It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Haves and the Have-Nots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Let's suppose there is in the future a world divided by only two classes: the Haves and the Have-Nots.

Be speculative or give your guesstimate according to your current viewpoints of the future:

What really define the differences between the Haves and the Have-Nots?

What type of societies the Haves and the Have-Nots would have or look like?

What would those peoples look like? How does one become a Have or a Have-not? One must be super-wealthy, perfect genes, perfect health/intelligence or possess highly employable skills to be a Have?

What would be the disproportional population percentage among the Haves and the Have-Nots?

Do you either have what it is take to do or not?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Honest to God, that was the most confusing post I HAVE ever read! What are you trying to say mate? Could you re-word it or simply your post? Or am I just plain stupid?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Whats there to "suppose"?
Its already known: Marxism101: dialectical materialism + haves and have nots.

Also:
dialectical materialism

seekerof

[edit on 10-4-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Fox
Honest to God, that was the most confusing post I HAVE ever read! What are you trying to say mate? Could you re-word it or simply your post? Or am I just plain stupid?

Sorry, dude, thought I've made my questions clear as it took me 20 minutes to reword 'em few times before I could even post it.

I'm just asking others just be speculative or to guesstimate (in other words, be imaginative with your answers based on your current viewpoints).

[edit on 4/11/2005 by the_oleneo]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This is a questioned answered in a 1927 movie entitled Metropolis. It gives a picture of life in times of capital excess. [url=www.ram.org/ramblings/movie/metropolis]
With our shrinking middle class it isn't difficult to imagine a society of low paid workers and the extremely rich pampered.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
In my opinion, until people stop thinking that they NEED to work for someone else in order to survive, we will have a large section of the population that are have nots. The ones who take their destiny into their own hands are the ones who will have the chance to become the haves.

Your employer is not responsible for boosting you up the social scale, they are only required to pay you a competitive wage for your services. There is a limit to how much they will pay you.

top topics

join