It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS..the ugly stepchild?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I'm relatively new here, and have noticed in recent days that when the ATS peeps get threads moved to BTS by the mods, they seem to get miffed. What gives? I prowl more on BTS, it seems like freindlier environs...

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Not only that....But if something doesn't fit into ATS, if it's not good enough for the trash pile, then it usually finds its way over here....

Hundreds of duplicate and triplicate threads...One-liners galore....

I guess, as they say in ATS, it's the place to come to when the rules just seem to confining...a place to fight away the office blues...mods and members alike....

Which is great, and I agree it's probably the board I frequent the most here.....but I think it's time for a few cobwebs to be knocked down.....

[edit on 4/10/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Your not that new.

In addition, I don't see any mistatements in your post. I think you are correct on all counts.

Perhaps its just that they don't get points on BTS. I dunno.

I rather enjoy the less rigid enviornment at BTS myself.

See?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Susquehanna
I'm relatively new here, and have noticed in recent days that when the ATS peeps get threads moved to BTS by the mods, they seem to get miffed. What gives? I prowl more on BTS, it seems like freindlier environs...

Exactly, what's the freakin problem? BTS is a wonderful companion to ATS. This is the lounge. This is where we have fun and get to know each other.

Man, I hate BTS bias.(For a lack of a better term)

If you are not using BTS, you are only getting a portion of the full ATS experience.

VIVA LE BTS.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
If you are not using BTS, you are only getting a portion of the full ATS experience.
VIVA LE BTS.

Dont forget PTS, more peole need to go there.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

Originally posted by intrepid
VIVA LE BTS.

Dont forget PTS, more peole need to go there.

Very true. It's not like you have to open another window. Just log into all three and you can surf the site.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
intrepid intrepid HE'S OUR MAN IF HE CAN'T DO IT NO ONE CAN!

Right on. BTS rocks. Officially, and unofficially.

A lot of ATS threads are actually BTS threads in disguise, the poster just hit the wrong forum.

Three cheers for BTS and PTS!

[edit on 4/10/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
well...

BTS needs our help...

i think, it is far behind ATS...

we should start a thread about helping BTS grow...

i mean, ATS is, what, 492 on big boards...

where is BTS???

HELP BTS

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Picture AboveTopSecret.com as a cerebral boxing ring constantly pitting great minds against each other.

Now picture BelowTopSecret.com as the night club where everyone goes to get a 2 for 1 drink special after their intense visits from ATS

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
intrepid intrepid HE'S OUR MAN IF HE CAN'T DO IT NO ONE CAN!

Right on. BTS rocks. Officially, and unofficially.

A lot of ATS threads are actually BTS threads in disguise, the poster just hit the wrong forum.

Three cheers for BTS and PTS!

[edit on 4/10/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

Not me man, Susquehanna saw this.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Simulacra,
That was eloquently put.
Very nice. Could not have said it better myself.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm not much for conspiracy, so I don't find ATS all that much my kind of fighting, it's more WWE to me, but, hey, we're all allowed our own opinions, right?

And I have seen quite a few serious discussions going on in BTS. Of course, there seems to be more drinking, too. but that goes without saying.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Just remember guys, "All work and no play...................".

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
What does BTS have that ATS has?

A news forum:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Thanks to all, Hellmutt included.

A religious forum:

What does BTS have that ATS doesn't?

A Rant forum, try to do this on ATS and see what happens.

A link to Sportz:

www.sportztawk.com...

Here's a biggie, Computer Help, we're not all programers:

What else? Check it out:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
BTS is one of the reasons why I'm addicted to the site. When I first joined, for a couple of weeks I didn't even know that BTS existed. Now I'm there all the time!! You guys are right when you say it is a complement to the ATS threads; if you're getting stressed or bored by the serious tone of it all, head over to BTS and take a load off. Maybe it's just me, but with the more relaxed nature of BTS I realize that certain people I may not agree with (sometimes even despise) on ATS can be really fun people over at BTS. Yes, the points don't amount to much there, but if you're worried about points, submit some news!

Hooray!!!

JAK

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I will say that I think BTS is the perfect accompanyment to ATS.

ATS is an incredible place where you can engage in some fascinating and stimulating conversations. Where you can even take it to the edge with another member at the same time meet on another thread and stand together.

Outstanding, and that's what first struck me and why I warmed so to it whan I first arrived here.

ATS though would be lesser place without BTS, imho.

BTS is the place where you can get to know those members behind the beliefs stated on ATS, the idiosyncrasies that make us who we are. Where you can step back and relax a little more, order a coffee, take a seat and tell us how you are, what you like or don't.

There are of course lighthearted posts on ATS and 'serious' threads within BTS but in the same way as there is University material in the bookshop where the coffee house is. You can read it if you want, or just chat to friends. It's entirely up to you.

Well... in my book/coffee shop anyway. Am I rambling...? I'm rambling aren't I.

I should go...
    I'll get my coat.
Jack

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Simulacra damn you hit it on the nose, I know i look forward to the funner atmosphere here on BTS:w:,
:w:
:bash::bnghd:

the smilies rock over Here

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The main reason peope get mad, is because they are posting for points, very little points in the BTS.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
While it is a popular forum for many, some dont want their stuff moved there because of the lack of points generated, they dont see that points are not what this is about. However there are some who just want more glitz and want participation therefore they feel they must be where the people are, both someday will be an aid in the destruction of ATS in my opinion though.

A cultured free exchange of Ideas should be the only concern any member should have , I myself actively participate in many threads in bts just for the humor factor and the comradary points and glitz dont matter its the fun and education that matters, oh and the lack of little tweaks like specialized avatars and sig lines etc are not the reason we should participate either so that may also be a stigmatism some may have lack of features.

[edit on 11/4/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Susquehanna

I would say: "PTS the unused stepchild"

No, BTS is well known and acknowledged. As Enron said. Some threads were moved to BTS because there´s no need on ATS.

[edit on 11-4-2005 by dacruz]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join