It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight back?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
We as part of the UFO community need to come together and fight like other "interest groups" do all the time. We just sit back and think up conspiracies instead of sending emails, making phone calls, and representing ourselves. I think it's time!

[edit on 14-6-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
We as part of the UFO community need to come together and fight like other "interest groups" do all the time. We just sit back and think up conspiracies instead of sending emails, making phone calls, and representing ourselves. I think it's time!

[edit on 14-6-2005 by meshuggah1324]

I applaud your enthusiasm.

However, I think that starting a UFO lobby is a futile effort. Look at the lack of progress with the Disclosure Project of Dr. Steven Greer.

This is not a problem that can be resolved from writing our elected leaders and by making public statements. It is a monumental crisis that can only be amended through spiritual means by pursuing advanced spiritual development that will lead us to eventually become Co-Creators

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I just don't think Dr. Greer can do it alone. He has a hard time coming up with enough donations as it is to hold conferences. We all need to do our part. What ever we CAN do.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I just don't think Dr. Greer can do it alone.

He has hundreds of members in his organization.

He has a hard time coming up with enough donations as it is to hold conferences. We all need to do our part. What ever we CAN do.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Heh - we definately have the collective numbers to start our own UFO lobby here on ATS - but try and suggest it seriously and you will get BANNED!

I've seen it happen on more than one occasion in this Alien forum.

Some of us here, however, are taking matters into our own hands.

[edit on 14-6-2005 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet

Some of us here, however, are taking matters into our own hands.

[edit on 14-6-2005 by TruthMagnet]

Careful with that

You may wind up with more than you bargain for.

[edit on 14-6-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Thats kinda the point - isn't it?

Real Progress has rarely been made by those who are overly cautious.

Anyways, if all goes well, they may never see it coming!

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Thats kinda the point - isn't it?

Not really.

Real Progress has rarely been made by those who are overly cautious.

There is a vast difference between being overly cautious and foolhardy. I trust that you are walking a prudent path.

Anyways, if all goes well, they may never see it coming!

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Thanks,

Although we are being prudent - we will need all the luck we can get!

Could use a little more money too!

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I think it's a very good idea for people to prepare themselves for anything that's possible. The way I see it, there are two main possibilities: 1. Aliens are peaceful. 2. Aliens are hostile. It doesn't get much more simple than that.

Any random search on google will produce a great number of groups that are prepared for the first alternative; getting prepared for the next great leap in human evolution: becoming an adult race that's ready to join their alien brothers and sisters... It's quite obvious that the majority of people want to believe in peaceful aliens that are here merely to guide and teach us.

But what about the second possibility? Do you know how hard it is to find results on ideas for defending against aliens? I see no movements toward the possibility that aliens are hostile. All I see is, "Yay, aliens are peaceful. Let's throw away our weapons and do whatever they tell us to do!" So anyone who suggests aliens are hostile is a primative monkey?

I propose that anyone who considers only one of these possibilities is being very narrow minded.

[edit on 21-6-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Seriously though, the fact that they haven't invaded yet says pretty much one of three things.

1. They are simply INCREDIBLY patient. (and of course stupid, giving us time to perfect better defenses). Unlikely....

2. We've developed sufficient countermeasures to at least deter such an invasion.

or

3. Invasion simply isn't their goal.

4. They only exist as a chimera, or a method for us to try and resolve things that we see in the sky and have seen for thousands of years (In other words, they ain't real at all, except in the way we choose to perceive them)...

5. They aren't an existing at all ... Never have ... Never will ...

Nice try Gaz! I love to read the things you write, but want to keep this honest for us fence-sitters. It never ceases to amaze me that people take things that other people see through hypnotism, self-induced trances, and the like and with no more evidence than their personal acceptance of such statements by other people, state it like it is a universal verity.

First ... Find a Gray ... Next ... Try peaceful intentions and communication. Then draw your inferences.

Now, before people begin to snipe at me. I am not nearly as anti-Gray or anti-UFO as you may liek to think or perceive. I am simply trying hard to keep these conversations honest.

How can we gather here, and based on surmise, plan defense of the world against "Monsters" that haven't even been proven to exist?

Please feel free to shoot at me. I am always in the market to be convinced.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86

How can we gather here, and based on surmise, plan defense of the world against "Monsters" that haven't even been proven to exist?

Surmise is all we have. Not everyone here on ATS gets to be an insider with solid evidence. Not everyone here has seen a ufo or an alien in real life. Not everyone gets to "talk with aliens" or interact with them on a regular basis. Not everyone here knows the real truth. Regardless of the things we don't know, we're still interested in the topic and would still like to discuss whatever we can about it; even if that means we're going to talk about something completely speculative. I'd say that about 90% of what said in this forum has no evidence to back it up. Does that mean we should all just shut up?

Yes, this thread is hypothetical... I think we've gone over that already.

This thread isn't here to plan the defense of the world against monsters. We're simply discussing hypothetical ways that the average Joe can defend against an alien invasion. In the case of an actual all out invasion, wouldn't the government structure and military forces be the first things on the list to be taken out? What will we have to rely on then? All we'll have is ourselves, our family and neighbors, and our own ingenuity.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Well, to preface: I believe that if there are ETs visiting us, that they are not hostile. Otherwise, we'd be enslaved already. Any race that can do the things that UFOs do, and can cross interstellar space, would not even break a sweat taking control from us monkeys.

That said, if they did come for us...

Remember, we do have the home field advantage. We have spent our entire lives in this environment. They might not be used to the gravity, amount of O2 (or whatever they metabolize) in our air, the temperature, lighting, etc. All indications are that, while they may be intellectually (and perhaps psychically) very powerful, they may be physically quite frail.

Running is not a bad tactic. They might not possess the endurance in our environment to pursue very far or very fast. Likewise any contest of physical power might be to our advantage...punching, kicking, gouging, wrestling, might all work.

My personal favorite tactic is still to use a shotgun (or better yet, and AR-15). No creature we know of reacts favorably to a large, rapid dose of kinetic energy, and I'm guessing ETs are no different. The trick is being able to administer it, especially if they have any type of psychic powers or crazy technology like forcefields.

Good luck, folks!

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
From what I've generally heard is that they spend most of their time in a biosuit. The can't adapt well to allergens and molds. If this is the case, being a flithy slob and not cleaing your fridge is the most powerful weapon against them. That and anything corrosive.

We could mutate molds and spore to cause serious havok on them, almost like mustard gas. So i wonder if pepper spray would work on them?

-Aza

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMorden
Well, to preface: I believe that if there are ETs visiting us, that they are not hostile. Otherwise, we'd be enslaved already. Any race that can do the things that UFOs do, and can cross interstellar space, would not even break a sweat taking control from us monkeys.

There is evidence (e.g., the long-term breeding program, the brainwashing of abductees, etc.) that they have been subtly subjugating us over many years and are slowly acclimating us to their official domination.

That said, if they did come for us...

Remember, we do have the home field advantage. We have spent our entire lives in this environment. They might not be used to the gravity, amount of O2 (or whatever they metabolize) in our air, the temperature, lighting, etc. All indications are that, while they may be intellectually (and perhaps psychically) very powerful, they may be physically quite frail.

The average Grey is smaller and physically weaker than your average Homo sapien. Perhaps this is why there have been reports from abductees that Nordics have been found to serve as security in protecting the Greys agains their Homo sapien prisoners.

Running is not a bad tactic. They might not possess the endurance in our environment to pursue very far or very fast. Likewise any contest of physical power might be to our advantage...punching, kicking, gouging, wrestling, might all work.

We'd never get that close. They simply outgun us.

My personal favorite tactic is still to use a shotgun (or better yet, and AR-15). No creature we know of reacts favorably to a large, rapid dose of kinetic energy, and I'm guessing ETs are no different. The trick is being able to administer it, especially if they have any type of psychic powers or crazy technology like forcefields.

From my research, logical extrapolation, intuition and experience, I've never found any evidence, direct or indirect, that they have shielding capability or psychic powers.

On the other hand, Bob Lazar has stated that they power their ships with antimatter reactors that are the approximate size of a basketball. Antimatter bombs are much more powerful than conventional nuclear weapons.

The upshot?

They could nuke this entire planet and end this civilization in a matter of minutes if they truly desired it.

Abduction Prevention

[edit on 23-6-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azathoth
From what I've generally heard is that they spend most of their time in a biosuit. The can't adapt well to allergens and molds. If this is the case, being a flithy slob and not cleaing your fridge is the most powerful weapon against them. That and anything corrosive.

We could mutate molds and spore to cause serious havok on them, almost like mustard gas. So i wonder if pepper spray would work on them?

I think I mentioned that, actually. Chemicals would probably be a good bet (especially if rumors are true about them absorbing nutrients through their skin). Also, I know this might sound silly, but would could load big water guns (super-soakers) with different chemicals. After watching 'Signs' I thought if I was in that movie I would have filled up a super-soaker with water to fight aliens. And if all else failed, I'd spit on them; like spitting acid. Haha.

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
The average Grey is smaller and physically weaker than your average Homo sapien

Some report that greys are surprisingly strong for their size, much like the way chimps are strong for their size. A chimp can outpower several grown men, so it may not be wise to assume too much about their strength because of their small size.

However, strength is not always a dominating factor. I study martial arts and weigh only 135 lbs at 6 ft, and take on men more than two or three times my size, and win, on a regular basis.

They could nuke this entire planet and end this civilization in a matter of minutes if they truly desired it.

They probably need this planet, though; after all, they're here, aren't they? This will probably be our biggest point of leverage. If we threaten to nuke the planet (which we might actually do) then they'd be forced to take a step or two back and re-examine things. If it's our planet they actually desire. The same goes if they need us, whether it be physical labor, DNA, or food... If we threaten to nuke then we'd risk harming ourselves as well. Nuking our own planet might be the biggest threat we can make. Why do you think we hear all these stories about them wanting to deactive our bombs?

EDIT: Adding:

Actually, come to think of it... Consider the rumors of underground clone/breeding facilities. Some think they're breeding in mass numbers in those facilities to prepare for their 'official' invasion. If their tech could just wipe us out (and it probably can, but they don't want that) then why breed so many thousands or even millions of clones if not for close combat on foot? My thought is maybe they're expecting a few casualties on their side. Little grey mindless zombie worker drones would be expendable, right?

[edit on 23-6-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CloudlessKnight

The average Grey is smaller and physically weaker than your average Homo sapien

Some report that greys are surprisingly strong for their size, much like the way chimps are strong for their size. A chimp can overpower several grown men, so it may not be wise to assume too much about their strength because of their small size.

However, strength is not always a dominating factor. I study martial arts and weigh only 135 lbs at 6 ft, and take on men more than two or three times my size, and win, on a regular basis.

Well, there are those reports about the Nordic security guards on-board the Zetan craft.

Then again, there also the six foot Grey variety. These of course would be harder to knock out than their four foot cousins.

Hmmm...Greys, Reptilians and Preying Mantis' in the martial arts. That is an intriguing concept. Would the Preying Mantis' use Preying Mantis Style Kung Fu? Sorry...couldn't resist that one.

You're right. One does not have to weigh a whole lot to be formidable as a martial artist. But one must also remember that these are highly intellectual beings and humanoids of that sort usually are not very physically oriented. Also, the typical short Grey doesn't even look like he works out. I remember the case about the man who caught a Grey near his residence and shoved it into an ice chest for a time. The Grey screamed a lot but was nonetheless overpowered. I may be wrong on this issue, but I don't think that most of the Greys are formidable as martial artists. Security is the job of the Hybrids and the Nordics, which is why they are breeding so many. I have yet to hear about the formation of a Grey army.

It's good that you stay in shape. What style or styles have you trained in? And don't say, "Zetan hand-to-hand," "Grey-Do," or "Zetan-Do."

They probably need this planet, though; after all, they're here, aren't they? This will probably be our biggest point of leverage. If we threaten to nuke the planet (which we might actually do) then they'd be forced to take a step or two back and re-examine things. If it's our planet they actually desire. The same goes if they need us, whether it be physical labor, DNA, or food... If we threaten to nuke then we'd risk harming ourselves as well. Nuking our own planet might be the biggest threat we can make. Why do you think we hear all these stories about them wanting to deactivate our bombs?

That's true. They are already here in force and will not destroy the surface population of this world unless they feel that they are losing their domination of the Sol System. One can imagine if somehow we could deactivate all of their EM cloaking mechanisms for their craft and probes right now. Our view of our skies would greatly change.

Actually, come to think of it... Consider the rumors of underground clone/breeding facilities. Some think they're breeding in mass numbers in those facilities to prepare for their 'official' invasion. If their tech could just wipe us out (and it probably can, but they don't want that) then why breed so many thousands or even millions of clones if not for close combat on foot? My thought is maybe they're expecting a few casualties on their side. Little grey mindless zombie worker drones would be expendable, right?

Yes, I generally agree. However, not Greys but Nordics and Hybrids would do the ground fighting.

Although it won't be an official invasion, as they are already here in various bases (according to Retired Sgt. Clifford Stone). What would be official is their overthrow of our governments.

[edit on 23-6-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Martial arts might be a good thing to look into.

There's no reason that I can think of that a person shouldn't invest in learning martial arts if they're serious about wanting to fight aliens. After all, their shape, dimensions, and geometry are basically the same as ours. They move the same as we do. They have two arms, two legs, the same as us. All the techniques you learn from training in martial arts to defend against people can be applied to greys, reptilians, nordics, or whatever as well.

I remember the case about the man who caught a Grey near his residence and shoved it into an ice chest for a time. The Grey screamed a lot but was nonetheless overpowered.

Reminds me of a dream, I had. Or at least what I think was a dream. I think I posted this in some previous thread a while back, but I can't remember the link. I was dreaming of sleeping at my aunts house (which is where I was at the time) and dreamed that I woke up thinking I needed to get ready for school. I walked around the house for a bit then headed for the front door. After I walked out and closed the door behind me, I turned around and a Grey was standing there. It reached for my throat, so I reached for its throat, which resulted in a short struggle where I tried throwing it from side to side... Right when it seemed I had gained a solid advantage, everything went dark and I woke up.

It's good that you stay in shape. What style or styles have you trained in? And don't say, "Zetan hand-to-hand," "Grey-Do," or "Zetan-Do."

Heheh. Juijitsu and Bujinkan budo Taijitsu. I'll be beginning Kung Fu in a few weeks, hopefully.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Martial arts might be a good thing to look into.

There's no reason that I can think of that a person shouldn't invest in learning martial arts if they're serious about wanting to fight aliens. After all, their shape, dimensions, and geometry are basically the same as ours. They move the same as we do. They have two arms, two legs, the same as us. All the techniques you learn from training in martial arts to defend against people can be applied to greys, reptilians, nordics, or whatever as well.

I absolutely agree with that.

I've trained in the martial arts, on and off, since the 1970s, starting out with a very traditional school of Tae-Kwon-Do -- which, as you probably already know, emphasizes kicking over punching -- and then moving on to integrate the parry and vertical Kung Fu punch, as well as the slide side kick and other facets of Jeet Kune Do into my own interpretation of same. As you go through your martial arts life you oftentimes learn the hard way a proper way to train in order to avoid injury and what supplements to take. The traditional methods of training have a lot to be desired.

Grappling techniques are good but you can't practice them unless you have a partner. I like the idea of being able to knock out or at least knock down someone with one strike, and have often trained accordingly.

At 16, I could break two boards with a reverse punch and two boards with a lead side kick, which I did at a TKD demo at a local hotel in 1976. Now in my mid-forties, I have considerably more power in my legs and a little more in my arms. In recent months, I have had the problem of punching so hard that I damage my neck muscles, despite neck strengthening exercises. One learns to adapt in training.

In the 1980s, I also had a summer stint of taking a class of the soft style known as Aikido.

I remember the case about the man who caught a Grey near his residence and shoved it into an ice chest for a time. The Grey screamed a lot but was nonetheless overpowered.

Reminds me of a dream, I had. Or at least what I think was a dream. I think I posted this in some previous thread a while back, but I can't remember the link. I was dreaming of sleeping at my aunts house (which is where I was at the time) and dreamed that I woke up thinking I needed to get ready for school. I walked around the house for a bit then headed for the front door. After I walked out and closed the door behind me, I turned around and a Grey was standing there. It reached for my throat, so I reached for its throat, which resulted in a short struggle where I tried throwing it from side to side... Right when it seemed I had gained a solid advantage, everything went dark and I woke up.

By the outcome of the dream, I think we can safely assume that it wasn't an implanted screen memory. Instead, it was encouragement from Spirit to pursue your training in order to be prepared to fight Zetans.

Heheh. Juijitsu and Bujinkan budo Taijitsu. I'll be beginning Kung Fu in a few weeks, hopefully.

Sounds like you're ready for a brawl with some off-worlders!

I'm not familiar with Bujinkan budo Taijitsu. Is that also a grappling style? Also, what style of Kung Fu are you about to start in?

[edit on 24-6-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

By the outcome of the dream, I think we can safely assume that it wasn't an implanted screen memory. Instead, it was encouragement from Spirit to pursue your training in order to be prepared to fight Zetans.

That's an encouraging thought.

I'm not familiar with Bujinkan budo Taijitsu. Is that also a grappling style? Also, what style of Kung Fu are you about to start in?

Taijutsu is generically called ninjutsu, but schools prefer not to call it that because of the bad wrap associated with the word. It has some grappling techniques, but that's not the focus of the art like in Juijitsu. It's lots of fun. A guy I knew who was a TaeKwonDo instructor was in the class with me, and he loved it. It's very different.

I'm not sure what style of Kung Fu I'm going for. Right now I'm working out financial issues before I figure that out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join