It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Manhunt in South Carolina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. — Police have issued a nationwide alert for a man they say killed two people and sexually assaulted a teenager along South Carolina's Grand Strand in less than 24 hours.

A former prison inmate who wrote a book about his time in jail, 37-year-old Stephen Stanko (search), is accused of shooting and killing 74-year-old Henry Lee Turner of Horry County, police said Saturday.

Turner's body was discovered early Saturday when witnesses called police about a car in his driveway. The car belonged to a Murrells Inlet woman who was killed Friday morning.

Georgetown County (search) Police are seeking Stanko in the strangulation death of Laura Ling, a 43-year-old librarian with whom Stanko shared a home.

Early Friday, a teenager told police she had been sexually assaulted by Stanko.

www.foxnews.com...

Police think Stanko took Turner's black 1996 Mazda B2300 pickup, with S.C. license 709 PYJ.

He is 6 feet, 3 inches tall, 192 pounds.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If I walked by this guy, I'd never notice him, nor remember him one bit.

It reminds me, I'm sad to say, of Ocean's Eleven. "Be funny, but not too funny. Make an impression, but let him forget you." (paraphrased)

Perfect way to get away with something.

JAK

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
If I walked by this guy, I'd never notice him, nor remember him one bit.

An old art teacher of mine told us that a good tip when drawing faces is, should you be able, to view the image upside down. This apparently allows, through the different perspective, the brain to focus and realise prominent features that otherwise might not be as noticable:

Jack

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
An old art teacher of mine told us that a good tip when drawing faces is, should you be able, to view the image upside down. This apparently allows, through the different perspective, the brain to focus and realise prominent features that otherwise might not be as noticable

I'll take that into consideration.
I can remember faces when I've met the person, but a picture has always been useless to me.

top topics

join