It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children of the Law of One: The Lost Teachings of Atlantis

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If Peniel was so much Knowledgeable than Plato, and had direct first hand information on Atlantis, why did he have to resort to quoting Plato or referring Plato to prove or put a point across, on Atlantis??

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11
Jon Peniel is a much more direct source than Plato.

Plato relayed a story that he heard from a man named Solon, who had learned of it from an Egyptian priest. Yet Plato, was not an egyptian priest and neither was Solon.

Quite a trick, this, since Solon died before Plato was born.

Harte

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
A few more sources backing JP's account with independant corroboration......

The Buddhist legends of "Shamballa". This also corroborates JP's account of learning at "Shargung La". They're in fact the same place.

James Hilton wrote a book called "Lost Horizon" which took place at "Shangri-La", and although it was written as fiction, those sensitive to truth know it was based in reality, and this also confirms the LTA as well as the Buddhist legend of Shamballa.

The Hermetic teachings state that when Thoth came to Egypt and built the Great Pyramids, other atlanteans, his "brothers", went to Shamballa in Tibet and retreated there.

So now we have Plato, Ancient buddhists, James Hilton, the teachings of Hermes, Edgar Cayce, the Hopi, and JP/LTA, all independantly corroborating each other.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Hollywood11]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Jon Peniel is a much more direct source than Plato.

Plato relayed a story that he heard from a man named Solon, who had learned of it from an Egyptian priest. Yet Plato, was not an egyptian priest and neither was Solon.

Quite a trick, this, since Solon died before Plato was born.

Harte

Or he heard it from his grandfather who learned from Solon, so maybe there's a few more people in there. It's irrelevant however, as the point is the same. Plato is not a direct source.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill
If Peniel was so much Knowledgeable than Plato, and had direct first hand information on Atlantis, why did he have to resort to quoting Plato or referring Plato to prove or put a point across, on Atlantis??

I am not aware of JP quoting Plato or referring to him, or using him as an authoritative source for anything.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Can he show you the original documents that the LTA comes from?

I mean really....

This is the mentallity alot of people who are only interested in worldly things have, and this kind of things is what they want to see....

Something like that is so precious. It is not meant for the world and scientists to molest and "Study".

Things like that have to be kept and preserved only by those who are the most trustworthy and won't let the ordinary society dissect or molest it.

Documents from Atlantis are only for those who will use them for what they are meant for, to develop spiritually and become a better person. To use such a thing for "proof", or to prove something to someone, is very wrong and is disgraceful.

And the monastery was destroyed in 1990 anyways.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollywood11

but Jon Peniel, since he learned in the Tibetan lineage that was descended directly from Atlantis, knew all about it, everything about it, while conscious.

Then why did he lie about what Plato wrote?

Its in the LTA

but Jon Peniel, since he learned in the Tibetan lineage that was descended directly from Atlantis, knew all about it, everything about it, while conscious.

Oh, so I guess he told you that? Okay can he tell you where to find a single Atlantean pottery shard? I mean they must have carried food from 'Atlantis' while fleeing, so what did they carry it in?

You are heavy on belief Hollywood, got any V E R I F I A B L E facts that proves that JP knows what he says he knows and isn't just a new age con man?

The key word is verifiable, no word of mouth or things you've been told to believe.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Then why did he lie about what Plato wrote?

Its in the LTA

No it isn't, JP never misrepresented or lied about what Plato wrote.

If you are referring to it being a "technoligically" advanced civilization, Plato did his best to describe exactly what someone of his time would consider technologically advanced in the best way he could.

It's just that Plato himself even, had no idea how technologically advanced it really had been, he just knew it was more powerful than any ever known at his time.

The fact is Atlantis is indeed a controversial subject in the scientific world and there are many competing theories. Santorini, Crete, Canaries, Cuba, Bimini, Malta, Thera, Tantalis, South America, and many others have been linked to Atlantis by scientific researchers. One thing is for sure though, it wasn't just a fairy tale or made up political story.

got any V E R I F I A B L E facts that proves that JP knows what he says he knows and isn't just a new age con man?

The key word is verifiable, no word of mouth or things you've been told to believe.

Now as to proof that you can understand........the proof is not to be found in a pottery shard.

Yes we have verifiable proof, we have the actual lineage, the actual traditions, the actual practices, and the actual teachings.

One thing that we know for certain that is ancient, in many lands in many areas of the globe, is spiritual traditions and especially monastic ones. If you knew anything about spiritual monastic traditions I don't see how you could think the LTA is modern, new age, or made up. It is clearly an authentic ancient lineage.

The LTA of Atlantis is the orginal source that all religions and spiritual traditions descended from, even ancient ones, and even ones that historically were not made public until recent times, good luck on faking that!!!!

The older and more authentic a lineage is, for example, Buddhist, Taoist, or Yoga for instance, as opposed to religions strictly based on scripture that have been altered or watered down with the meditation aspects missing, the closer to the LTA it will be. The more ancient and more preserved a lineage is, the closer to the LTA it will be.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The fact is Atlantis is indeed a controversial subject in the scientific world and there are many competing theories. Santorini, Crete, Canaries, Cuba, Bimini, Malta, Thera, Tantalis, South America, and many others have been linked to Atlantis by scientific researchers. One thing is for sure though, it wasn't just a fairy tale or made up political story.

Hans: No Atlantis is theory long since dismissed due to a lack of evidence. Your 'scientific researchers' aren't terribly scientitfic and Atlantis remains a myth - but you say you have proof but won't share. Why not give us the physical proof?

Now as to proof that you can understand........the proof is not to be found in a pottery shard.

Hans: Actual the proof for Atlantis could be found in a shard – but you don’t have one.

Yes we have verifiable proof, we have the actual lineage, the actual traditions, the actual practices, and the actual teachings.

Hans: Merely words made up in modern times, can you prove otherwise? I would recommend you look up the word verifiable.

One thing that we know for certain that is ancient, in many lands in many areas of the globe, is spiritual traditions and especially monastic ones. If you knew anything about spiritual monastic traditions I don't see how you could think the LTA is modern, new age, or made up. It is clearly an authentic ancient lineage.

Hans: Then show us this authentic ancient lineage. Show us a mention of this tradition in Chinese writings - by name

The LTA of Atlantis is the orginal source that all religions and spiritual traditions descended from, even ancient ones, and even ones that historically were not made public until recent times, good luck on faking that!!!!

Hans: Okay show us the original source documents, anything but made up modern words. That would be easy to fake as you know what religions are made up of.

The older and more authentic a lineage is, for example, Buddhist, Taoist, or Yoga for instance, as opposed to religions strictly based on scripture that have been altered or watered down with the meditation aspects missing, the closer to the LTA it will be. The more ancient and more preserved a lineage is, the closer to the LTA it will be.

Hans: As noted Hollywood you present nothing but opinion that cannot be verified. Your problem is you are trying to use faith to prove science is wrong. You cannot do that, only science can prove science wrong. Your made up stuff isn’t science, just faith.

You have no evidence at all except for what you’ve been told to believe.

What accent does Jon Peniel have? You've heard him speak haven't you?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Jon Peniel, since he learned in the Tibetan lineage that was descended directly from Atlantis, knew all about it, everything about it, while conscious.

There is nothing in any Tibetan records or mythology that is in any way connected to the story of Atlantis.

Hence, your messiah couldn't have possibly "discovered" he was "descended directly from Atlantis" in Tibet.

Harte

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Hans: No Atlantis is theory long since dismissed due to a lack of evidence. Your 'scientific researchers' aren't terribly scientitfic and Atlantis remains a myth - but you say you have proof but won't share. Why not give us the physical proof?

i wonder if hans is calling the romanian national institute of geology a poor science organization? is hans that bold? does hans even have a job?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

There is nothing in any Tibetan records or mythology that is in any way connected to the story of Atlantis.

Hence, your messiah couldn't have possibly "discovered" he was "descended directly from Atlantis" in Tibet.

Harte

You aren't realizing that the majority of Tibetan traditions are secret and not known to westerners or historians anyways.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Harte

You aren't realizing that the majority of Tibetan traditions are secret and not known to westerners or historians anyways.

Hans: So if they are secret and not known to westerners ....how do you claim to know them? Remember Tibet was 'open' until 1950.
Haven't you noticed an odd thing about everything you say, its always unprovable, or there is some thign that just kinda prevents us from having any evidence of it, always, every time.

So how come the Dalai Lama doesn't know about this marvy stuff? Let me guess, he's keeping it secret while the westerner Jon P sells it on the internet??

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Why would he quote Plato? Obviously, to link the story of Atlantis to someone who the current world would be familiar with. It is not done for the reason of proof...however, one has to admit when many sources reveal the same thing, it does tend to make one curious and want to check it out, does it not?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Again all you do is preach in long strings of meaningless words. I know you think you are saying deep meaningful things and from a new age point of view they might be, from my point of view it is someone desperately trying to hide from the deception her belief has taken them into.

Yes it was a long post. Completely meaningless, no. You think that virtues of human decency, like kindness, true caring & compassion were just pulled out of thin air during the wave of ‘new age’? Jeeze, you must be really shut down to the goodness within.
And sorry no, I am a male. Again you go with assumptions. Quite typical of archeologists so I hear. No wonder there's a missing link.

When the superior man hears of the Atlantis
he immediately begins to be skeptical of it.

Oh hale superior sceptic, bring us a sign oh worldly one, but make it physical and preferably in a shard, and if not, I won‘t believe you……..lol

Parta was right, you do think you’re superior!!!
Definitely an “electron tiger”
Pitiful

[edit on 31-1-2009 by satellite]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Haven't you noticed an odd thing about everything you say, its always unprovable, or there is some thign that just kinda prevents us from having any evidence of it, always, every time.
and
Why not give us the physical proof?

Seriously, do you really expect to ‘dig up’ physical evidence on a forum? You’ve been given explanations to your challenges, but it’s like ‘water off a ducks back’ for you. It doesn’t fit with your beliefs, so you throw the baby out with the bathwater.

So if they are secret and not known to westerners ....how do you claim to know them? Remember Tibet was 'open' until 1950.

Don’t you take in anything Hans? CLO/LTA and the mentioned Tibetan traditions haven’t been available to mainstream society, including mainstream westerners or historians. Only particular persons can & would be exposed!

So you are claiming, or you are stating that JP can read all the people’s minds in the world? Hmmmm how new age. Con men do have the power to tell people nonsense and if those people just believe everything they say they can get away with it.

When I ‘checked out’ JP to see if he was the real deal, I returned home a different person. I was on a chat board and regularly posted, and even those people stated that there was something quite different. Yet I didn’t know that this could happen, JP didn’t tell me, and I didn’t speak with other 'students' about any of this stuff. So what Hollywood wrote is true, JP is no con-man. The CLO teachings are very real. Life changing.

Re JP’s languages, I do know that he spoke English, Tibetan and Sanskrit, but that’s just from my limited experience and exposure.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by satellite]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hans wrote

Please note Satellite that you were arguing the LTA case and challenged us to read it. We did and pointed out the obviously, easy to verify errors in just the first pages. Which, and this is important, you refuse to look at or consider.

Well I could say that I meant to write ….originally, I didn’t come here to argue the LTA case, just to provide a little info on… but that would be BS.

I guess you could call what I originally wrote a kind of Freudian slip, but more importantly, is evident of the space I was in at the time, ie: resentful of having to deal with such interactions on this forum, and thus resentful of my learning experience. It's definately a negative space, & that’s not good for me, or anyone. I can do better than that. I will do better than that.
Thanks for the reflection Hans.

See how it works?

What are you meaning exactly re what I refuse to look at? Are you meaning how my post was different to Hollywoods?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
its quite understandable..when a person who is worked into a corner without quarters for escape, naturally they fight back...without looking left and right.

In the case of satellite and hollywood, inspite of being asked for solid evidence rather than a book or proove evidence to back whats in the book.....which they are unable to do ....they feel cornered and just like jerry in a corner, they fight back.

better luck next time, ...come prepared.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

jeez core. i attempted to validate your opinion on atlantis and you ran away. i attempted to do the same with hans and he ran away. and harte, he didn't run... he did the fester shuffle.

are you all not prepared?

there are three types of people on the planet
those that know they know
those that know they don't know
and those that don't know they don't know.

since there is no such thing as category 1 any longer, you and hansy and the like are forced to make a choice. ease quietly into category 2 where all the smartest and best connected people are now flocking or stay in category 3 where you've been all your life.

category 2 is having a big party, might want to stop by.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join