left. if a puddle were to go too near and fall in)

although now that i think of it where does this intergalatic drainpipe lead???

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88

Uhh, the Intergalactic Sewage System? Help Wanted.

Just because an analogy works as an explanation doesn't mean further explanation can be gleaned from the analogy, especially if you go backwards.

I vote you end up in a really, really small dot.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
hey think of it like a big sucky drainpipe in your bath. the universe is your bath and the black hole is the plug hole (lets say yur bath is about empty so only the puddles are left. if a puddle were to go too near and fall in)

It leads back into the universe. As has been said before, whatever enters the black hole gets turned into Hawking radiation. Hawking radiation is the result of the black hole completely destroying the information* about anything that enters. If a black hole ends up with nothing to suck in, it will eventually dissipate and disappear, with all of its mass having been turned into Hawking radiation. If it were any other way, then the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics would be violated, and I'm not sure I want to know what would happen then.

*Yes, I know, there's some dispute about what happens at the quantum level since this violates some laws about quantum physics. There is speculation that some quantum information is preserved. I don't know the details, though.

[edit on 4/15/2005 by supercheetah]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
if a black hole dissapears after a while because it has nothing to consume then is it technically a living life form?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Undergroundpunk
if a black hole dissapears after a while because it has nothing to consume then is it technically a living life form?

No. Thermodynamics cannot be held responsible for the creation of life.

Although it helps.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Nope If you read it right Hawkings Radiation is not the expellsion of the mass but a signature of the mass consumed and thereby still contained within the black hole. Hawkings radiation happens at the event horizon the very last minute before the mass is consumed and compressed into the sigular mass at the center of the black hole.

the following is a physics work through in regards to relative figures of Black Holes

once these factors are known then the following peculiarities about a black hole can be shown:

FREQUENCY of black hole:
hertz = Hz = 1/s
( c ^ 1.45 ) / h-bar / ( 10 ^ 3 ) = 1.854871869 * ( 10 ^ 43 ) Hz

...a huge number of vibrations per second

PRESSURE ,or FIELD STRESS of black hole: pascal = Pa = kg/m/s^2
( c ^ 2.8 ) / ( 10 ^ 12 ) / ( h-bar ^ 3 ) = Pressure > 10 ^ 100 Pa

...tremendously off the scale greater than 10^100 Pa

POWER, RADIANT FLUX of black hole:
watt = W = m^2*kg/s^3
( c ^ 2.9 ) / ( 10 ^ 6 ) / h-bar = 3.628306226 * ( 10 ^ 52 ) W

...again a tremendous number , 2.4 * (10 ^ 50) light bulbs going all at once.

SURFACE TENSION of black hole:
newton per meter = kg/s^2
( c ^ . 9 ) / ( 10 ^ 9 ) / ( h-bar ^ 2 ) = 3.828127761 * ( 10 ^ 66 ) N/m

....again this is a very large amount of pressure on the "skin" of the Planck mass. But the really strange discovery using the new form of Planck mass as a fractal of light speed is the formula concerning the specific heat capacity of an object:

SPECIFIC HEAT CAPACITY, SPECIFIC ENTROPY..Mp black hole
joule per kilogram Kelvin: J/kg = m^2/s^2/K
Kb / Mp = 6.343589597 * ( 10 ^ - 16 ) J/kg

...this is just the Boltzmann constant divided by Planck mass...!!!! This is an extremely simple relationship, one that hasn't ( I don't think) been seen before...showing the radiation, although very tiny, of an entropic black hole showing a very, very, very, slow death almost infinity like, as far as time scales. ( Hawkings radiation ???)..or looked another way black holes live almost to infinity...

J.Iuliano

Taken from www.rgrace.org...

[edit on 22-4-2005 by robertfenix]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'd say you wouldn't even die from the gravitational pull of the black hole. If a black hole has a gravitational so immense that light cannot escape it then ou're going to be traveling faster than the speed of light. When you hit the core of the black hole then you're body will just crush from the impact.

A black hole is a star that has fused to complete iron and has no hydrogen left in it's cycle to keep burning, so it collapses. In such small amounts of matter there is so much massive mass that it obtains a very strong gravitational pull.

Greater Mass= Greater Gravity

So by saying in the afterlife, you would be correct. If not in the after, you would just be dead. You wouldn't freeze in time because then you would have to traveling at the speed, E=mc2, this would mean you would expand and become more or less infinitely large and your bodies organs would be like the galaxies of a new expanding universe.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Very interesting. If nothing, even light, can escape from black holes, then how in the world did we discover them? The galaxy is pitch black and... arnt black holes well... black? How do we know that blackholes do what they do? (suck things in) Have we seen planets or asteroids getting sucked in? Do black holes grow?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Right on balon0. The way to see something you can't see is to see it affect other things.

"Oh, look. That stuff is all falling into that empty space. Really fast. Hmmm, it's almost as if there's a massive amount of gravity right at that point. OH SNAP! Light being bent? Lemme check this... Yup, it's heavy." (paraphrased)

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Right on balon0. The way to see something you can't see is to see it affect other things.

"Oh, look. That stuff is all falling into that empty space. Really fast. Hmmm, it's almost as if there's a massive amount of gravity right at that point. OH SNAP! Light being bent? Lemme check this... Yup, it's heavy." (paraphrased)
That's actually not too far off. They are able to infer the existence of black holes from objects around them. An object can simply be affected by a black hole's gravity as long as it doesn't touch the event horizon (i.e. the point of no return).

Much of science is based on inference through indirect evidence.

For example:
For a while, scientists had difficulty seeing planets around stars (most stars don't have planets), but they were able to infer their existence by way of their gravitational affects. Planets like Jupiter can make stars wobble due to their enormous gravitational pull. These inferences are now being verified by much more advanced telescopes that can see planets like Jupiter.

There's a black hole at the center of our own galaxy that all solar systems (including ours) orbit around.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetahThat's actually not too far off. They are able to infer the existence of black holes from objects around them.

That was sorta the point. And by sorta, I mean exactly.
RPing++

All observation is technically seeing by seeing other things interact with the thing you're supposedly looking at. This is that on an immensely large scale.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join