It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where do you end up once you have entered a black hole?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
could you please find some info on this topic and post it in to me

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Try google. You could find your own info on this topic.
But I think you become one with the black hole.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Maybe a black hole is really a Nexus......and you wind up 'elsewhere' in your existance on one of the timelines of posibilities?

Personally, I have never been near enough to a black hole to 'go' inside one so I do not really know I just watch Star Trek.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I woudl seriously doubt that you would survive the gravitational pull of an blackhole, you would probably get pull to atoms or something.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Toldeo Ohio.

Nodoby knows really. Anyone who says they know, is pulling your leg.

Speaking of pulling your leg, thats what would happen to you at first.
As you descended, closer and closer, gravity would begin to pull your body,
pulling harder and harder, until you were "spaghettified", or pulled into a long thin stream of atoms.

My money is on "nowhere", that is until the black hole
becomes immense enough to tear a hole in this Universe..Maybe you would become part of the Big-Bang, of another universe?

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I remember reading an article a few years back about entering black holes. What struck me as odd is that once you hit the rim, your image is frozen kind of like taking a photo.

Here is a quick link to "Falling into a black hole"

origins.colorado.edu...

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I dont know the answer to this, but im up for jumping in and having a look. Anyone with me?

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Im guessing youd end up somewhere in the afterlife most likely

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
For an external observer, your fall onto the black hole will take forever.

As to what happens next (assuming you don't worry about the tidal forces that will tear you apart), there is some fairly formal math describing that, but it's way over my head. It can be modeled such that you will indeed be in another universe.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
lol, yeah most likely, I would maybe like to go through a wormhole, but I wouldn't be caught dead around a blackhole, hey I think seeing a star go supernova up close would be more tempting at least I'll go out with a bang( PUN intended) I think most people are confussion blackholes with wormholes more scientist think that if you would even survive going through one it would most likely be the wormhole.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
what a previous poster said about your image being frozen... yeah, its call the event horizon and supposebly you can't see anything beyond that from outside, its kinda like the 'sonic boom' of light. when the gravitational pull is faster than light can go.

they are strange but yeah, chances are if you did end up anywhere else it would be in the form of trillions of atoms, unless things somehow found there way back together on the other side, which i suppose is entirely posible.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
As PD suggested, you'll be wherever your preperations for the Hereafter takes you. Before then, you'll be crushed into a tiny speck.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
me would think the White House

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tongues of fire
me would think the White House

or maybe the secret vatican vaults

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Where do you go when you enter a black hole? Very good question indeed. My best guess would be that upon entering the black hole, you or whatever vehicle you are in at the time will be streched on an atomic scale. If you can envision a new deck of cards you will notice that straight out of the wrapper they are in numerical order and also suit order. Now my guess is that just as you enter it, everything is pulled apart in a long line of atomic particles in the order in which it was assembled. In other words, point b. would not come before point a. At this point, the vehicle, you, or the pet dog would still have mass but it may or may not be reckonizable. I would think that everthing would still be everything, but it's resemblence as to what it was, may have been altered forever or maybe it will come out of the other end in a reverse order. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
personaly, i think you would wind up under the couch cushins. that would explain why when you put the keys on the table, they wind up there, minerature black holes everywhere!

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Eventually every atom of your body will be ripped to the size of quantum particles and you will end up resting on the surface of the sigularity adding an infitesimal bit of mass to the black hole. Of course there is the whole relativity concept and who knows maybe if you survive the tidal stresses of the event horizen you might opne day be pulled out my some future technologically advanced human civilization

apc

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Im guessing youd end up somewhere in the afterlife most likely

Too many unknowns and conflicting theory to speculate on what would happen once beyond the event horizon, but you would be dead long before you got that far.

If the black hole were rotating, you would start experiencing cintrifugal forces as you got closer and closer to the horizon. If you were standing upright, perpendicular to the horizon, you would feel your head stretching upward, and your feet pulled downward. Eventually the difference would become so great you would be ripped in half, and then ripped in half again, and again, and again. All this quite sometime before, if ever, you reached the event horizon.

Now if the black hole were not spinning, the spaghetti theory works well. Your feet would have more gravity acting on them than your head, and your entire body would be stretched out (also probably tearing in half) due to the immense differences in gravity over just a few cm... you could have 2 or 3 times Earth's gravity acting on your head, and 20 or 30 times acting on your feet. In either case, you are without doubt very much not alive to find out what happens once inside.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
What does entered mean? Because you are currently under the influence and therefore "in" every single black hole in existance (and even some that aren't in existance).

As Aelita said, once you passed the event horizon, it would look to everyone else as if you took an infinite amount of time to fall. After that, there's no way for information to travel to the rest of the universe, so as far as anyone or thing is concerned or can determine, you are instantly part of the singularity.

Look up Schroëdinger's Cat.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
i think you just get squished into oblivion

top topics

<<   2 >>

join