It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS..the ugly stepchild?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'm not overly fond of BTS....I left several other, what I call "fluff" boards after finding ATS....I'm interested in serious discussion....I have hard time with "what kind of car do you drive", "what's on your CD payer right now"....Just not into that stuff, or sports or reality shows.....so I guess most people like me, get a bit miffed if they feel it serious discussion and gets moved to where they view non serious talk area.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
That reminds me of something else , there are some just to nutty to be on ATS and therefore take refuge in BTS , *doc looks around shifty eyed* you know who you are not to name any names .......DC , Croat and Jaks.....

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I'm not overly fond of BTS....I left several other, what I call "fluff" boards after finding ATS....I'm interested in serious discussion....I have hard time with "what kind of car do you drive", "what's on your CD payer right now"....Just not into that stuff, or sports or reality shows.....so I guess most people like me, get a bit miffed if they feel it serious discussion and gets moved to where they view non serious talk area.

Yeah, but don't judge all the BTS forums based on the noisy neighbors. True, there's chit chat. But also the place for Theology debate, Book Reviews (see current signature), and topics some take pretty seriously like Member Dreams and Personal Predictions and Health & Wellness.

My favs are probably Sci-Fi, Gen Ent and the like (movies, comics) but not everyone has to be pedestrian like me.

And as a destination BTS is up there for alot of topics in google returns, but as much as our contributor posters on ATS influence global discussion on topics like Aliens, Illuminati, NWO, Terror and Politics...

We can do better in influencing the really important stuff like casting the next Wonder Woman!?!

What the hell does MSNBC know? When Joss Whedon is doing casting research on public opinion, do we really want those geeks demanding another Kim Bassinger vehicle? Or our geeks demanding Charisma Carpenter's shot!

According to the media, bloggers are driving the known universe.
Well, my fellow interactive bloggers, why stop at the trivial stuff like getting Dan Rather fired when we can influence story lines in our favorite shows and get writers fired! Stupid Enterprise.

I'm serious.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Yeah, but don't judge all the BTS forums based on the noisy neighbors. True, there's chit chat. But also the place for Theology debate, Book Reviews (see current signature), and topics some take pretty seriously like Member Dreams and Personal Predictions and Health & Wellness.

Yes....and I do on an occasion, get into a "mood" and post to something over there....and I do realize there are some forums of a more serious note to them....I have surfed the" Health" forums and "book reviews", also the "interesting web web sites" forums...wish more people would post other sites of interest...

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
There are quite a few serious BTS threads out there, as RANT and LadyV have mentioned....

I hope that more than a few have taken a look at my photography thread....We have some great talent here at ATS....

I also have a culinary thread, where I offer my assistance to those struggling in the kitchen...but judging by it's recent inactivity, everyone here at ATS, BTS, etc...must be satisfied with their Raman noodles....

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Most true Rant and Lady V i like the nicer threads such as that as well as thread share all threads like post your favorite quotes or poetry there is alot to do there. My only thought is that Im glad there are people to stuck on points and glamor to make it into bts sometimes I just go there for the peace that it has because there are fewer posters.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

My favs are probably Sci-Fi, Gen Ent and the like (movies, comics) but not everyone has to be pedestrian like me.

Also, a good place for finding those obscure websites, looking into website design, as well as catching other's opinions on movies and TV. I love BTS, myself. I don't think every post I make need be in ATS an in actuality, the larger part of my interest fall under BTS headings. I hope we can get this stigma attached to BTS and PTS changed. We need a pro-BTS campaign!

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep

Also, a good place for finding those obscure websites, looking into website design, as well as catching other's opinions on movies and TV. I love BTS, myself. I don't think every post I make need be in ATS an in actuality, the larger part of my interest fall under BTS headings. I hope we can get this stigma attached to BTS and PTS changed. We need a pro-BTS campaign!

Good point speaking of which did everyone catch the last episode I was talking about in the tv series forum about enterprise most favorite episode was to be aired ....it was a good pick the one where the captain got a time displaced virus in his brain and the earth was destroyed and so on great choice it gets
from me if enterprise had to go out that was the way it should have.....PS keep an eye on that forum star trek fans I am trying to find out what paramount has in mind for the next version of star trek as hinted to in my post.. will update when I know.

[edit on 11/4/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
So apparently the main reason there is any bias towards BTS is the shortage of points earned for posts put there. That is just slightly amusing.

Isn't it ironic that on a site who's slogan is "Deny Ignorance", there would be bias, towards a section of it's own community...

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Susquehanna
So apparently the main reason there is any bias towards BTS is the shortage of points earned for posts put there.

No...it's more the personality of those that come to a site such as ATS......the topics found at BTS are found literally tons of forums around the net....especially the fluff stuff "celebrity garbadygoo, movies, etc.......but what usually attracts people to this site is the more serious topics of ATS delving in conspiracy!

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Don´t forget to check out the Global News Discussion Forum... I post "breaking news" in there sometimes instead of posting it to ATSNN. There is actually one in there now which is still not on ATSNN (hint: Bangladesh). As we all know, ATSNN-stories can coexist with ATS/PTS/BTS-threads. BTS is also a perfect place to practice and improve your posting skills.

VIVA LE BTS

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Exactly, what's the freakin problem? BTS is a wonderful companion to ATS. This is the lounge. This is where we have fun and get to know each other.

Man, I hate BTS bias.(For a lack of a better term)

If you are not using BTS, you are only getting a portion of the full ATS experience.

VIVA LE BTS.

Have to agree wholeheartedly....and btw, you DO get points on BTS, just not as many...

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm starting to feel the love gang. Let's keep it up.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

So apparently the main reason there is any bias towards BTS is the shortage of points earned for posts put there. That is just slightly amusing.

Isn't it ironic that on a site who's slogan is "Deny Ignorance", there would be bias, towards a section of it's own community...

well noone says discrimination is right but we can all agree it exists against anyone or anything we dont care for or is differnt then the eutopic view we all thing we have....me I dont care the forum its the discussion I can be discriminating against like for example I tolerate all people but to participate in a religious debate , I would first have to know I am with like minded people, not because I dont like a religion or lack there of but for the fact that the like minded people should be willing to give and take and in the end all learn and respect the others views and even when proven right they dont disreguard them.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta

well noone says discrimination is right but we can all agree it exists against anyone or anything we dont care for or is differnt then the eutopic view we all thing we have....me I dont care the forum its the discussion I can be discriminating against like for example I tolerate all people but to participate in a religious debate , I would first have to know I am with like minded people, not because I dont like a religion or lack there of but for the fact that the like minded people should be willing to give and take and in the end all learn and respect the others views and even when proven right they dont disreguard them.

Jesus said. "ask and you shall recieve".

www.belowtopsecret.com...

BTS!

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Jesus said. "ask and you shall recieve".

www.belowtopsecret.com...

BTS!

Hehehehe someone was paying attention....however the thread in BTS is known to me I just chose the topic to prove a point it exists in both forums and that is why there should be no descrimination based on forum rather against the troll factor that makes discussions not worth being a part of ...

Thanks again for the link though

top topics

<< 1   >>

join