It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HoW MuCH US TRooPS aRe PaiD ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This is really pathetic, i didn�t know that those people which are suposed to defend our country, and put their lives at risk at any time are treated and payed like that.
And those are the peons of the cabal to control the population? I hope they give them more from now on , otherwise when NWO will come most of the soldiers everywhere will just simply quit. Just check this out:

US soldiers' conditions in Iraq

American soldiers in Iraq are coming under attack
With American soldiers serving in Iraq suffering casualties and fatalities on almost a daily basis, BBC News Online's Lucy Jones looks at their conditions and pay.
Basic pay:

A private - the rank of Jessica Lynch who was captured by the Iraqis but then famously by American special forces - gets paid between $1,528 and $1,824 a month, if they have served between three and four years in the military.

A captain serving up to six years could get paid up to $4,069 a month. Generals serving 20 years get paid $11,847 a month.

But on top of basic pay there are a number of allowances.

American soldiers receive a housing allowance, which depends on where they live. They also get paid a basic allowance for subsistence of $242 a month. However, soldiers in Iraq do not get this, as food is provided.

Hazard pay:

With the threat of injury and death ever present, US soldiers are entitled to hostile pay. That amount when the war began was $150 a month. Now, it has been increased to $225 a month.

Holidays:

All soldiers accumulate two-and-a-half days holiday for every month worked - amounting to 30 days a year. The average American gets two weeks of holiday a year.

Free time while on duty in Iraq:

Free time depends on a soldier's unit.

Personnel working in the United States Central Command (USCC) in Baghdad can usually take one day off a week.

A GI will usually work eight hours a day but a mechanic - when there is nothing do - may find he has a lot of free time on his hands.

There is not much for an American soldier to do in Iraq. They are confined to the "green zone" - an area defined by barbed wire the size of which depends on where they are serving.

The public relations section of USCC is located in a wired-off area which covers about two miles (3.2 kilometres) but sometimes this area can comprise just a couple of streets.

"There's nothing much to do except perhaps write a letter. Some play with a football. Others play pocket video games," a spokesman for USCC in Baghdad told BBC News Online.

Alcohol is banned.

Communication with home:

Most soldiers do not have access to telephones or the internet. Communication with home is solely by letter.

Soldiers can post as many letters as they want a week for free but packages have to be paid for and are censored.

Packages containing food can be received from friends and family.

Daily chores:

Soldiers have to perform latrine duties and clean their living quarters daily.

They will also from time to time be responsible for collecting water and food supplies.

Showers are rationed. Many soldiers are allowed one shower a week.

Rations:

Soldiers generally are given two Meal Ready Eat (MREs) a day, plus one hot meal which is usually breakfast or dinner.

The Source:
news.bbc.co.uk...

[Edited on 22-7-2003 by CoLD aNGeR]

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
And if you think that's pathetic, maybe you'd like to read this thread as well, I posted it a long time ago and went at it with our loving Freemason..but you'll get the point

Mags

*Good post, kind of surprised you haven't got more replies then just me*

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
And if you think that's pathetic, maybe you'd like to read this thread as well, I posted it a long time ago and went at itwith our loving Freemason..but you'll get the point

Mags

*Good post, kind of surprised you haven't got more replies then just me*

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I actually remember that thread, interesting, anyway the families of the war victims are always the one paying the worse part of all, specially widows of generals and stuff like that, they really get the worst part of all, not enough money, no husband and a family broken...
And all that to serve a country (without questioning the order u get) for kill innoncents, to get that salary risking your life daily, and then be treated as sh*t....

What really pisses me off, is that those soldiers are the responsable for the willings of the leaders, so they aren�t guided with their faith or their willing to defend their country, they are guided by a groups of maniacs with a real Psico agenda,
and they are the ones to keep this society as it is or even worse, them and also the MP and the Normal Police.And if they even are being treated like that what�s next?
Really pathetic...

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
When did the leave amount change? I received 1 month off a year, not including 3 and 4 day passes granted by the company.

Also, while figuring in money, figure in the food, the housing, and medical/dental care. Heck I though it was great, I was 18 years old when I went in, all my needs taken care of and had a pretty good chunk of spending money every 2 weeks! On top of that I had the opportunity to continue education on Uncle Sugar's dime, whenever mission dictate allowed.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoLD aNGeR
What really pisses me off, is that those soldiers are the responsable for the willings of the leaders, so they aren�t guided with their faith or their willing to defend their country, they are guided by a groups of maniacs with a real Psico agenda,
and they are the ones to keep this society as it is or even worse, them and also the MP and the Normal Police.And if they even are being treated like that what�s next?
Really pathetic...

You are exactly right CA!! The thing that pisses me off is that all we as outsiders know, is what we read and depending upon if you trust it or believe it, that's really all they give civilians to go on..but I can assure you and everyone here whose never served, you have got to not believe all that is written about the military..what a flat out joke. And yes it's very sad and very pathetic, sometimes I really think that the men/women are getting so fed up that I foresee a war amongst them in our own country, or some kind of strike. I could bitch for days about all this CA, I just *feel* for the military deeply..
Magestica

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
When did the leave amount change? I received 1 month off a year, not including 3 and 4 day passes granted by the company.

Also, while figuring in money, figure in the food, the housing, and medical/dental care. Heck I though it was great, I was 18 years old when I went in, all my needs taken care of and had a pretty good chunk of spending money every 2 weeks! On top of that I had the opportunity to continue education on Uncle Sugar's dime, whenever mission dictate allowed.

Don�t know, when was the last time u were in the military?
Because know is about what the article says, even in US is a lot more than most of the countries in europe...

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
americans are so spoiled

some countries consider it a luxury to have a roll of toilet paper and fresh water...and we bitch about how much spending money our troops get.

they choose to defend....they get a free top knotch education...( some get answers to questions we frequently beat our head on our keyboards over ) housing, medical, food, respect.

the problem is within our appreciation for the simpler things in life. Instead of being so hung up on materialistic things...how big is your house, how pricey is your car, where did you attend school.

they get more then enough to serve.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kitty
americans are so spoiled

some countries consider it a luxury to have a roll of toilet paper and fresh water...and we bitch about how much spending money our troops get.

they choose to defend....they get a free top knotch education...( some get answers to questions we frequently beat our head on our keyboards over ) housing, medical, food, respect.

the problem is within our appreciation for the simpler things in life. Instead of being so hung up on materialistic things...how big is your house, how pricey is your car, where did you attend school.

they get more then enough to serve.

A Soldier doesn�t get what he deserves, and is not just money, but get a shower once a week while u have to be in the desert is more than greedy, or that no possible contact way with their families (suffering everyday thinking about their son, or husband etc).
And the income they get for risk their lifes daily...
Many things more, do u think after what they do, and the headache people gives with sentences like
"Support our Troops" that they get what they deserve?

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I would love to make 1528 a month. The military seems great, you get free housing and free food so what are you going to spend that money for? When my dad was in the Air Force he never spent any of his money he just kept all the checks in his sock drawer until he left. Think how much he had saved up after 4 years.

Plus you get good health benefits and tuition assistance.

Sounds great the only catch is you are government property and if war breaks out they ship you wherever they need you. At that pay, it does sound bad and you could easily, well most people could easily, get a job in the private sector paying the same but no free food and housing

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
shyt, not enough brotha.

trust me on this one. me ma is staff seargent, and we still livin tough. it's crazy.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hmmnn.....In the desert, it is the US Air Force who have all the luxuries.

I am deployed right now in the desert (Right below Iraq) and I live in a dorm with one other roomate. I shower everyday, and I have access to cable television, internet/email, as much phone time I want on the AT&T phones, provided I have enough phone card time to use (DSN lines we're allowed two 15 min. phone calls a week), play billiards and other amenities.
Some of the Army, Navy, and Marines have those privileges based on the Air Force's good graces. We even have Air Conditioning when it is like 150 degrees outside.
We don't live well, but at least we're treated as well as possible. On the bright side, I'm going home soon.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hey Magestica...nice to see you're thinking of me

I'll still stand behind it, the soldiers are paid plenty.

Problem is Public Schools do not teach people how to manage their money and a soldier is in a position to either waste it all...or bank it, something a civilian doesn't really have the option to do.

The only issue that'd seem relevant is where the soldier is staying, because some parts of the country are MUCH cheaper than others, such as the south.

But Thatoneguy has the idea, a soldier needs to better learn how to just bank what he's paid...because he is in the position to do so.

How many of us are?

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Try a little decent leadership
Posted: July 22, 2003
1:00 a.m. Eastern

� 2003 David H. Hackworth

Suddenly, the big breaking headline shocker is that our line soldiers in Iraq have a major morale problem.

Except that anyone who's plugged in knows that military morale is lower than today's interest rates � and not just in the Iraqi desert, but pretty much right across the black-boot board.

"Why? Aren't they all volunteers?" you ask. "Why don't they just shut up and do what they signed up for?!!"

The answer's a no-brainer: We've tasked half the force we had in 1991 with twice the missions. More than 500,000 GI Joes and Janes are deployed in 120 countries. And a chunk of rubber or a military force can only be stretched so far before it snaps. That's what the troops are trying to tell us � that they're getting to the breaking point.

While there's no easy solution, a good beginning would be more leaders who know and love their troops enough to put their welfare ahead of their own stars and bars. Truth-tellers who are unafraid to lay their careers on the line and stand up to dumb, uninformed decisions such as SecDef Les Aspin's refusing to send tanks requested by a field commander in Somalia or SecDef Donald Rumsfeld's cutting the number of troops recommended by his generals for the invasion of Iraq.
con't @

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   

This is really pathetic, i didn�t know that those people which are suposed to defend our country, and put their lives at risk at any time are treated and payed like that.

CoLD, serving inthe Armed Forces of America, is a voluntary thing. Yes pay is crappy! But we don't have topay for bills beyond cable phone and certain insurences. Food, lodgeing, and other esentials are provided free.

So in effect we are not spending money required in civilian life.

I agree though that pay is $h!T, as a private I only made about 1,000 dollars a month. Married Soldiers make a little bit more, but not much.

Where in almost everyother nation 2nd world and lower, being a soldier is required and many hve no choice at all. Not too mention the only reward they get is perhaps food and a chance to sleep. Many don't even get that!

Personally I feel enlisting should be required by all people at the age of 18 for at least 2 yrs. But I also understand why others oppose such an idea.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
i think a man in uniform is sexy
a female in uniform is just down right sexier

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

CoLD, serving inthe Armed Forces of America, is a voluntary thing. Yes pay is crappy! But we don't have topay for bills beyond cable phone and certain insurences. Food, lodgeing, and other esentials are provided free.

So in effect we are not spending money required in civilian life.

I agree though that pay is $h!T, as a private I only made about 1,000 dollars a month. Married Soldiers make a little bit more, but not much.

Where in almost everyother nation 2nd world and lower, being a soldier is required and many hve no choice at all. Not too mention the only reward they get is perhaps food and a chance to sleep. Many don't even get that!

Personally I feel enlisting should be required by all people at the age of 18 for at least 2 yrs. But I also understand why others oppose such an idea.

im gonna enlist for the air force in january and i am looking very forward to starting my militayr career off here soon. and yes i agree that every one should enlist after they graduate highschool. they should make the benifits for signing up for the draft the rewards for doing the 2 years i.e. college loans and federal jobs (if you wanted one)

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Use it for what it can provide for you-education, benefits, retirement (if you can last that long). But it is sad that most enlisted are married and on some sort of govt assistance.

they deserve our respect and admiration. Most do not join because of lack of jobs, etc... in my opinion-it was education benefits, both while on active and after.

To all that are currently serving-I salute you

never fold with a winning hand!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 03:31 AM
link   
...paid too much...paid too little...bottom line is that you are getting paid to possibly take a bullet or put a few through someone else...

...think they deserve every cent, every 'luxury' they get and more...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
and I have many friends in the military, and they are quite happy with their financial situation....so I can't say much more than that....

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Think of what the Soldiers of WW2 got, a soldier who asks for money, is no better than a murderer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join