It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow to host US-Russian defence missile exercise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   

MOSCOW, April 11 (RIA Novosti) - A joint Russian-US theater missile defense exercise will be held here April 12-23 at the Russian Defense Ministry's No. 4 central R&D institute.

This exercise aims to coordinate operations by headquarters of tactical (non-strategic) air-defense and missile defense units in shielding a third country's facilities from non-strategic ballistic missiles during joint combat operations under the auspices of international organizations, reports the Russian Defense Ministry's press service.

en.rian.ru...

This is intersting, could this be some precursor for joint US-Russian operations in the near future; possibly in the Middle East and South Asian theaters ?

[edit on 11-4-2005 by rogue1]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Don't really understand this one.

Can't see any common interest between the two currently, anywhere in the world.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
More than anything else I see this as a strong message to North Korea.
Russia doesn't want a nuclear wild card like Kim Jong Il in power anymore than the US does.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Bios hit the nail on the head. North Korea.

But lets not forget about the finacial part of this too. Putin isnt stupid. He doesnt agree with Dubya on everything, but he certainly see's the value in a stronger US/Russis relationship. Russia needs the money.

I am encouraged about this.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
political rhetoric aside... ties between the two countries are still good

Putin and Dubya have a lot of common views, it's in both countries interests to work together. A few weapon sales here and there... both countries are guilty of double standards... it's all part of the dirty political game

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
im not so sure i like this, US and Russia would never fight each other, but i think any info that russia can gather from a joint US-Russian exercise i think russia would sell it off to China, Since Russia supplies China with about everything else to Help them out,

So whatever Weapons sales Russia and US will have between them will eventually go to China,

And it wasnt all that long ago That Dubya went to Russia and Putin said that he Agreed that Iran Should not have a Nuclear Facility, but then like a month later Russian and Iran Signed a deal where Russia was going to help them Build a Nuclear plant, Im not so sure i Trust Russia on this.

I could be wrong though, ive been wrong lots of times in the past but thats just my 2 cents on this

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm 50/50 on this because it could all be a front from Russia to have a little peek into our antimissile defenses, or it could be a genuine exercise that sends a message to N. Korea.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I'm 50/50 on this because it could all be a front from Russia to have a little peek into our antimissile defenses, or it could be a genuine exercise that sends a message to N. Korea.

Or could it be a message to Iran

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Or it could be a secret plot to take over the world...

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Or could it be a message to Iran

I don't think so Russia is helping Iran build its reactors. Unless the ruskies are planning to backstab Iran, I don't see how it could be a message to them,

[edit on 11-4-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I don't think so Russia is helping Iran build its reactors. Unless the suskies are planning to backstab Iran, I don't see how it could be a message to them,

Mabye they are just playing "sit on the fence" helping both sides is good because you dont make enemies.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Devil I think your right, maybe they are worried of an Iranian retaliatory attack on Russia for not intervening if anyone attacks Iran.

top topics

join