It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and India Form Partnership (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The People's Republic of China and the Republic of India have signed an agreement that not only ends a 53-year-old dispute of the China-India border which was highlighted by a war in 1962, but also opens the door for expanded diplomacy and economic interests between the world's most populous states.

www.cnn.com
The pact, reached Monday in New Delhi, calls for diplomatic relations, economic ties and contribute to the two nations "jointly addressing global challenges and threats," a joint statement said.

Relations between India and China, who fought a bitter border war in 1962, have "acquired a global and strategic character," it said.

The agreement came after talks between Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao and Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and other government leaders.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I find this an incredible story. How often is it that two of the world's most populous and powerful countries, contrasted by the fact one is a liberal democracy and the other is an unspecified authoritarian government, get together and form a partnership such as this. Especially considering the rich culture and history behind these two nations, his sort of partnership is truly unparalleled.

One thing I found quite interesting in the news was the bit on the progress of India's IT prowess and China's ability to develop computer technology. This could indeed put the two nations at the forefront of the development and implementation of advanced technology.

One thing to consider, though, is how America will respond to this. This pact strengthens both China and India, but only threatens America's economy and security even more. Especially in situations such as Taiwan, it'll be interesting to see how India backing up China affects the U.S. position on (particularly) Asian matters. One thing is for certain, and that is that Asia is starting to rise to the top.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
NVM Someone beat me to this story before me. Just barely beat me there.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
By an hour and half

You posted your opinion in the other thread. I thought it looked familiar

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
lol good thing for both country!

new topics

top topics

join