It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome a new ATS member, Cide

page: 418
<< 415  416  417    419  420  421 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Just interested in varying opinions!

link   
i am interested in joining this group because of some interest topics

link   
I'm delighted to have found this board. I've been a professional freelance writer and editor for the last nine years.

link   
There have been a number of accidents involving the ignition of vapours in aircraft fuel tanks. Airplanes generate large amounts of entropy when in service. There is an uncontrolled risk of an explosion. For a tank, the entropy density does not go on increasing forever. There is a maximum entropy. Above this maximal entropy the entropy is again zero and the energy density increases toward maximum. This condition (false vacuum) can easily be met in a fuel tank ullage before an explosion. This scenario leads to an explosion, when the false vacuum state finally ends. The explosion is a complete surprise to the crew.

While the accident airplane was being fueled at JFK the fuel system's automatic VSO (volumetric shutoff) activated due to fuel weathering before the fuel tanks were full. A mechanic "overode" the safety system and finished fueling manually.
Conclusion: the vents of the fuel tanks were closed and left closed.

The flight was delayed because of fuel weathering. Official: a disabled piece of ground equipment (a fleet service vehicle was blocking the accident airplane at the gate) and concerns about a suspected passenger/baggage mismatch (the missing passenger was on board the whole time).

The TWA 800 arrow of time.
1. Refueling, fuel weathering due to entropy, long wait for the stabilization of fuel.
2. Due to permanent fuel weathering the vents at the Main Tank № 4 and Reserve Tank № 4 were left closed.
3. time about 20:19 - The airplane became airborne.
4. time 20:25:41 - Boston ARTCC: "TWA 800 climb and maintain [19,000 feet] and expedite trough [15,000 feet]."
5. time 20:27:47 - The airplane reached its assignated altitude.
- Fuel weathering.
- Reserve Tank № 1, Main Tank № 1, Main Tank № 2, Main Tank № 3 overfilled, streak of light.
- Reserve Tank № 4 overpressured, decay of the false vacuum.
- Right wing on fire, Main Tank № 4 overheated and overpressured.
6. time 20:29:15 - The captain: "Look at that crazy fuel flow indicator there on number four . . . see that?"
7. time about 20:30 - Main Tank № 4 overpressured, in the Main Tanks № 1, № 2 and № 3 fuel weathering, engines № 1, № 2 and № 3 power loss,
- Lose height.
- Fuel leak from the Reserve Tank № 4 penetrated the fuselage.
8. time 20:30:15 - Boston ARTCC: "TWA800 climb and maintain [15,000 feet].”
- The captain: "climb thrust!"
9. time 20:30:25 - The captain: "climb thrust!"
10. time 20:30:35 - The flight engineer: "power's set!" (on fire?)
11.time 20:30:42 - Movement in the cockpit. Decay of the false vacuum in the CWT, explosion.
- The CVR recorded a "very loud sound".
12. time 20:31:12 - The CVR recording ended.

Almost ten years after the crash, many people still have questions about what caused this tragedy. Thus aviation engineering cannot abolish the entropy law and arrow of time.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
hi i am ramesh from india.

link   
I hope to be better informed about our Goverment...

link   
I am a former Marine corps infantry sergeant, currently teaching chemistry and physics in Atlanta with a somewhat right lean and hope to provide some balance to the blog

link   
ready to teach willing to learn

link   
I am an ex aero engineer and worked on Concorde during its UK mid life up date,I believe I can help with so misconceptions regarding gliders, even those designed for sst travel or high altitude travel

link   
well im from the Uk and i am currently trying to find some good forums and this one really looks like the BIZ.. i hope to find more people who are interested in the things i am and learn more about other peoples views on subjects.. like the moon ladning which is a hot topic in my head at the moment

link   
Ultimate vigilance is the price of freedom.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I am looking to find out about spontaneous combustion. I will be contributing real life accounts of witnesses and hoping to discover wether it is an act of god or scientificly linked

link   
Like to share what Ii know, possibly ask questions too.

link   
Hello, I too am a fellow believer of the Governments involvements in many things in conjunction with it's plan to rule with the New world Order.

link   
just looking at pictures with our gandchildren

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I've been involved in anomaly research for over 30 years and have my own web site dedicated to personal research.

My methodology is rather obscure and innovative, which should prove of some interest to this site. Your diverse membership will also provide valuable feedback.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
i am a Software Engineer, working specially in the large scale international projects, what I can contribute is the special knowledge of underkneath computer systems.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'm an open minded individual, always interested in new perspectives. I've enjoyed ATS and would like to occasionally participate, answer questions, provide new links, but mostly learn new ideas and interesting things from the outstanding members.

link   
There are many interesting topics that I feel I would like to contribute to as they interest me.

link   
Very interested in COMINT prior to 1992? Some of the most exciting and original thinking went into this field. And I want to know what and how it was done.

new topics

top topics

<< 415  416  417    419  420  421 >>

join