It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children of the Law of One: The Lost Teachings of Atlantis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
how can anyone take you seriously
if someones claiming to have links to your organisation theyre nuttier than you are
i saw an advert for Zen alarm clocks on the page you linked to amongst a load of other already proven rubbish new age trinkets
naming yourselves after a fictional city that was destroyed for not being enlightened is no advertisement either

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Thanks for these links slave, I truly find all of the materials useful and in fact, possible!
Atlantis will always remain a big mistery to common people while there is probably a lot more information somewhere on the top of the hierarchy, information that is not avaliable to us.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Marduk I feel your curiosity on the subject of the cheesy website/sell techniques they use, but then again everything ive read in that book seems to fit in place with all the research ive done on ancient civilizations/spirituality/ and online research.

So all though I felt skepticism about the CLO I believe the words that were said in the book to be true. Have you ever just not felt right going to church for what ever reason, and listen to the pasture / rabbi give you their interpretation's of jesus/buddah/ala's words... After learning about our past and how religious organizations have used that ability to manipulate the people to their will made me think twice about trusting a church or other such organizations.

So I guess what it all comes down to, is this. Put all the monkey bs aside and ask yourself was it a good read ? Was the CLO book a good read and make you feel that you can become better as a person, and make you want to become more unselfishly loving to others? If so why does it matter if there is a TM on it or they are selling bracelets that may or may not help with pain and healing (LOL). Who are we too pass judgement on such things. Plus does it make it easier to understand spirituality, and bring a prespective of how our everyday life was like Jon's in the book and that struggle for the truth.

At the very least give the book a read before you judge it by its cover and website ;-) you never know it might strike a cord and give you insite to what ever religion you pratice now, AND put another prespective on ways to unselfishly love.

Last thing - I would suggest buying and reading the books Jon Peniel has written just for the great read putting everything else aside. His books keep you fascinated and wanting to read the next chapter, as any good writer does, and he still has me buying online books from him just because I like his writting style. So GLHF AND read or dont read its your choice but in my opinion its worth it.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mhuss
So I guess what it all comes down to, is this. Put all the monkey bs aside and ask yourself was it a good read ? Was the CLO book a good read and make you feel that you can become better as a person, and make you want to become more unselfishly loving to others?

Let me ask you this: If someone makes you feel good about yourself by telling you a pack of wild and outrageous lies about yourself (and lying about your abilities) will this truly make you a better person?

Particularly when you can't live up to those lies? And then maintains that all the lies are true and anyone who tells you different is a fraud?

If so why does it matter if there is a TM on it or they are selling bracelets that may or may not help with pain and healing (LOL). Who are we too pass judgement on such things.

Actually, these kinds of lies-about-person are things often presented in motivational seminars. Because the inspiration isn't actually completely true for the listener (but is told convincingly), the listener 'reforms' for about a week or two and then goes back to old habits, resulting in a real crash in confidence.

Plus does it make it easier to understand spirituality, and bring a prespective of how our everyday life was like Jon's in the book and that struggle for the truth.

What kind of spirituality is based on faith in lies?

Last thing - I would suggest buying and reading the books Jon Peniel has written just for the great read putting everything else aside. His books keep you fascinated and wanting to read the next chapter, as any good writer does, and he still has me buying online books from him just because I like his writting style.

It will, unless you happen to read a lot of books on the subject or read philosophy or religion (not religious books -- books that discuss religion from a philosophical point). In that case, his books are full of aggravating loads of pure ... well... "hogwash" and you'll want to find Peniel and kick him several times for being uncritical about his sources and for making things up.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by slave
Orbital Life - The Relationship Pattern of the Universe

www.atlantis.to...

... “The next great key can also be seen with atoms and solar systems. It is their orbital pattern, their orbital relationship. It is the one primary pattern that exists in the Universe.

This is utter BS and shows a missunderstanding in atomic structure! Electrons orbit in a "cloud" and can be anywhere at anytime (even to the point of seeming to be the same place at the same time). Planet's orbit stars in defined elipses... Hope that wasn't Atlantian knowledge. This just drives the point home that the people writing this stuff don't know squat and dont care!

Originally posted by slave
...area were the monetary was located.

Haha: Freudian Typo! It all comes down to the monetary location in the end (hint: not in YOUR bank account).

How many times do Byrd and Marduck have to say it "there was no Atlantis"!?! They almost always go on to point out that only Plato ever wrote about it, and that bronze age Athenians kicked Plato's Atlantis' butts.

"I heard they went to war with Lemuria" laughable, utterly laughable. The contenent of Lemurs... So who won? The Losers who are so high tech and peaceful that when they invade a bronze age civ they get beaten back to the Atlantic, or the suicidal Pacific Prairie Dogs?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I feel like the debate mode right now lol. lets get it on.

HOGWASH/ATLANTIANS/RELIGION/JON PENIEL/SCIENCE

Now that I got the capitals out of the way lets get down to the nitty gritty.

Ask youself what is science, is science proof of anything other than theories that are constantly being changed and tweaked to fit the eye of the beholders knowledge? Yes. So in essence NO ONE KNOWS for sure wether the science we hold today to be true or not, because one day some brain will discover a new theory or mistake in the present science.

Atlantians in this book are hogwash no proof of anything that they existed. Something called faith... Did jesus exsist do we have proof where is his body? What about aliens did they really visit earth a long time ago, once again nothing can be proven so why bother wasting ur energy on it.

Lets take a look at Jon Peniel are the words in his book good or bad? or does he talk about both. Maybe but this is why you must take the good and release the bad information given, this is something called analyzing we have been doing it for years with the bible other books, teachings, and philosophical texts. So why even bother? Well sometimes people want to better themselves by reading silly little books like the bible, and koran, and CLO because people are trying to find examples of living life in a unselfish way.

Let me ask you guys are you happy or unhappy about the book?
I suppose your unhappy because you believe everything in the book is quote unquote hogwash. Maybe so maybe not based on opinion and faith in each person. So do you wish to be a happy person or a unhappy person? And is reading this book and forum making ur life a better one or not? If it isnt then why argue about it?

Now im glad people are expressing opinions about it thats AWESOME and thats there right but! Its not anyones place to judge a book as hogwash or bs because no one really knows.

So one more thing before I end todays post. I wanted to thank "Slave" for posting about this book because it gave me an oportunity to expand my spiritual knowledge and seek more into peoples ideas on spirituality, and take the good and release the bad.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Maybe there was an Atlantis, which held more knowledge than we can muster. Just maybe human history is alot older then those who believe in science think? Maybe by perhaps 100,000 years at least. Maybe dinosaurs and humans lived on the planet at the same time....

The thing is, until Atlantis is found with a huge neon sign saying 'welcome to atlantis', the scientists etc around the planet won't believe it.

If you believe in the prophecies of Edgar Cayce, Atlantis has already been found, but we just deny it through ignorance. What we should do, is launch a professional attempt once and for all to find it. With modern sonar equipment, details of the ocean floor can be taken to prove or disprove claims. If thats too costly, we can always read another Prophets detailed accounts of his vision of Atlantis, its structure, spoken lanuage,it's people with the strange hair, God worship and demise.....

Many people thought he was mad, till he spoke about the reminants of the Atlantians meeting the Hopi Indians, which is deep within thier religious beliefs.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mhuss
Its not anyones place to judge a book as hogwash or bs because no one really knows.

It cant be judged as hogwash or bs but you can judge it as a great read.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm glad the thread is still kicking around,

I somehow lost the (slave) username. It was not the best one I ever came up with anyhow.

I had not looked at the Lost Teachings book for awhile, but upon reading it again. It has rekindled a desire to see others at least know it exists.

It has a profound message, and looked at as fiction or otherwise it is some of writing I have come across.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
good documentary on Edgar Cayce

video.google.com... part 1

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
For anybody that doubts the science-magic. I suggest you try for yourself the meditations and feel the universal life energy for yourself. The Energy of the Universal Spirit is Chi the most powerful energy, people should learn these exercises to feel Spirit. The other way to get familiar with Spirit is by giving unselfish love. This is what we should do.

"If our thoughts are not accompained by unselfish love
can what we are thinking be correct"

Well i just happen to think that there is only ONE, You are the only one, I am the only one, Everything is the only ONE. Therefore There is really no information to find out. If you question the ONEness of the ONE. you are acctually questioning yourself. looking in on your own life, slowly focusing more and more on the self until you come back to the One wich is you unfocused.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Until Jon Peniel can prove the claims in his book, I consider him a fraud and charlatan. If he would simply PROVE his accomplishments via an autobiography with credible sources, all criticisms would become moot. In fact, if he did come forward with definitive proof of his life story, it would be one of, if not THE, greatest story of any one man's life. But since he is unwilling to come forward with proof of his training in Tibet, working extensively with The Moody Blues, Neil Young, The Beatles, John Lennon (including the song "Imagine"), invited to be a Grammy Award judge, his academic research at UCLA and other institutions, etc., all he really has to show for his life is an ability to conglomerate new age/spiritual material and make it clear and easy to read -- possibly catering to the uneducated new age market.

For those of us who have been through college and beyond we have learned the tenets the LTA presents, and more, in our philosophy, humanities, other related classes, and through life itself. We've also learned about true science and how experimental proof is king. Peniel expects us to instead "feel the truth" without providing and real, provable, physical evidence of *anything* he professes. Of course, if you have doubts or concerns and approach him with them you're chastised and considered "lower consciousness" because you can't "feel the truth". This type of teaching is an earmark of a cult leader and described extensively in Singer's book (more on that below).

I think Jon Peniel truly DOES want to live the utopian lifestyle described in the book and lives by the teachings he presents. However, this lifestyle treads on delicate ground because the CLO does accept "students" under Jon's authoritarian direction. In fact, many techniques used by the CLO easily pass many of the criteria of being a cult. Marget Singer's (UC-Berkeley Emeritus Professor) book, "Cults in our Midst". It's is a GREAT book and you will find many parallels between the CLO and destructive cult behavior within it. One of many examples is the Star Exercise (talked about above by some people in this thread and is highly touted by the CLO). The Star Exercise is just a form of hyperventilation which many cults commonly employ in different ways. There's absolutely nothing spiritual or profound about it, it's just simple hyperventilation which can cause tingling, fainting, euphoric feelings and other symptoms.

Additionally, I believe part of the "real story" of Jon Peniel is that he was born in LA and at some point came in contact with the Source Family, which was a popular cult in the 60's in the LA area. He was known as "Zoroaster" within their group, and played guitar in their band. Check out www.yahowha.org... for more information on the Source Family. Also check out their newly released (2007) book and DVD documenting their history -- very interesting. Interestingly, the back of their book says that they are confident that one of their former members who left the group in 1971 -- Zoroaster -- a great guitarist, wrote the Lost Teachings of Atlantis book using Source Family history (i.e., no hidden Tibet Monastery, etc). It seems Peniel used the utopian Tibetan setting as an allegory for his time spent in the Source Family. Jim Baker, the "Father" of the Source Family is most certainly the "Zain" Peniel describes in LTA.

As of right now nobody knows who "Jon Peniel" is. We don't know his real name, we don't know where he is located (the CLO changes location every couple of months) we don't know if his book is truly non-fiction because of the lack of proof, and Peniel has resisted to divulge any corroborating information under the guise of "the teachings are what matter". That is a big red flag to me. You can't have it both ways.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by jbond007]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Thank you Jbond007 for a valuable contribution to this thread

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Originally posted by Byrd

The three things they describe are the id, ego, and superego.

Or if you were stupid enough as a teen in the 70's to study the "I'm OK/ You'r OK" hippie crap of the day you would know them as the Parent, adult and child ego states......

Not that I would have done such a thing.....Well, I might have. The 70's are still kinda blurry to me. I blame the disco balls..... (among other things)

Love and light,

Wupy

Disco Balls??? Yikes!
Now that IS scary... I blame the Punk Rock myself...

Jimbo

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mhuss

'At the very least give the book a read before you judge it by its cover and website ;-) you never know it might strike a cord and give you insite to what ever religion you pratice now, AND put another prespective on ways to unselfishly love.'

What makes you think he practices ANY religion? There are many aethiests on this board... Proudly so at that.

Jimbo

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
As someone who has met and spent time with Jon I might have some insight into the mystery that surrounds him. I read his book in the fall of '98 after getting into Hoagland, Stitchen and the like. After a very long and odd string of "coincidences" my ass was on a plane wondering if was being guided by some higher force or being mind controlled by HAARP. (I was very disturbed by HAARP at that time... hehe.) I was kinda surprised that this topic was on ATS because I never see the book in stores and had to order it direct when it was still in print.

I wasnt really looking for "truth" or a "spiritual path", but thought the book looked like an interesting read. It couldnt be any crazier than ancient-genetic-engineering-shape-shifting-giants from another planet so I gave it shot. For me, the information in book was a revelation because it presented a viable theory. Whether you want to label it "Universal Consciousness" or "Enlightenment", I had never heard of this idea/concept before and it immediately caused a shift in my perception of the world at the time. The idea that one could be "all knowing" or "firing on all cylinders", to live without doubt, regret, or remorse was a novel idea... far from the "you're sinner, doomed to hell, unless you come up here and let me touch your forehead" religion I grew up in.

The whole time I spent around Jon (around 6 mos), he seemed very "normal". He never levitated, blinked his eyes sideways, or dematerialized. He seemed to just really love people and wanted them to love themselves as much as he loved them. He had an incredible insight into people and from what I experienced, and never gave an opinion that wasnt asked for. He loved music of all kinds and I heard great stories of his guitar playing abilities, although I never saw him play. Listening to and talking about music was one of the things that happened frequently while I was there. He liked movies and thought they were great for communicating hard to teach concepts like humilty or regression. He liked "The Matrix" and was surprised the movie made it to theaters. In the 6 mos I spent around Jon and his family I can only say I saw Jon once or twice a week on avg.

He appeared to live by the tenets he wrote about; compassion, unselfish love, and harmlessness. I cant attest to whether he was a reincarnated-enlightened-teacher-from atlantis via tibet via LA. I mean, he had "students", does that make him a teacher? I know he didnt give out ID cards, nor have any waiver for you to sign. That, I am sure of. I dont know of any Source Family or Ya Ho Wha ties.

From my experience, the people that that seem to respond to the material, do so very intensely. Good or bad, Jon had a way of affecting people, and he supposedly touched alot of peoples lives. There is a screenplay being put together about his story, which makes sense being that it sounds like a movie to begin with. We could find out from the celebrities themselves if said contact or influence is true or not. Regardless if his story or relationships turn out to be be true, people are still going to believe what they want. A celebrity attaching themselves to "new age" material is far from new.

Is he a fraud? Are the teachings hogwash? Well, IMO, a fraud is someone who wouldnt buy what they sell. Jon doesnt fit that decription. He wrote a book, got it published, and "practiced what he preached". He had a daughter who didnt seemingly didnt associate with him nor practice her fathers ideas. He had two sons and family of students that he lived for and cherished. When I met him I decided to not bother with the atlantean details, or the monestary, or tibet. I figured if he didnt consider them important enough to prove, but was still willing to take the time and have a dialog with me, and hundreds of other people through the years apparently, for no charge... what the hell! He had a great sense of humor, and I hold alot of dear memories from my time with him.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
apaara,

Out of curiosity, why did you leave Jon's group?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I used to be totally obsessed with Atlantis. I've read Cayce, Law of One, & a few others. The book that I got the most out of, is called:
"Voices Of Our Ancestors, Cherokee Teachings From The Wisdom Fire"
by Dhyani Ywahoo
Dhiyani is a "lineage holder" meaning that her family passes down the history & learning to the younger members, These are teachings from the oral tradition in a manner of presentation that is very different from the linear, analytic European style. There are many similarities between the Cherokee worldview & those of Chritianity, Judaism & Buddhism.
The Cherokees trace their origins from the Seven Dancers, also known as the Pleiades. These Star people came to earth in Elohi-Mona, later known as Atlantis. The islands & civilizations of Elohi Mona/Atlantis were eventually destroyed through the arrogance & ignorance of those who abused the sacred power, seeking to control & enslave others. They went against sacred law, became enmeshed in the material world. instead of seeking to educate & enlighten, they sought to manipulate & opress.
***do we see a repeat of this today???***
When Atlantis sunk, it caused mass migrations & people settled in groups in different places-Cherokees, Iriquois, Mayans, Incas.
These teachings go back 10,000 years. This book is an actual recording of history. I recommend it to all who are interested in Atlantis & ancient teachings.Another one is "the Book Of The Hopi" by Frank Waters.
check it out-let me know what you think!!!
akasha

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jbond007

I went and left for the same reason... I wanted to. It felt right. I do not know any other way to explain it. IMO people like Jon are/were living torches of knowledge. Shining light on those who can see it, and sounding off to those who can hear. Some see a fool or a fraud, and to them, the information is clearly foolish or fake. Others see something different and thus, they get something different.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
From just having read the book has had a transformative effect on my life, it is nice that you have met with the CLO and found they walk the walk, so to speak.

From having read the book , and drudging through reams of material afterward, trying to expand in detail on the info given in it, for Peniel to 'prove himself' is against the point of the book.

It is there to simplify and remind us of basic truth, and above all to rekindle a flame in the heart. I let the die out for a short time recently, but I feel it coming back

thanks again apaara for that post

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join