It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: China and India form 'Strategic partnership'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
China and India have announced a strategic partnership which will bring together 2.3 billion people to boost trade and economic cooperation. "India and China can together reshape the world order," said Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Sing. The news ends the countries previous suspicion and mistrust which stemmed from a long standing border dispute. The "India-China strategic and cooperative partnership" as its known states that the deal is "for peace and prosperity".

news.yahoo.com
NEW DELHI - India and China, the world's two most populous countries, agreed on Monday to create a "strategic partnership" in an effort to end their longstanding border dispute and boost trade and economic cooperation.

The agreement signaled a significant shift in relations between the two Asian giants after decades of mutual distrust and suspicion.

"India and China can together reshape the world order," Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said after a welcome ceremony for his Chinese counterpart, Premier Wen Jiabao, at India's presidential palace.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

When a third of the worlds population get together they can do almost anything. They can sink economies at a pen stroke if they so wished. This partnership is no suprise but heralds the biggest change to the face of global politics since the fall of the Soviet Union.

Looking at it with peak oil in mind we can see 4 distinct factions formed to vie for the remaining natural resources we have left. Russia, the United States, European Union and now the mega faction of India-China (Indochina). Conspiracy theorists will have a field day over this move and I dont blame them. It really is a sign of things to come. The balance of global power is shifting and who ever has the most land and people will eventually win.

The leaders have even stated that the plan is for "jointly addressing global challenges and threats." Can there be any clearer way of sending a diplomatic shot across the bow of the United States short of using actual ammunition?

China has the clout to attack both Taiwan and Japan. With this plan we can see that if the United States intervenes that India can march on Pakistan and on to Afghanistan then to the Middle East if they wished. The American army is the most sophisticated in the World but it doesnt have the man power to win a non-nuclear war with both China and India.

India is also a nuclear power now and the transference of nuclear weapons and knowledge from China would tip the scales in India's favour when it came to a confrontation with Pakistan. Its clear as a bell now why America announced its 'special relationship' with Pakistan and rubber stamped its attempts to gain US military technology and jets whilst dragging its heels as far as India was concerned.

Very very interesting.

Other links:
Sales of F-16's to Pakistan would start an arms race - Russia
F16 to Pakistan - Impact on India-US relations
Weapons sale cause tension
China to support India's permanent UN Security Council Seat
US and China both support India's permenant UN security council seat

[edit on 11/4/05 by subz]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The balance of global power is shifting and who ever has the most land and people will eventually win.

Russia verses the Unites States did not end that way.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Actually, if you read the writings by futurists, or trend predictors, the next big alliance is in east Asia.

Japan-China-Unified Korea.

I know that sounds far-fetched considering the anti-Japan protests in both China and Korea but if you ask the average person on the street, they would tell you that they care very little about those protests.

In fact, ironically, many people in China that filmed the protests and called for boycotting Japanese goods filmed them with Cannons and Sony's. In Shanghai, people laughed off the boycott.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The Cold war was a war of ideology not for resources. This didnt come to military blows but ended not so much by the United States winning but more Russia's losing. If you get what i mean

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I saw Thomas Friedman on the Charlie Rose show and he said that Japan has something like 40,000 manufacturing facilities in China. I think that maybe the protest was staged due to the American and Japanese new military alliance pact with potential consequences for China over Tawain. Article

So we are starting to see an increased focus on the Asia arena. The US wll most likely sell India the F-16 fighter in hopes that we will have India in our Alliance if push comes to shove.

The Russian American cold war was also about land (resources). Both sides needed resources in order to maintain their countries.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
But the fact still remains that it never came to military blows so a direct comparison between what happend in the Cold War and my comments of "whoever has the most land and people will win" doesnt work.

You cant win wars by air superiority alone. At some point in time you'd have to invade and theres an awful lot of China to invade and controlling Iraq's paultry 20 million people is straining the US military. Imagine what controlling 2.3 billion people would do to it.

[edit on 11/4/05 by subz]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

But the fact still remains that it never came to military blows so a direct comparison between what happend in the Cold War and my comments of "whoever has the most land and people will win" doesnt work.

The US and Russia did in fact come to military blows. North Korea was one of them. Russia sent part of its air force into combat against American forces. I understand your point in that we did not engage in all out combat, we just fought each other inderectly. We supplied the resistance fighters in Afghanastan and they supplied the VC and North Koreans.

How bought who has the most money and firepower wins. The US is in control of the world bank has the best military and has more allies than china and india combined.

You cant win wars by air superiority alone. At some point in time you'd have to invade and theres an awful lot of China to invade and controlling Iraq's paultry 20 million people is straining the US military. Imagine what controlling 2.3 billion people would do to it.

It is true that air power does not win wars by itself. Iraq is not a war like WW2 in which the gloves came off and it was all out war. America did not go into Iraq to conquer the Iraqi people. If we wanted to we could have reduced Iraq to ruble, killed all of the males that we saw and would not have had the problems we face today. If we fought China we would take the gloves off and would not have the same types of problems we have in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I find this an incredible story. How often is it that two of the world's most populous and powerful countries, contrasted by the fact one is a liberal democracy and the other is an unspecified authoritarian government, get together and form a partnership such as this. Especially considering the rich culture and history behind these two nations, his sort of partnership is truly unparalleled.

One thing I found quite interesting in the news was the bit on the progress of India's IT prowess and China's ability to develop computer technology. This could indeed put the two nations at the forefront of the development and implementation of advanced technology.

As for the matter of dominance and conquest, I think the U.S. is seeing what happens when you become obsessed with only two parts of the world. The U.S. has been so infatuated with Europe (in the Cold War) and the Middle East now that they've forgotten that there is Asia, East Asia in particular, to contend with. Then again, that's a good thing.

I've always believed a war between China and the U.S. would come over Taiwan, and never actually go onto China or America. However, how does the U.S. stance in this matter change, now that India is batting clean-up behind China? I almost feel like this forces the U.S. to back off slightly and go obsess in the Middle East some more.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The only blimp in China-Indian relations is the 62 war.

Prior to that, both countries enjoyed decent relations, in fact, Buddism in China originated from India and is the biggest religion in China. Pretty much everyone in China is Buddist, even Jiang Zemin.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Yet I still get a U2U stating that this story is "Not Right" for ATSNN

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I voted yes, this is the type of story that I want to talk about.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yes, you get a yes vote from me, as well. Even though this story was broke yesterday, you have a different angle on it
. The other story focuses on the alliance of the tech industry between India and China and gives some statistics, as well. Good job! Here is the other story:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Actually just to state the fact, 92% of all Chinese people are Aethiests (people who do not believe in God or Religion), the rest 8% are spread out in Islam, Budhism, Taoism, Confuscism and so on.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
as an indian,i must say i'm glad to hear about this and i'm sure so are the chinese.the only ones here seem to sweat till now are the americans.the shift of power might happen finally though this is just one of the many steps involved i must say.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
charon, what part of India do you live at? What is the general view of Americans in India? What is the level of your countries recent economic development due to US companies investing in high tech areas? I am talking aobut companies such as IBM, Cisco and Microsoft setting up campuses in your country. If there was a war between China and the US what side if any do you think India would choose?

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
...and a yellow race shall dominate the earth.

Scares the cr*p out of me...

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Cant do any worse than us whites have. More power to them I say

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This is why humanity is always fighting and at war with each other. Because people like who assume this kind of alliance is a move to take over the world, or fight for resources or have power over another. Instead of thinking about how the war might be, lets all think about how much better the world would be when these two nations become alot more developed and are able to bring the resources and labor power of 1/3 of the earths population in order to unite humanity. If I am not mistaken both of these countries are developing their space programs deeper now are they not? The U.N. should create a new branch for interstellar research and travel where the U.S., the E.U. and now the India and China alliance can bring all of their resources together for the purpose of better things?

This alliance is a sign of things to come, it shows that the world is starting to get along and unite. Think about it. What like 30%+ of the worlds population now have a common alliance. Then you factor in the populations of the U.S. and the E.U. together and we have almost a united world under only a few aliiances. In a few more decades when the developed technologies of China and India come into play I do not doubt that the world will be alot more peaceful. There wont be any war over Taiwan or India taking Pakistan. I think eventually the Europeans will be able to convince the American leaders that the world has common goals for peace and that the war machine and need to fight is unecessary in order to progress as a species. Because it is obvious us American citizens are not doing a good enough job of convincing our leaders ourselves.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
Actually just to state the fact, 92% of all Chinese people are Aethiests (people who do not believe in God or Religion), the rest 8% are spread out in Islam, Budhism, Taoism, Confuscism and so on.

Actually, just to state a fact, you are TOTALLY, TOTALLY wrong.

en.wikipedia.org...

Buddhists 72%
Muslims 11%
Protestant Christians 10%
Catholic Christians 5.10%
Taoists 1.5%

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
ah, but that depends on how long China can remain a unified country. Historically it is a fragmented nation, only held together by a regime perfectly willing to sacrifice lives to keep things under control. That strenght is weakening. Typically China fragments into smaller nation states that war with each other. Many who have lived in China see the Communist government failing, and China following it's typical historical cycle.

With China, you have to get out of the American/Western mindset of social cycles being in the decades and boost them out to 50-100 years. China's been through this, back and forth between dynasties, emipres, and autonomous states, a few times.

When China shatters, which part will ally to India? Which will turn to the Middle East? Which to the West?

China may then become the next Vietnam, with outside influences turning the place into an economic and ideological battleground. Scary.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join